Southeast Ohio All-District Team

Whs95fan
S

Southeast Ohio All-District Team

Post by Whs95fan »

Warren's Michael Hall and Athens Joe Burrow named players of the year while Unioto's Matt Hoops was named coach of the year in DII. This is the third year in a row a Warren player has won player/co-player of the year in the district.
http://m.athensmessenger.com/sports/loc ... l?mode=jqm
DIVISION II

First Team

Nick Corcoran, Chillicothe Unioto, 6-2, Sr., 15.5 PPG; Will Giffin, Circleville, 6-3, Sr., 14.4; Cedric Pettiford, Washington CH Miami Trace, 6-4, Sr., 14.7; Brandon Rowe, Minford, 6-1, Jr., 17.9; Joe Burrow, Athens, 6-4, Sr., 20.0; Griffin Lutz, Athens, 6-0, So., 12.0; Michael Hall, Vincent Warren, 6-6, Sr., 16.4; Blake Kidder, Vincent Warren, 6-1, Sr., 16.4.

Players of the Year: Joe Burrow, Athens; Michael Hall, Vincent Warren

Coach of the Year: Matt Hoops, Chillicothe Unioto

roxanna fry
Riding the Bench

Re: Southeast Ohio All-District Team

Post by roxanna fry »

WHS95FAN wrote:Warren's Michael Hall and Athens Joe Burrow named players of the year while Unioto's Matt Hoops was named coach of the year in DII. This is the third year in a row a Warren player has won player/co-player of the year in the district.
http://m.athensmessenger.com/sports/loc ... l?mode=jqm
DIVISION II

First Team

Nick Corcoran, Chillicothe Unioto, 6-2, Sr., 15.5 PPG; Will Giffin, Circleville, 6-3, Sr., 14.4; Cedric Pettiford, Washington CH Miami Trace, 6-4, Sr., 14.7; Brandon Rowe, Minford, 6-1, Jr., 17.9; Joe Burrow, Athens, 6-4, Sr., 20.0; Griffin Lutz, Athens, 6-0, So., 12.0; Michael Hall, Vincent Warren, 6-6, Sr., 16.4; Blake Kidder, Vincent Warren, 6-1, Sr., 16.4.

Players of the Year: Joe Burrow, Athens; Michael Hall, Vincent Warren

Coach of the Year: Matt Hoops, Chillicothe Unioto

5 Warren players mentioned on DII team and Minford's Kenton Gullion only makes special mention......4 year starter for Minford.....what a JOKE!!!

enigmaax
All State

Post by enigmaax »

oldschool wrote: 5 Warren players mentioned on DII team and Minford's Kenton Gullion only makes special mention......4 year starter for Minford.....what a JOKE!!!
Not sure why you singled out Warren or what one has to do with the other? But since you mentioned it, Warren has beaten every district opponent on its schedule and beat Minford twice head-to-head. Yet, you think it is a "joke" that they aren't equally represented? I understand there will be different opinions on who deserved what, but your point fails on its point of reference; there's no logical connection there. Maybe your guy deserved better, but it isn't a Warren guy he should have replaced (keep in mind, two of those Warren guys are special mention like your guy and Minford already had two on the first three teams).

roxanna fry
Riding the Bench

Post by roxanna fry »

enigmaax wrote:
oldschool wrote: 5 Warren players mentioned on DII team and Minford's Kenton Gullion only makes special mention......4 year starter for Minford.....what a JOKE!!!
Not sure why you singled out Warren or what one has to do with the other? But since you mentioned it, Warren has beaten every district opponent on its schedule and beat Minford twice head-to-head. Yet, you think it is a "joke" that they aren't equally represented? I understand there will be different opinions on who deserved what, but your point fails on its point of reference; there's no logical connection there. Maybe your guy deserved better, but it isn't a Warren guy he should have replaced (keep in mind, two of those Warren guys are special mention like your guy and Minford already had two on the first three teams).

