Warren vs Unioto DII District Championship

warrior90
Varsity

Warren vs Unioto DII District Championship

Post by warrior90 »

Friday cannot come soon enough. Hope Kidder will be ready to go and still holding out hope for Dennis to play, even if it is off the bench. Should be a full court, physical, in your face defense type of game. Also, the Pfloyd Elite 8 #1 and #2 going at it for the Pfloyd Title! Thoughts?

WarriorBlue
Varsity

Re: Warren vs Unioto DII District Championship

Post by WarriorBlue »

This one will no doubt be a war. PFloyd's #1 & #2 going head to head I'm sure have "The Great One" all smiles!!
This could be an Instant Classic.

GO BIG BAD BLUE!

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Unioto by 10 unless Warren can hit threes

trickdawg99
Waterboy

Post by trickdawg99 »

Warren by four in a mild upset. Their coach is excellent in this type of game. He will find unioto's weakness and expose it. Unioto has more pressure to win and in a tight game it will show.

doubleplay643
S

Post by doubleplay643 »

I will go once again with Unioto, but it will be close contest I think. Surprised Athens played them pretty close with no real strategy at all, don't mean anything by that just seemed that mid-way through second quarter Burrow simply decided that it was going to be up to him to keep them close and just took over. For a football player he was a competitor Saturday, but it was him and Lutz against 8 and a very good Unioto staff.

Warren will be a different animal, they will have a plan, and they will execute the plan, and it will most likely be very effective. At end of day though Unioto will out athlete them and get quality minutes from the starting 5 plus 3 and I will pick them by 7-ish.

Congrats to both teams for getting to this game, awesome seasons.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

After seeing both teams up close and personal, I'll take Unioto 64-54.

Sorry WarriorBlue - just being honest.

:mrgreen:

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

I think Unioto is the very best team and well coached....I think Warren is a very good team with the very best coach....

Unioto 66
Warren 59

WarriorBlue
Varsity

Post by WarriorBlue »

93Bulldog wrote:After seeing both teams up close and personal, I'll take Unioto 64-54.

Sorry WarriorBlue - just being honest.

:mrgreen:
Hey no sorry needed. I was scared to death you was gonna pick us. Your track record not that great lol

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

hahaha

Great point WarriorBlue ... you'll probably win by 10 Friday!

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

Two very good teams and will no doubt be a great game to see seen unioto and Warren both a couple times this year . not picking a winner but will be pulling for Warren. Coach is class act.
Plus we are trying to talk him into coming to Portsmouth next year to play in the Wendy's classic so we can still play them lol

OICU812
Varsity

Post by OICU812 »

This should be a great game!! I plan on attending.

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

That pfloyd sure does know his basketball, 1 and 2 going at it. I'm going with the U by five.

goodsoccer8
Waterboy

Post by goodsoccer8 »

Warren is nursing some injuries while Unioto is finding their perfect form again. I'm taking Unioto in a monumental statement of a game. Length, athleticism, defense, shooting, and most importantly DEPTH should carry the Shermans to a Gold Medal. My final score prediction: 74-61

WarriorBlue
Varsity

Post by WarriorBlue »

goodsoccer8 wrote:Warren is nursing some injuries while Unioto is finding their perfect form again. I'm taking Unioto in a monumental statement of a game. Length, athleticism, defense, shooting, and most importantly DEPTH should carry the Shermans to a Gold Medal. My final score prediction: 74-61
I should prolly tell Coach Maddox and the boys they should just stay in Washington County. Kentucky has been spotted wearing Unioto unis lol

•New Flash•
We not Athens!!!

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

WarriorBlue wrote:
goodsoccer8 wrote:Warren is nursing some injuries while Unioto is finding their perfect form again. I'm taking Unioto in a monumental statement of a game. Length, athleticism, defense, shooting, and most importantly DEPTH should carry the Shermans to a Gold Medal. My final score prediction: 74-61
I should prolly tell Coach Maddox and the boys they should just stay in Washington County. Kentucky has been spotted wearing Unioto unis lol

•New Flash•
We not Athens!!!
They may be nursing injuries...but they still beat a very good Minford team pretty much down 2 starters. That proves that the Warriors have excellent depth. While they weren't the standouts last year, Henthorn and Maz played big minutes in the District Finals last year, so the Warriors have the big game advantage as well.

Unioto is not overlooking this very good Warren team in any way. If they do, the season ends Friday night.

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

After seeing both play I think Unioto takes this one.

Rabeanos0512
Freshman Team

Post by Rabeanos0512 »

Pulling for the Shermans in this one. As a Cavalier alum and fan I want the district title for the Ross Co. boys. I traveled down to see the Athens game and Unioto looked very good. Hopefully they can bring home the title.
Danica when was the last time Unioto won districts? i know it was in the 90s if I am correct.
Go Cavs....Go Tanks

Refused
Waterboy

Post by Refused »

I'll take Unioto by 15 or more. I think they will come out strong and never look back the whole game.

J0623
Waterboy

Post by J0623 »

This one should be a dandy. I plan to be in the cheap seats with pfloyd and the posse enjoying the action. Oh, wait....maybe not.

Whs95fan
S

Post by Whs95fan »

Missed a lot of open 3's in the Minford game, definitely need to hit those when playing a great Unioto team. WarriorBlue, has Maddox held any practices up at MC to get a feel for shooting at bigger venues?

Return to “Boys Basketball”