GAHS to host Fairland Friday

jottings
SEOPS H

GAHS to host Fairland Friday

Post by jottings »

Gallia Academy High School's Blue Devils (2-8) will host the Fairland Dragons (5-1) in a non-league hardwood contest Friday in the GAHS gym at Centenary.
Here's Fairland's 2014-15 season record:
Fairland 67 Meigs 53
Fairland 88 Cabell-Midland 70
Fairland 60 Coal Grove 50
Fairland 54 Rock Hill 41
Fairland 48 Africentric 58
Fairland 71 Cleveland John Hay 69
Fairland ? Gallipolis ?
Totals 388 341
Dragons ppg--64.6 Opponents 56.8

Gallipolis ppg--49.9 Opponents 62.3.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Re: GAHS to host Fairland Friday

Post by pfloyd »

2014-2015 Varsity Boys Basketball Roster
Number Name
1 Chance Short
2 Gunner Short
3 Brandon Porter
4 Isaiah Howell
5 Hunter Ashton
11 Nathan Campbell
12 Ty Staten
13 Luke Thomas
14 Darius Stapleton
15 Collin Damron
23 Hayden James
32 Tyler Campbell
33 Kollin Van Horn

… Jottings , I'm a big Fairland hoops fan, I like what Coach Speed & his coaches do with their program - emphasizing play on the defensive end of the court … Dragons teams play tight, in your face, hard-nosed , pressure on the ball, make the opponent earn every point defense … they will beat you up physically (legally) = not letting players cross in front of them in the paint without being bumped/redirected, they move their feet - use their bodies to check you … I smile watching Coach Speed TEAMS play the game …

… I'm only familiar with Chance Short, Tyler Campbell and Nathan Campbell … Chance Short carries on the tradition of FHS perimeter people - can score the 3 ball, will beat you off the dribble and get into the paint … Nathan Campbell - I've watched Nathan Campbell from his Freshman year on - I love this kid's game … floor vision, quickness on both sides of the ball, defensively as quick feet and hands as you'll find … this young man will rebound among the bigs with the best of them … one of the best PGs you will find on a high school team … Tyler Campbell - not tall , but a wide body in the paint … has excellent foot work for young man his size , will surprise you in the paint …

5-1 coming into this weeks action … Fairlands only loss is to a good Africentric team, best "W" on their resume is the win over Cleveland John Hay HS - that one caught my attention as John Hay is a team who plays all over Ohio & beyond … usually has size/speed/ athleticism and big numbers of players …

I'm going to be at the Warren vs Minford game Friday night otherwise I would make the trek to see this one Gallia Academy entertaining Coach Speed & the Fairland Dragons … Best of luck to both teams !!!

Last edited by pfloyd on Thu Jan 01, 2015 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jottings
SEOPS H

Post by jottings »

Thanks, pfloyd.
Gallipolis season record:
Gallia 47 Ports 72
Gallia 73 Pt. Pleasant 82
Gallia 40 Warren Local 68
Gallia 45 South Gallia 34
Gallia 40 Ironton 54
Gallia 50 Logan 56
Gallia 57 Marietta 74
Gallia 45 Chesapeake 56
Gallia 53 Meigs 55
Gallia 49 Rock Hill 46
Totals 499 Opp 623
GAHS--won 2, lost 8

dragons13
Waterboy

Post by dragons13 »

Pfloyd you need to watch the freshman play for this team. They start 2 but the first 3 off the bench are freshman as well. Fairland has an unreal group of athletes in their freshman class.

Spartan
All Conference

Post by Spartan »

All fairland

jottings
SEOPS H

Post by jottings »

Does Gallipolis have a

jottings
SEOPS H

Post by jottings »

Does Gallipolis have a transfer freshman down there this year?

BelpreFan0405
Waterboy

Post by BelpreFan0405 »

Fairland got a big win but very ugly. The seniors carried them to a 9 point win. Chance short lead the team with 26 points

gobigblue12
Freshman Team

Post by gobigblue12 »

ugly is bein generous. Gallia just can't seem to put it together and just seems too indecisive, not much of a plan of attack

jottings
SEOPS H

Post by jottings »

See where Isiah Howell, a freshman from Gallipolis, scored five points in the Dragons victory. He grew quite a bit over the summer.

Return to “Boys Basketball”