Coach Butcher at Federal Hocking

casebolt
Waterboy

Coach Butcher at Federal Hocking

Post by casebolt »

Just wanted to give a shout out to Coach Butcher and his staff at Federal Hocking, for this team to have 9 wins on the season so far is a huge surprise to some but Coach Butcher has these kids playing with a lot of EFFORT and HEART and they have bought into what he is selling.. Keep up the good work

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Re: Coach Butcher at Federal Hocking

Post by 93Bulldog »

Coach Butcher has done an awesome job.

I think I have them at 8 wins, 6 losses ... (6-3) in the TVC-Hocking?

Is that not correct?

g w mclintock
All State

Post by g w mclintock »

Rumor on the street is that Howie will provide free tomatoes for 1 year to Coach Butcher after last night's SG game. :lol:

Seriously though, he's a top notch coach and FH is lucky to have him. Their success says alot about this group of players as well. He coaches and they listen.

J0623
Waterboy

Post by J0623 »

Also, Joe is the best dressed coach in the TVC. Always was....always will be.

HoopsHotHead
Varsity

Post by HoopsHotHead »

Add me to this list....Joe is doing a great job preparing this team....teams should not fall into the trap of looking through or past this team......if you dont play hard and smart vs. FH.......you will probably lose.

casebolt
Waterboy

Post by casebolt »

93Bulldog wrote:Coach Butcher has done an awesome job.

I think I have them at 8 wins, 6 losses ... (6-3) in the TVC-Hocking?

Is that not correct?
I stand corrected 93Bulldog they are 8-6 not 9-5

ONE OF A KIND
Varsity

Post by ONE OF A KIND »

I just wish he would wear a hat like that guy who coached them a few years ago did. Then he would be by far the best dressed coach. I remember Athens coaches use to dress really well too, but since Meek has left the bench they have slowly declined in that department. ;-)

athens78
All State

Post by athens78 »

This teams record could be even better if Joe would have been there from the start. I know he didn't want to coach but stepped in when needed in a bad situation. I'd say they don't lose to Nelsonville and they play them again Saturday night. Also he only had them a day before losing to Southern by 4 at Southern which they since beat the second time around and only lost to SG by 4 or 5 and has since beat them at SG. Joe could end up second in this league which would be a great accomplishment.

256pride
Riding the Bench

Post by 256pride »

athens78 wrote:This teams record could be even better if Joe would have been there from the start. I know he didn't want to coach but stepped in when needed in a bad situation. I'd say they don't lose to Nelsonville and they play them again Saturday night. Also he only had them a day before losing to Southern by 4 at Southern which they since beat the second time around and only lost to SG by 4 or 5 and has since beat them at SG. Joe could end up second in this league which would be a great accomplishment.
south gallia beat ourselves we were up 2 with less than minute to go and in double bonus and took a dumb shot instead of holding the ball and forcing the foul.

G.W.A.
All Conference

Post by G.W.A. »

He for sure should get coach of the year. From talent standpoint to getting these kids to buy in to discipline and a great win over the Rebels.

athens78
All State

Post by athens78 »

He was up what 10 or 12 and they almost gave it away. Totally out played SG and out Coached.

Who9Dey
JV Team

Post by Who9Dey »

Coach butcher has walked into a difficult situation and has shined. He is a great coach. Enjoyed watching him take his girls to convo back in 09

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

Who9Dey wrote:Coach butcher has walked into a difficult situation and has shined. He is a great coach. Enjoyed watching him take his girls to convo back in 09
Agree 100% Who9dey! To agree to be put into this situation after being out of coaching for a couple of years and produce these results, well, I guess the only thing I have to say is this proves who the best coach is in the league. Anyone who wants to debate that, well, bring it. I'll be happy to get into that debate, in a heart beat.

Kudos to Joe, and more importantly, kudos to the kids for listening and buying into what Joe was preaching. These kids have already far exceeded expectations.

COY? I think that may be an easy choice this year.

Return to “Boys Basketball”