River Valley Coaching Search

Rvbballdude
Varsity

River Valley Coaching Search

Post by Rvbballdude »

OK, Jordan Hill is gone. Now time to hear the speculations, rumors, ideas from the experts.

BlizzardMan
S

Re: River Valley Coaching Search

Post by BlizzardMan »

What about Coach Stephens? Seems logical. Is Jordan leaving his teaching position? I could see Nance doing this, or Coach Flint if they go outside of teachers which I don't see happening.

Rvbballdude
Varsity

Post by Rvbballdude »

I think Coach Stephens would be a good candidate he is a RV guy and understands the parents. I can tell you the parents of the next few freshmen classes are pretty coach friendly and they have good kids with talent coming.

sportslifelove
Freshman Team

Post by sportslifelove »

Rvbballdude wrote:I think Coach Stephens would be a good candidate he is a RV guy and understands the parents. I can tell you the parents of the next few freshmen classes are pretty coach friendly and they have good kids with talent coming.

WOW I see Chatty Cathy is back since Hill is gone. You were very quiet this past year LOL don't get your panties in a bunch I'm just kidding you :122245

Stephens says he won't pursue the job bc of a baby on the way. Rumor around school is Golden but not sure I buy that?

Rvbballdude
Varsity

Post by Rvbballdude »

thanks for the info! I'm sure there are plenty of rumors it's RV after all!

Runner00
JV Team

Post by Runner00 »

Was told today a Piketon assistant has inquired and applied.

4thnpine
Freshman Team

Post by 4thnpine »

They should go after OZ.

BLUEDEVILS
Waterboy

Post by BLUEDEVILS »

I'm thinking it's Gary Harrison time.

Jim Mora
Freshman Team

Post by Jim Mora »

BLUEDEVILS wrote:I'm thinking it's Gary Harrison time.

Who..?

Sggrad06
Varsity

Post by Sggrad06 »

I think Gary Harrison jr would be a very good hire. Very good coach, and a very nice guy that demands his players to play 100% all the time. But the question is, will he leave the gallipolis job and does rv have a opening in the staff for him.

Jim Mora
Freshman Team

Post by Jim Mora »

Runner00 wrote:Was told today a Piketon assistant has inquired and applied.
Name?

BLUEDEVILS
Waterboy

Post by BLUEDEVILS »

Harrison would be a good fit at RV. And I do believe he is interested.

Judge and Jury
Freshman Team

Post by Judge and Jury »

First of all an outside of the county pick bad idea no disrespect there's respectable candidates. However that's the path we traveled last time end result we all know where that ended up everyone on here again looking for a coach. As far as age 40 plus of age again we went young u see where that got back to here again. Oz would b a good pick but how long u going to get him for he's an elder statesman no offense. The one man that everyone always fails to overlook for every coaching position rv could possibly offer don't get me wrong he's been there forever. He always been an asst. To just about everything. He would build the program his way if they would let him rv would have the toughest kids around period cause attitude reflects on leadership and the leadership would bring a hungry attitude that rv has never seen. Hes been in the rinky dink when it was at its strongest so he's know how to build it and what it needs. He's been in the Jr. Hi system as well as the high school system as an asst. He has the respect of the kids already as well as the community which gives him the ability to fix a much broken Rv. He may not b interested but they do have the best candidate already in place they just have to b willing to give him the reins clean house let him pick his asst.. now just because we say who we think should b the coach nowhere makes them the answer cause in no way did rv make a smart decision to move into the tvc Ohio it was more of a lateral or a step back move as far as being able to compete and ne one who thinks that rv is going to win more in the Ohio than the ovc hasn't done their home work cause rv doesn't beat them now just cause u switch leagues doesn't mean u get better instantly. Again he may not want it but someone should go talk to Steve MacAvena!!!! Community support plus player support equals a step in the right direction if not just push rv off the cliff we're standing yes its a cliff 9-12 5-16 3-20 need to turn around in a hurry.

tubby
Varsity

Post by tubby »

Will the AD position need to be filled first? I will be shocked if they hire anyone before the first of May. I can see them putting this off until the end of this school year.

