St Joe to the Convo

Thunderbutt
Waterboy

St Joe to the Convo

Post by Thunderbutt »

Good Luck to the St Joe Flyers Monday Night at the CONVO!!!!!!!

I have to say it is a joy to see them make it there and to know Lafon is not!!!!!!!

osumufan
SE

Re: St Joe to the Convo

Post by osumufan »

GOOD LUCK FLYERS!

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

GOOD LUCK TO THE SAINT JOE FLYERS, THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH MARK LAFON

jinks
Freshman Team

Post by jinks »

I am constantly amazed at the number of people outside of Ironton who do not realize how small St. Joseph is. We have about 40 boys grades 9-12. (Kids do not transfer to ISJ to play sports.) To make it to Athens is a big accomplishment! I know many at Ironton High that support their freinds, neighbors, and relatives at St. Joseph; just like we support Ironton in their endeavors. Congrats St. Joe, all of Ironton is proud.

BlindWhiteHat
SEOP

Post by BlindWhiteHat »

Thunderbutt wrote:Good Luck to the St Joe Flyers Monday Night at the CONVO!!!!!!!

I have to say it is a joy to see them make it there and to know Lafon is not!!!!!!!
I hate to see posts like this. I am thrilled for the kids at SJ that they are going to play at the Convo but don't like seeing people pit SJ/Ironton against each other. I know I have gone to my share of Ironton games at OU and OSU over the years and know that lots of SJ people do the same. I also know that some Ironton fans go to SJ games and support the purple and gold.

It's truly a shame that some people that live in Ironton have such hard feelings for either IHS or SJ. It would be nice if everyone could support all the kids in Ironton no matter if they wear the orange and black or the purple and gold.

Either way, good luck to SJ at the Convo.

so.stormmom
Freshman Team

Post by so.stormmom »

Thunderbutt wrote:Good Luck to the St Joe Flyers Monday Night at the CONVO!!!!!!!

:lol: :lol:

good luck to , St. Joe lot of classy fans from the small town school for sure ,and ALWAYS supporting their kids no matter what!!

Thunderbutt
Waterboy

Post by Thunderbutt »

I am not St Joe people I am not from Ironton.

My post has nothing to do with Ironton nor St Joe kids it is against Lafon!

He did make the statement I was there at the game setting behind the bench and heard Lafon tell the St Joe coach that.....now is that what you call "classy" He is Ironton's problems. Ironton has several good basketball players that won't play because he is the coach. He has ruined Ironton basketball.

The Flying Dutchman
Varsity

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

Lets not spoil this for the ISJ players and cheerleaders. This is not the place for a vendetta against Lafon regardless if it's true or not. GO FLYERS!!!

79Tiger
All Conference

Post by 79Tiger »

Regardless of whether Lafon said something or not, what does that have with St. Joe winning the Sectional and advancing to the District at OU? You are focusing on the negative whether it is true or not.

Malcontent
Freshman Team

Post by Malcontent »

St Joe is going to have their hands full with a very good Leesburg Fairfield Lions team. Now is their time to shine and I for one wish them the best of luck at the Convo. Go Flyers!

WIFAN-22
Varsity

Post by WIFAN-22 »

Slow down #30 box out and keep fouls to a minimum. Western had the game plan to beat them. Just didnt box out well enough. 30 is their best player but he gets frustrated with a tight defense. The 6'5 kid is solid at the free throw line. Slow down the pace and keep the passing crisp and the zone becomes porous. Front the 44 kid don't let him catch it hes a load. If ISJ can control the pace they can win. Good luck to ISJ. U have a new fan here. Love seeing the small schools make it this far. Dont rest on your accomplishments though FF didnt seem to get rattled but they want u to come down and fire away.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

BlindWhiteHat wrote:

I hate to see posts like this. I am thrilled for the kids at SJ that they are going to play at the Convo but don't like seeing people pit SJ/Ironton against each other. I know I have gone to my share of Ironton games at OU and OSU over the years and know that lots of SJ people do the same. I also know that some Ironton fans go to SJ games and support the purple and gold.

It's truly a shame that some people that live in Ironton have such hard feelings for either IHS or SJ. It would be nice if everyone could support all the kids in Ironton no matter if they wear the orange and black or the purple and gold.

Either way, good luck to SJ at the Convo.
you are so right, I always went to ironton football games on Fridays and saint joe games on Saturdays when I was younger. our classes are so tight that we actually do our high school reunions together every time. and as one poster said, all of ironton is proud.

Malcontent
Freshman Team

Post by Malcontent »

IndianFan4life wrote:Slow down #30 box out and keep fouls to a minimum. Western had the game plan to beat them. Just didnt box out well enough. 30 is their best player but he gets frustrated with a tight defense. The 6'5 kid is solid at the free throw line. Slow down the pace and keep the passing crisp and the zone becomes porous. Front the 44 kid don't let him catch it hes a load. If ISJ can control the pace they can win. Good luck to ISJ. U have a new fan here. Love seeing the small schools make it this far. Dont rest on your accomplishments though FF didnt seem to get rattled but they want u to come down and fire away.
The announcer at the Ironton Classic said that St Joe was the smallest basketball playing school in the State. True or not they sure did give the much larger Fairland team all they wanted in a victory over them. It is nice to see small schools make it this far. Good luck Flyers!

Leo Byrd
SEO

Post by Leo Byrd »

Good luck to the Purple and Gold........last time I saw the Flyers in post-season play they had fellas like Rolph, Lavender, Gleichauf, Dunworth and Donnie Miller playing and that was many moons ago......

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

PURPLE POWER

The Flying Dutchman
Varsity

Leo, Was the Fab Five 1954 0r 1955?

Leo Byrd
SEO

Post by Leo Byrd »

The Flying Dutchman wrote:Leo, Was the Fab Five 1954 0r 1955?
Dutch, way before 54, seems like around 50 or 51,,,,,,,your assignment for this week is talk to an old Flyer like Meat Compliment or Fred Neville......you know one of them senior citizens.......

Leo Byrd
SEO

Post by Leo Byrd »

The Flying Dutchman wrote:Leo, Was the Fab Five 1954 0r 1955?
Dutch, way before 54, seems like around 50 or 51,,,,,,,your assignment for this week is talk to an old Flyer like Meat Compliment or Fred Neville......you know one of them senior citizens.......

or one of the younger senior citizen Flyer like RiverRatRay.......... :roll: :roll: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

The Flying Dutchman
Varsity

Leo, My math was alittle off. I think now it might have been 1952. those guys were 6-8 years younger than Dad.

RiverRatRay
SEOPS HOF

Post by RiverRatRay »

Guys would have been when I was in grade school and I was a 57 grad. I remember slipping out of Sister Vivian's piano lessons and going to the gym to watch them practice. I was always on the top of her bad list for going to the gym. LOL. Dutch her music room was where the Earth Science Room is now. Stop taking those lessons in the 8th grade so it would have been before 54. You might be right about 52.

While I'm here I would like to wish the Purple and Gold the very best. Let's keep this train a rollin!. You guys have made these Flyer fans very proud of what you have accomplished. Keep up the good work and if its at all possible we'll be there to pull this little engine that could up that big incline.

Return to “Boys Basketball”