Last place GAHS at first place Warren Local

jottings
SEOPS H

Last place GAHS at first place Warren Local

Post by jottings »

It will be last place Gallipolis vs. first place Warren Local Friday night in a Southeastern Ohio Athletic League battle at Vincent.
Warren Local is scoring 71 ppg and giving up around 53. GAHS is scoring around 47 ppg and giving up 69.Warren beat GAHS at Gallipolis 68-40 in early December.

How bad will it be? Warren could play its second or third teamers and probably still win by 20 or more points the way GAHS has been playing lately.

GAHS is coming off a 52-49 loss at 5-10 Wellston while Warren is coming off a lop-sided 77-45 win over a powerful 12-0 Athens team.
Warren Local is 14-2 on the year. Gallipoli is 3-15 overall. Inside the SEOAL, Gallipolis is 0-5. Warren is 5-0 and a win Friday will all but clinch a piece of this year's SEOAL title.

In the SEOAL, Warren still has Portsmouth and Logan to play. Portsmouth, 12-4 and 3-1, still has Warren Local, Jackson and Logan to play in the SEOAL. If the Trojans win out, they'll be SEOAL co-champs with Warren.
Thoughts.

warrior90
Varsity

Re: Last place GAHS at first place Warren Local

Post by warrior90 »

Warren will have a little let down in the first half and it will still be within 15 points at halftime, but Warren pulls away in half two for a 30 point win in my opinion.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

warrior90 wrote:Warren will have a little let down in the first half and it will still be within 15 points at halftime, but Warren pulls away in half two for a 30 point win in my opinion.
Don't think Warren will have a let down. May not put the starting 5 out there at first. Sometime in the 2nd you might see the top five in there.

Warren won't need a run away game here, just a solid win and get some legs rested.

gotgame?
Riding the Bench

Post by gotgame? »

I went to the first game and Coach Maddox subbed quite freely. No comment on the score but maybe go to the old 4 corners offense. Just a thought.

ddp
Riding the Bench

Post by ddp »

frowwhat I read it wouldn't matter who plays warren AT Warren seems as if they have ALL of the advantages

jottings
SEOPS H

Post by jottings »

If the weatherman is right, this game may not
get played Friday.

Whs95fan
S

Post by Whs95fan »

baitbuster wrote:frowwhat I read it wouldn't matter who plays warren AT Warren seems as if they have ALL of the advantages
You are correct, if memory serves me correctly we've lost a total of 4 home games since 2010 with 2 loss coming last year, unblemished home records in the 2011-2012 season & 2012-2013 season and 2 losses in the 2010-2011 season.

jottings
SEOPS H

Post by jottings »

Any word about tonight? Thanks.

enigmaax
All State

Post by enigmaax »

Jottings wrote:Any word about tonight? Thanks.
Still on as of right now.

4thnpine
Freshman Team

Post by 4thnpine »

terrible year for the devils. lack of chemistry with this group. couple games i've seen the opponents just sitting back in the zone and daring us to beat them from the perimeter. got to spend some time in the offseason getting up shots on your own boys. would love to see us put together a few wins going into the tournament.

jottings
SEOPS H

Post by jottings »

Any updates on tonight's game? Thanks. Will need JV score for SEOAL standings.

enigmaax
All State

Post by enigmaax »

Last edited by enigmaax on Fri Jan 30, 2015 9:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.

jottings
SEOPS H

Post by jottings »

Thanks.

enigmaax
All State

Post by enigmaax »

Freshmen - Warren 53-38
JV - Warren 64-28
Varsity - Warren 78-37

GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

Wow! I know Warren is good, but is Gallia Academy that bad? Did Maddox empty the bench? Wow!

enigmaax
All State

Post by enigmaax »

GalliaGrad78 wrote:Wow! I know Warren is good, but is Gallia Academy that bad? Did Maddox empty the bench? Wow!
It seemed like the first three off the bench played most of the 2nd quarter (one regular starter sat the entire 1st half) while the starters mostly rotated in and out amongst themselves. Warren scored the first 18 points of the second half and by mid-way through the 3rd, led 57-18. That is about the time all of the starters sat the rest of the game. They played 14 kids.

Many people noted the Warren energy level during the Athens game and it was really just more of the same. I would guess Gallia had about 20 turnovers, probably got doubled up on the boards, and the shooting difference was probably something like 50%-30%. With all the 0- or 1-shot possessions, Gallia didn't get much of a chance to contest shots either.

jottings
SEOPS H

Post by jottings »

Gallia 78...With one Gallipolis freshman at Fairland, three players at South Gallia, one player at Huntington St.. joe, the Blue Devils ARE MINUS 5 PLAYERS WHO WOULD MAKE A DIFFERENCE3 IN THIS YEAR'S LINEUP. Still the Blue Devils have lost several close games in the 4th period without those kids. It hurts, but what are you gonna do when that happens?

Return to “Boys Basketball”