Runner00
JV Team

Post by Runner00 »

Jim Mora wrote:
Runner00 wrote:Was told today a Piketon assistant has inquired and applied.
Name?
Not 100% but I am certain it was the younger guy. I will ask again today to see if I can verify the name, the individual I spoke with had nothing but good things to say about him.

Sggrad06
Varsity

Post by Sggrad06 »

River valley moving to the tvc was a good move but River valley in the tvc ohio was not the first choice of anyone. The first and best option was to divide the hocking into to two 5 team divisions, which would have been great for rv. They were talking to options, first one north division ( miller trimble belpre fed hock waterford) and south division ( rv south gallia southern eastern wahama). This was turned down by evans! Next they were looking into size of school big ( rv belpre fed hock Trimble Wahama) and small ( miller Waterford eastern southern south gallia) this was also turned down by evans, because of crossover games involving her two schools. So from my sources, they basically had to put rv in the tvc ohio to avoid playing south gallia. Which really hurts rv IMO.

bevo
Varsity

Post by bevo »

BLUEDEVILS wrote:I'm thinking it's Gary Harrison time.
HAHA no you can keep him in the city limits
i don't think he would be a good fit they need some one who has won in the past not the same old recycled bad coaches
Last edited by bevo on Sat Mar 16, 2013 11:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bevo
Varsity

Post by bevo »

Judge and Jury wrote:First of all an outside of the county pick bad idea no disrespect there's respectable candidates. However that's the path we traveled last time end result we all know where that ended up everyone on here again looking for a coach. As far as age 40 plus of age again we went young u see where that got back to here again. Oz would b a good pick but how long u going to get him for he's an elder statesman no offense. The one man that everyone always fails to overlook for every coaching position rv could possibly offer don't get me wrong he's been there forever. He always been an asst. To just about everything. He would build the program his way if they would let him rv would have the toughest kids around period cause attitude reflects on leadership and the leadership would bring a hungry attitude that rv has never seen. Hes been in the rinky dink when it was at its strongest so he's know how to build it and what it needs. He's been in the Jr. Hi system as well as the high school system as an asst. He has the respect of the kids already as well as the community which gives him the ability to fix a much broken Rv. He may not b interested but they do have the best candidate already in place they just have to b willing to give him the reins clean house let him pick his asst.. now just because we say who we think should b the coach nowhere makes them the answer cause in no way did rv make a smart decision to move into the tvc Ohio it was more of a lateral or a step back move as far as being able to compete and ne one who thinks that rv is going to win more in the Ohio than the ovc hasn't done their home work cause rv doesn't beat them now just cause u switch leagues doesn't mean u get better instantly. Again he may not want it but someone should go talk to Steve MacAvena!!!! Community support plus player support equals a step in the right direction if not just push rv off the cliff we're standing yes its a cliff 9-12 5-16 3-20 need to turn around in a hurry.
Steve MacAvena is a really good guy he would get eaten alive by experienced hs coaches he has never coached boys hs basketball and never coached boys jr high basketball,i really think we need to get an experienced guy,isn't he part of that girls mess out there??? come on rah rah is great! but it don't win games or put the ball in the basket.
and in the last 4yrs the jv & freshmen was as bad or worse, with talent so they do not need to go back to any of those associated with that mess and hire someone who wants fundamentals! Fundamentals Funda............. only way to turn it around.
tvc ohio is pretty much a lateral step but the travel time and expense is far less for everyone of the 15 or so varsity league teams at rv . only someone stupid would want to continue to run up and down rt7 and 93 for 20 more years, just plain dub get a clue! sounds like your wanting to sign up for the job which i am sure won't be posted until after the school board meets in april!
Last edited by bevo on Sat Mar 16, 2013 11:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.

bevo
Varsity

Post by bevo »

BLUEDEVILS wrote:Harrison would be a good fit at RV. And I do believe he is interested.
word is morre is getting run off and harrison is next in line at gallia ac
Last edited by bevo on Sat Mar 16, 2013 11:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Runner00
JV Team

Post by Runner00 »

When will they interview candidates? I agree Bevo.. no recycle, hire a new face who is ready to lead a program.
Last edited by Runner00 on Sat Mar 16, 2013 11:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Boys Basketball”