More of a comment on the Gullion kid not making it but pretty sure similar distribution last year. No disrespect to Warren intended! Just a sad display. A great player and kid who deserved better. Shows me district coaches dont vote except for their own!

Bugs76
Waterboy

Post by Bugs76 »

More of a comment on the Gullion kid not making it but pretty sure similar distribution last year. No disrespect to Warren intended! Just a sad display. A great player and kid who deserved better. Shows me district coaches dont vote except for their own![/quote]

Oldschool, this is the media (Associated Press) all-district team. It has nothing to do with coaches voting for their own. The coaches have their own all-district team.

osu
Freshman Team

Post by osu »

Lieutenant wrote:More of a comment on the Gullion kid not making it but pretty sure similar distribution last year. No disrespect to Warren intended! Just a sad display. A great player and kid who deserved better. Shows me district coaches dont vote except for their own!

Oldschool, this is the media (Associated Press) all-district team. It has nothing to do with coaches voting for their own. The coaches have their own all-district team.[/quote]
I didn't know the coaches voted for any all-district teams.I thought only sports writers for all distict, coaches for all league.

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

[/quote="oakfan"]
Lieutenant wrote:More of a comment on the Gullion kid not making it but pretty sure similar distribution last year. No disrespect to Warren intended! Just a sad display. A great player and kid who deserved better. Shows me district coaches dont vote except for their own!

Oldschool, this is the media (Associated Press) all-district team. It has nothing to do with coaches voting for their own. The coaches have their own all-district team.[/quote]
I didn't know the coaches voted for any all-district teams.I thought only sports writers for all distict, coaches for all league.[/quote]

The coaches do a separate district vote for their individual district as well (13 and 14). I haven't heard anything as far as those are concerned this year.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

District 14 was released last week at some time. I don't have an article or results though.

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

danicalifornia wrote:District 14 was released last week at some time. I don't have an article or results though.
I remember seeing the girls District 14 being released, but not the boys. Maybe I just missed it

osu
Freshman Team

Post by osu »

When do they release the coaches poll.

HoopsHotHead
Varsity

Post by HoopsHotHead »

I really like the Lutz kid from Athens.....he is a baller......I dont know how much the TEAM will do next year, but he will have some inflated stats.....this young man is a player.....sees the court better than any player I have watched this year.....I also wonder if Jeff will be back next year after all the bull that went on their this spring?......I hope so, he's a hell of a coach and an even better person

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

District 14 Coaches Association 2014-15 Boys All District

Division I & II
First Team
Will Giffin Circleville Senior
Cedric Pettiford Miami Trace Senior
Nick Corcoran Unioto Senior
Nick Overly Unioto Senior
Alec Wayne Washington C. H. Senior
Second Team
Justin Hill Circleville Senior
Ridge Young Logan Elm Sophomore
Brandon Rowe Minford Junior
Kenton Gullion Minford Senior
Erique Hosley Unioto Junior
Honorable Mention
Michael Camp Circleville Junior
Zach Young Hillsboro Senior
Preston Schultz Logan Elm Junior
Ryan Faulcner McClain Senior
Derrick Marcum Miami Trace Senior
Trey Kelley Minford Junior
Cole Cottrill Unioto Junior
Max Knisley Washington C.H. Junior
Division I & II Player of The Year
Nick Corcoran Unioto Senior
Division I & II Coach of The Year
Matt Hoops Unioto
Boys Assistant Coach Of the Year
Kyle Copley Minford
Division I & II North/South All-Star Game
Nick Corcoran Unioto Representative
Will Giffin Circleville Alternate

