Peebles vs. Trimble District Semi

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Peebles vs. Trimble District Semi

Post by TribeManiac10 »

What are everyone's thoughts on this game? I know little to nothing about Trimble other than what can be found on the trivalleyconference website and the hardwood heroes series on youtube. Peebles, now 20-3, is coming off a solid performance in the sectional final against a struggling North Adams squad.

Super trooper
All State

Re: Peebles vs. Trimble District Semi

Post by Super trooper »

Trimble is very quick and athletic. Standley is a tremendous athlete and very quick. Koons can shoot the light out of it. Jenkins like to get the ball in the paint and hits the boards hard. They have some size inside. Trimble had some losses but I credit that to the extended football season. This should be a pretty good matchup

athens78
All State

Post by athens78 »

I heard the boys from Glouster will be working this game so Tomcats to the final. All joking aside we were talking last night and Trimble good be dangerous, they are athletic and good be the Crooksville of last year in the Convo.

Myra Fleener
Riding the Bench

Post by Myra Fleener »

This team lost to Miller and Wellston. Peebles by double digits without a doubt. There are no Beau Justice's in the TVC small school division!!

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

Peebles is definitely the favorite but this is a dangerous matchup.

I watched the first half of the Waterford/Trimble game last night and even though Waterford was leading, I was impressed with Trimble's size and athleticism! What does Peebles have down low?

This could be a pretty close game if Trimble is disciplined.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

athens78 wrote:I heard the boys from Glouster will be working this game so Tomcats to the final. All joking aside we were talking last night and Trimble good be dangerous, they are athletic and good be the Crooksville of last year in the Convo.
There is a lot of similarities between last years Crooksville team and Trimble this year. The combination of Jago & Swingle reminds me a lot of what Jenkins and Couch can do, especially with the pick-n-roll. I think the bigger 94-foot floor benefited a team like Crooksville - and it can do the same for the Tomcats. You could also draw comparison of Lake Channel to Jacob Koons.

There is a bit of difference between opponents, however. The challenge of beating Peebles may be a taller order than Crooksville knocking off Minford last year - but still very doable.

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

bbjunky81 wrote:Peebles is definitely the favorite but this is a dangerous matchup.

I watched the first half of the Waterford/Trimble game last night and even though Waterford was leading, I was impressed with Trimble's size and athleticism! What does Peebles have down low?

This could be a pretty close game if Trimble is disciplined.
Peebles is a predominantly guard oriented team. We have some pieces in the post but they are all young and still need a year or two to develop.

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

Don't know much about Trimble, but with their football team going all the way to State Championship, I would believe they are a lot better team now than they were in December/early January. I'd expect them to be athletic and physical...combination like that could cause trouble for a non-football school like Peebles. With that being said, Peebles still has the best player on the floor in Beau Justice and should get the win here/*

Rebelcat
All Conference

Post by Rebelcat »

TribeManiac10 wrote:What are everyone's thoughts on this game? I know little to nothing about Trimble other than what can be found on the trivalleyconference website and the hardwood heroes series on youtube. Peebles, now 20-3, is coming off a solid performance in the sectional final against a struggling North Adams squad.
Here is what you need to know about Trimble. Trimble kids are tough as nails on the football field and on the court! They won’t finesse you to death but they are gritty and will battle for every rebound and loose ball. A team that plays with that much physicality and effort is always dangerous.

Hopefully SG fans get there early enough to root for our conference mates! Good Luck Tomcats!!!!! Go TVC!
Last edited by Rebelcat on Thu Feb 27, 2014 5:38 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Golfer101
JV Team

Post by Golfer101 »

Trimble has a very good post player. If Trimble comes to play they will give Peebles all they want. Trimble has a player that will make it hard for Justice to get his shots. The big IF is if Trimble comes to play or if they show up and go through the motions. If Trimble don't come ready to play this game will be a blow out. If Trimble comes ready to play this will be a good game. Anyone that has watched Trimble this season knows what I am talking about.

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

How long has it been since Trimble has played at the convo? Do any of their players have experience on that floor? Beau Justice is the only Peebles player to have played there(played on the 11-12 team that beat Zane Trace in the semi and lost to Chesapeake in the district final). That could be a factor as well. That large of a stage tends to unnerve players that haven't had the opportunity to play on it.

Lungbuster
JV Team

Post by Lungbuster »

Dont look for Trimble to be rattled by the stage. Almost every player on the team played on the football team. If anything these kids thrive on the big stage. Trimble has a ton of talent and it has shown at times, should be a great game IF the cats come to play like they're capable

Billybob55
JV Team

Post by Billybob55 »

Peebles by 10+ Trimble has speed and size to keep them in the game and if they are hitting threes they will stay in it but I feel as if beau justice will create all kinds of trouble for the tomcats.

airforcejm
Varsity

Post by airforcejm »

Peebles by 16

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Peebles by 16

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

TTT

Jayhawks
Freshman Team

Post by Jayhawks »

I think Trimble has several good athletes! If Peebles can contain the big boy inside, they will be fine. Justice is a flat out player, I don't think Trimble has anyone who can shut him down! Peebles by 12

Jay Bruce
Freshman Team

Post by Jay Bruce »

It may be close for the first half and I'm saying Peebles up 8-10 points at the half. Second half will be all Peebles and they pull away and win by 20.

Indian man
Riding the Bench

Post by Indian man »

Its game day, I'm picking Peebles by 13... GO INDIANS

Out of Bounds
Varsity

Post by Out of Bounds »

I guess I am going against the grain on this one. I saw Peebles twice. Very good team offensively, but tend to be a little reckless with the ball at times. They are quick and hustle all over the floor. The one thing that will give them fits, is the physicality of Tremble if they are as physical as they say. I'm going with Tremble by 3.

Return to “Boys Basketball”