Warren (10-2)
VInton Co (9-3)
Marietta (7-6)
Logan Elm (6-6)
Sheridan (6-5)
NL. (5-6)
FU (3-8)
Meigs (3-8)

As usual Warren-Athens game will go a long way in determining the #1 seed. Although possibly playing LE won't be a picnic.
The SE Sectional is prolly deeper but Warren-Athens-Logan Elm sure ain't gonna lay down. Whoever comes out of that sectional better "pack a lunch"

GO BIG BAD BLUE

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Re: 2015 DII Logan Sectional

Post by 93Bulldog »

haha I already had a topic on this - but that's cool - we can start a new one.

I looked at the weather and they are predicting snow on the 27th ... lol

WarriorBlue
Varsity

Post by WarriorBlue »

As usual a lot riding on the regular season version of Warren - Athens. A lot of folks think that this game determines the #1 seed @ Logan but I think the winner only gets a momentary leg up! Still lots of games to play and I'm sure Coach Combs and the boys from Vinton Co will agree they've got something to say when it comes to handing out that coveted spot. I think ANYBODY looking past VInton Co, Logan Elm or Marietta is making a huge mistake. All 3 have excellent coaches. All 3 are young getting better as the season progresses.
No doubt Jim"s Gym will be loud and crazy!!

GO BIG BAD BLUE!

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

If Athens beats Warren, then loses to VC, SVSM, and Watterson...then they are still the 1 seed. If Warren beats Athens, then they would need another couple losses to fall off of the 1 line, IMO. Whoever wins that game is the 1 seed.

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

Nothing like Logan sectional politics talk to get the blood pressure up...fortunately it looks a little simpler this year. Winner of Athens/Warren gets the 1. 3-6 is a dogfight with VC, LE, Sheridan and Marietta in no particular order. I don't see anyone as having a guaranteed path to the Convo. The top teams are the best, but if they have an off night and they play a 3-6 who is on, anything is possible. Should be some interesting games in the Purple Palace.

Native Warrior
Freshman Team

Post by Native Warrior »

Warren 77
Athens 45

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Athens vs VC on February 3rd could be the 2nd place game. If both the dogs and the Vikes take care of business against the rest if their schedules, we could see both teams play each other 3 times this year. If Athens were to wind up losing to Asvsm, Propel, VC and lets say Alex or RV, to go along with the loss to warren tonight, LE could possibly jump them and push the bulldogs to 4 if LE wins their remaining games. This is going to get interesting. One thing is for certain though, the Warriors have their hands locked on that one seed barring a complete collapse over t,he next two weeks.
Last edited by Dundas on Tue Jan 27, 2015 10:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

I feel Warren just made a claim for that 1 seed.

WarriorBlue
Varsity

Post by WarriorBlue »

Warren may have laid early claim to the #1 seed but I'm not so sure that's a good thing. Logan Elm with their excellent coaching staff are molding the young Braves into a team nobody wants to play and Sheridan is somewhat an unknown commodity.
If Vinton and Athens win out, loser of their game gets #3 and sets up a possible 3rd game up at Jim's Gym. With Coach Duckworth "waiting in the weeds" with his Tigers very capable of canceling somebody's post season plans.
Like always it'll be a great tourney at a wonderful spot to watch a HS basketball game. The One and Done Season is close at hand.

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

Unless VC defeats Athens before the draw it should go 1. Warren, 2. Athens, 3 VC. barring any collapses.

Logan Elm is playing better, but interested to see how it does this weekend with Circleville and Teays Valley. Sheridan always has an athletic team and Marietta plays in a tough league and typically comes in with a misleading record. Those 3-6 games are going to be bears with two good sectional finals thereafter.

WarriorBlue
Varsity

Post by WarriorBlue »

•Updated Records•

2015 DII Logan Sectional

Warren (15-2)
Athens (13-2)
VInton Co (11-5)
Sheridan (11-6)
Logan Em ( 9-8)
Marietta (6-11)
NL. (6-10)
FU (6-10)
Meigs (5-10)

Philos_Finest
All Conference

Post by Philos_Finest »

Sheridan is on a roll right now. Started out slow with injuries and now their starting to play their best basketball.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Philos_Finest wrote:Sheridan is on a roll right now. Started out slow with injuries and now their starting to play their best basketball.
They look pretty good, beat pickerington north and Logan their last games

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

If I had to pick a top 5 right now it would be..

1.Warren
2.Athens
3.Sheridan
4.Logan Elm
5.Vinton Co

The Vikings had a great shot to possibly overtake Athens as the 2 or solidify their hold on 3rd but have lost their last three, albeit against some great teams. Nonetheless, they have slipped back to 5th imo. VC has 3 games left before the seeding is locked in and need to win each game in grand fashion to have any chance at 3rd.

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

Dundas wrote:If I had to pick a top 5 right now it would be..

1.Warren
2.Athens
3.Sheridan
4.Logan Elm
5.Vinton Co

The Vikings had a great shot to possibly overtake Athens as the 2 or solidify their hold on 3rd but have lost their last three, albeit against some great teams. Nonetheless, they have slipped back to 5th imo. VC has 3 games left before the seeding is locked in and need to win each game in grand fashion to have any chance at 3rd.
Good breakdown. Sheridan's playing good basketball right now and deserves the three. I could see VC seeded ahead of LE based on overall record, but the only so-called advantage in that is wearing the white uniforms for the sectional semifinal game. The 3-6 and 4-5 games should be interesting.

WarriorBlue
Varsity

Post by WarriorBlue »

This sectional will leave whoever wins as hardend and battle tested. With Unioto sporting that perfect record for EVERYBODY to shoot at will make the District very very competitive. Warren, Athens, Sheridan, Vinton Co and Logsn Elm all very capable of winning the whole thing.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Do you have updated records warrior blue?

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Early reports out of Jackson today is that the online voting (for the girls) has been a disaster. Will be interesting what happens on the boys side next week.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

93Bulldog wrote:Early reports out of Jackson today is that the online voting (for the girls) has been a disaster. Will be interesting what happens on the boys side next week.
That's too bad. I hope it is fair for the Boys...but also, nothing woukd surprise me.

WarriorBlue
Varsity

Post by WarriorBlue »

*Updated Records*

2015 DII Logan Sectional

Warren (15-2)
Athens (16-2)
Vinton Co (13-6)
Sheridan (13-5)
Logan Em (10-9)
Meigs (7-11)
NL (7-11)
FU (6-11)
Marietta (6-13)

I think with 12 wins and the respect for Coach Combs program slots Vinton County in at -#3 for me.
Last edited by WarriorBlue on Sun Feb 08, 2015 11:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “Boys Basketball”