Predict the District Championships

Whs95fan
S

Predict the District Championships

Post by Whs95fan »

Thought i'd try my hand at a little predicting since mother nature has put a damper on the games this week

DII: Unioto vs. Warren
(P.S., on a side note i'm quite looking forward to watching the Shermans play this year and I think this game would be a fantastic match-up if it were to take place.)

DIII: Athens region 1
Oak Hill vs. Alexander

Athens region 2
Peake vs. Portsmouth

DIV: Athens region 1
Peebles vs. Eastern

Athens region 2
Trimble vs. South Gallia

knowledge
All Conference

Re: Predict the District Championships

Post by knowledge »

I will play ball as well, since the frigid temperatures and snow have gave me some extra time as well.

DII: Minford vs. Athens
-Homer pick, but I truly do believe this is the year the Falcons go beyond the District Semi's, very special group of young men.

DIII: Athens region 1
Oak Hill vs. Zane Trace
-Several potential sleepers in this bracket IMO. In no order; Portsmouth West, West Union, Ironton, Lynchburg Clay, Wheelersburg, and even Waverly could all get hot and play well.

Athens region 2
Chesapeake vs. Portsmouth
-I see this as pretty cut and dry. Piketon is a sleeper in this bracket, they have just as much talent as anyone they match-up with IMO.

DIV: Athens region 1
Peebles vs. Eastern
-Eastern and Clay could go either way IMO.

Athens region 2
Western vs. Paint Valley
-I think Trimble's regular season has potentially left them untested and Western is hot right now.

blackshooky
All Conference

Post by blackshooky »

from the columbus dispatch...

• Nos. 1 and 2 seeds Walnut Ridge and Whitehall put themselves on course to meet in a Division II district final by staying in the same bracket. The potential winner would advance to a traditionally weaker Athens regional. The lower-bracket winner goes to Kettering Fairmont, which includes the likes of Dayton Dunbar, Cincinnati McNicholas and Kettering Alter.

• In Division III, the Nos. 2, 4, 5, 6 and 7 seeds opted for the Bowling Green regional, leaving just the Nos. 1 and 3 seeds to feed into a considerably softer Athens regional. The reason for picking the Bowling Green bracket, a handful of coaches said, is that they wanted to avoid Eastmoor (11-11), viewed by some as the most talented team in the district. Grandview (17-3) is the top seed.

• Although many anticipate another Africentric-Harvest Prep rematch in a Division IV regional final, the Nubians gaining the No. 1 seed is somewhat significant. In theory, the Warriors could potentially have the tougher regional semifinal matchup against once-beaten Peebles.

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

So much love for Oak Hill. Not sure I get that but I guess we will see.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Glad to see the Athens Regional is softer in D3. I know that the Central District has won the Region one of the past 12 seasons after all (how many times they have came to it, is not something I can remember off the top of my head)

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

D2
Unioto vs Warren

D3
Valley vs Zane Trace
Southeastern vs Portsmouth

D4
Peebles vs Eastern Pike
Trimble vs Paint Valley

Going out on a limb on these picks.

juanmorales
JV Team

Post by juanmorales »

Can't see Minford getting to the District final. They seem to always play like duds in tournament. Shoe would make a good college assistant. Great recruiter...not a good X's and O's guy.

juanmorales
JV Team

Post by juanmorales »

DII - Unioto vs Warren
DIII - Ironton vs Alexander
- Chesapeake vs Portsmouth
DIV - Peebles vs Clay
- Trimble vs Paint Valley

Badboy
Varsity

Post by Badboy »

JuanMorales wrote:Can't see Minford getting to the District final. They seem to always play like duds in tournament. Shoe would make a good college assistant. Great recruiter...not a good X's and O's guy.
Thats funny. Seems to me they havent lost a conference game so far.....one more to go.

Do you watch much basketball?

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

JuanMorales wrote:Can't see Minford getting to the District final. They seem to always play like duds in tournament. Shoe would make a good college assistant. Great recruiter...not a good X's and O's guy.
They almost beat Warren on their home court. Im sure that game will be a toss up. Anyone can win this district

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

RAIDER6309 wrote:
They almost beat Warren on their home court. Im sure that game will be a toss up. Anyone can win this district
That's why I went chalk. The 2/3 games at the Sectional Sites should both be dandies and I think the 1 vs 4/5 games will be too.

D2 should be a lot of outstanding games, even before you get to the Convo!

juanmorales
JV Team

Post by juanmorales »

yea the SOC is sooooooooooooo good this year........not. Minford wins solely bc of talent in conference. Wait til tourney time, then talk to me

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

JuanMorales wrote:yea the SOC is sooooooooooooo good this year........not. Minford wins solely bc of talent in conference. Wait til tourney time, then talk to me
There 3 close loses are to 19-2 Chesapeake, 17-2 Warren, and 2013 state champ and 2014 state runner up Bishop Watterson. All these loses were on the road. Safe to say they are just as good as everyone else. They won't beat walnut ridge but no in the region will beat them

juanmorales
JV Team

Post by juanmorales »

congrats...If you read carefully, the guy said that they were undefeated in conference. I dont care about Watterson, Peake, or Warren. That's not SOC. Im not saying Minford is bad. Their talent is far superior to anyone in the conference, yet I think they underachieve. There should be no team within 15-20 points of Minford in conference. Yet they are pulling out squeakers against a horrible Burg team and Oak Hill.

osu
Freshman Team

Post by osu »

Have u watched Oak Hill play. NOT SURE THEIR HORRIBLE !

juanmorales
JV Team

Post by juanmorales »

I said horrible burg team. Didn't say Oak Hill was horrible. But they are average at best

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Every team plays down to its opponents, why we have upsets

osu
Freshman Team

Post by osu »

RAIDER6309 wrote:Every team plays down to its opponents, why we have upsets
Very true.

juanmorales
JV Team

Post by juanmorales »

great teams don't

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

JuanMorales wrote:great teams don't
Akron St V is the third ranked team in the nation and Athens gave them everything they wanted. Every team plays down to its competition

Return to “Boys Basketball”