Best Players In The TVC Hocking

coachmc
Waterboy

Best Players In The TVC Hocking

Post by coachmc »

What are some of the names of the players to watch this year in the TVC Hocking? I seen Micah Couch from Trimble and Elijah Rader from Miller last year. Both are great players. Whats everyones thoughts?

Purple Gold
Freshman Team

Re: Best Players In The TVC Hocking

Post by Purple Gold »

Tristan Wolfe from Southern.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

The Hocking should be an improved conference with lots of young talent roaming the courts last season. Couch, obviously is one of the premiere big men. Keep an eye on Jonathan Snyder though from Fed Hock, a 6'6 big man who is a raw talent - but made strides after a year under Howie Caldwell last season. Wolfe from Southern, Greer over in South Gallia, Bedgood and Miller in Belpre is one heck of a combo - and don't forget about Justice Jenkins in Glouster. Jenkins and Couch will be a lethal 'high-low' combo in Caldwell's offense. A.J. Cobb in Stewart is a nice PG ... there are lots of good players in the Hocking, but mind is stuck on football at the moment.

sportslifelove
Freshman Team

Post by sportslifelove »

Rader left Miller I heard. Couch will have a shot at POY since Trimble will finish in the top 3 as far as the league goes. Wolfe won it last year but Southern may be down this year and that won't help his cause, Greer will likely win POY IMHO as South Gallia will finish top 3 in the league.

Eaglepapaw
S

Post by Eaglepapaw »

93Bulldog wrote:The Hocking should be an improved conference with lots of young talent roaming the courts last season. Couch, obviously is one of the premiere big men. Keep an eye on Jonathan Snyder though from Fed Hock, a 6'6 big man who is a raw talent - but made strides after a year under Howie Caldwell last season. Wolfe from Southern, Greer over in South Gallia, Bedgood and Miller in Belpre is one heck of a combo - and don't forget about Justice Jenkins in Glouster. Jenkins and Couch will be a lethal 'high-low' combo in Caldwell's offense. A.J. Cobb in Stewart is a nice PG ... there are lots of good players in the Hocking, but mind is stuck on football at the moment.
Belpre also has Sophomore Logan Plummer a deadly 3 point shooter who played a lot as a Freshman and should be among the top scorers in the Hocking

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Sorry ... forgot about the 'Red Riffle'

;)

teach123
Freshman Team

Post by teach123 »

Has Federal Hocking hired a boys coach yet?

coachmc
Waterboy

Post by coachmc »

Rader will be a senior this year. Where did he end up going to? Miller will hurt without him.

Eaglepapaw
S

Post by Eaglepapaw »

93Bulldog wrote:Sorry ... forgot about the 'Red Riffle'

;)
Think you may be thinking of Hayden Plummer but he has graduated. Logan is his younger brother who was one of Belpre's leading scorers last year as a Freshman.Had 1 game where he knocked down 9 or 10 3's.He will definetly be a player to watch the next 3 years.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Good deal ... does he have red hair too? Can we still use the nickname?

lol

Eaglepapaw
S

Post by Eaglepapaw »

93Bulldog wrote:Good deal ... does he have red hair too? Can we still use the nickname?

lol
No,he has brown hair but Rifleman would probably work for him lol

athens78
All State

Post by athens78 »

No Federal Hocking stills has no coach for the boys team. However I've heard rumor that Mark Tate may very well get the job from an insider.

Super trooper
All State

Post by Super trooper »

Facemeyer from Eastern, Sheets from Wahama

91blue14
SE

Post by 91blue14 »

Hutchinson was all state from south Gallia right?

bumblebeetuna
Riding the Bench

Post by bumblebeetuna »

Sheets is the best player in the tvc followed by wolf from southern .jmo

bumblebeetuna
Riding the Bench

Post by bumblebeetuna »

I here the boy eastern wouldn't start anywhere but eastern

Refused
Waterboy

Post by Refused »

Facemyer from Eastern is overrated, he's not that good. Another one is Synder from Fed Hock, he's taller than mostly everyone, but against guys his size this year he has struggled. People no one talks about is Hunter Rose from Wahama, he's a great player and can really score this year I have watched him a few times, he's got a great shot and nice moves.

Futurebkstar
All State

Post by Futurebkstar »

Brayden Greer is hands down the best player in the Hocking. His teammate Hutchinson is a pretty good 1-2 punch. I think the playmaking ability of Greer creates open opportunities for Hutchinson and his teammates. I think he felt pressure during the RV and GA game that he tried too much offensively that hurt his team a little. He felt he had to do it all and which at times he does. He is a great team player which averages nearly 10 assists a game. He is just involved in about every play that is why he seems like he shoots a lot. He has the ball in his hand about 75% of the teams time. He can get a good look at any time in a game. I think he will thrive in his playmaking abilities in college with a shot clock. Even though he has gotten better in shooting from the perimeter, I think he is average at that but has the work ethic to become a better shooter. I think him playing div 4 has allowed him to get to the rim more then having to settle for jumpers against some subpar competition which has hurt his shooting consistency. Overall, he is the best in the Hocking.

Wolfe is number two in my mind. He is such a strong competitor that his desire to play makes it hard not to like him. He has limitations in handling the ball with his right hand. I have seen growth in that department but his strength helps him. Good coaching has helped him reach 1000 along with solid defense.

Couch is my third. I could only imagine what his stats would be if Howie had him his entire career. Howie had some greats back in the day at Eastern and thrive in long tourney runs.

Super trooper
All State

Post by Super trooper »

For me it goes Wolfe number one and couch number two. Wolfe is virtually unguardable and couch has the size every coach wants. Greer would probably be 3rd.

Refused
Waterboy

Post by Refused »

Wolfe is not unguardable. All you have to do against him is make him go right, and back off of him a little when he's on the three point line. Because he's not really consistent with his three point shot. Brayden Greer has been struggling and so has South Gallia, it's becuse they have enough film on Greer, all they have to do is play a box and one on him, and there done.

Return to “Boys Basketball”