Division III
First Team
Drew Scarberry Northwest Senior
Wyatt Brewster Piketon Senior
Ky’re Allison Portsmouth Junior
Tyler Cartee Southeastern Senior
Bryan Rolfe Valley Junior
Pierce Mowery Zane Trace Junior
Second Team
Elijah Shanks Huntington Senior
Marcus Day Eastern Brown Junior
Sky Oliver Portsmouth Senior
Michael Davis Portsmouth West Senior
Kristian Boltenhouse Zane Trace Junior
Third Team
Aaron Southworth Piketon Senior
Dylan Miles Southeastern Senior
Ryan Brown Valley Senior
Jake Henderson Waverly Junior
Trenton Price West Union Senior
Brady Hinkle West Union Senior
Jacob Spradlin Wheelersburg Senior
Corey Wyman Westfall Sophomore
Honorable Mention
Mick Hundley Eastern Brown Junior
David Shoemaker Huntington Senior
Tristan Wilbanks Lynchburg Clay Senior
Marcus Potter Northwest Senior
Zach Jordan Piketon Junior
Kendal Reynolds Portsmouth Sophomore
Steven Irwin Portsmouth West Senior
Terrell Fairrow Southeastern Senior
Blake Howard Valley Senior
Mason Chapman Waverly Junior
Tyler Sininger West Union Senior
Chase Anderson Westfall Junior
Brandan Adams Wheelersburg Senior
Nathan Nesser Zane Trace Senior
Division III Player of The Year
Pierce Mowery Zane Trace Junior
Division III Coach of The Year
Scott Rolfe Valley

Division IV
First Team
Ethan Leist Eastern Sophomore
Josh Thacker Eastern Senior
Mason McCloy Paint Valley Senior
Beau Justice Peebles Senior
Akia Brown Sciotoville Sophomore
Second Team
C.J. Smith Notre Dame Senior
Clay Stratton Paint Valley Senior
Zach Arrasmith Peebles Senior
Shane Zimmerman South Webster Sophomore
Nick Shanks Western Senior
Third Team
Isiah Anderson North Adams Sophomore
Blaine Scott Sciotoville Freshman
Camron Gordley Peebles Sophomore
Trevon Turner Notre Dame Sophomore
Austin Smith Manchester Senior
Honorable Mention
Garret Fitch Eastern Junior
Ethan Putnam Fairfield Junior
Sean Frost Manchester Junior
Tyler Shonkwiler New Boston Senior
Trey Meade North Adams Junior
Hattachai Buttayotte Notre Dame Sophomore
Anthony McFadden Paint Valley Junior
Tanner Arey Peebles Freshman
Drew Lowe Sciotoville Sophomore
Sean Lockhart South Webster Senior
Bryce Brewster Western Sophomore
Division IV Player of The Year
Beau Justice Peebles Senior
Division IV Coach of The Year
Josh Arey Peebles

Division III & IV North/South All Star Game
Beau Justice Peebles Representative
Sky Oliver Portsmouth Alternate

transplanted_chieftain
Waterboy

Post by transplanted_chieftain »

In Div 4 I noticed no boys from Portsmouth Clay were listed in Coaches poll so did a little checking into this. Apparently Clay's coach Betten didnt pay all of his membership dues on time and made him ineligible to nominate any of his players. Apparently other coaches in the district tried but only the head coach can nominate. Something seems wrong with this picture as it is the kids who get hurt not the coach. Gilliland, HInze and King were all 1st team SOC 1 and Hinze was 1st team AP all district and King 3rd team with Gilliland Honorable Mention. All three avg about 14-16 pts a game with Gilliland averaging the least of the 3 but averaged double figures in rebounds. All 3 helped Clay win their league and as sophomores should position Clay nicely for the next couple years.

pleasanttiger
SEO

Post by pleasanttiger »

?

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Coaches have months to pay their dues (somewhere between $5 and $25 for local) and are pretty much harassed for the entire month of December with reminders to pay their dues. This happens way too often and it wasn't just with Clay this year.

Thankfully, in basketball the AP has All District teams too to where the kids still get recognized in some way.

Return to “Boys Basketball”