Waterboy

Oak Hill (1) vs. Fairland (8) Friday 2/21

Post by BelpreFan0405 »

Thoughts?

Regulator
All Conference

Re: Oak Hill (1) vs. Fairland (8) Friday 2/21

Post by Regulator »

Oak Hill will win and I will tell you why! They are more disciplined!! They will work for open shots and easy layups. If Fairland doesn't hit shots then they are done.
Fairland could use the same game plan at Chesapeake used on the Lady Oaks. Take away there best player for the whole game and you will have a shot.

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

Regulator wrote:Oak Hill will win and I will tell you why! They are more disciplined!! They will work for open shots and easy layups. If Fairland doesn't hit shots then they are done.
Fairland could use the same game plan at Chesapeake used on the Lady Oaks. Take away there best player for the whole game and you will have a shot.
Are they going to lock Norm on the bus? :mrgreen: The Oaks really don't have a star, but Haislop is a very dangerous shooter and will take it to the basket a lot and shoot a lot of free throws. Oak Hill is disciplined and they play strong defense and rebound well. Good luck to the Oaks and represent the SOC well!

BelpreFan0405
Waterboy

Post by BelpreFan0405 »

Fairland has to play very well to beat oak hill and I haven't seen them play well very much.

beaverlover
SE

Post by beaverlover »

I think this game will come down to the wire with the Oaks squeeking by in the end 54-50

osumufan
SE

Post by osumufan »

The way Fairland has played of late ( losses to Rock Hill and Coal Grove) I see the Oaks winning big.

BelpreFan0405
Waterboy

Post by BelpreFan0405 »

Game is tonight at Jackson tip off at 6

rachel1219
Waterboy

Post by rachel1219 »

Fairland has been too inconsistent on the year and are now facing arguably a team with the best coach in the area in Norm Persin. Oak Hill could win this one going away.

Regulator
All Conference

Post by Regulator »

Oak Hill is not that good ! Everyone is intimidated by there coach!! :o

You take there best player out of game and you will have a shot, plus you will need to make shots!

Sounds like a gameplan for all teams. :lol:

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

I agree that Oak Hill isn't as talented as they have been in recent years. They are well coached and do all of the little things right most of the time. If Fairland has the rebound and turnover advantages, they can be in this game, otherwise the Oaks move on to the Convo again.

knightruner
JV Team

Post by knightruner »

Did somebody forget to tell Fairland they couldn't beat a SOC team...another number one one and done...

dragons13
Waterboy

Post by dragons13 »

Hhhmmmmm got quiet....guess a lot of posters are eating crow

Hitops2.0
Varsity

Post by Hitops2.0 »

Regulator wrote:Oak Hill will win and I will tell you why! They are more disciplined!! They will work for open shots and easy layups. If Fairland doesn't hit shots then they are done.

I hear crickets ........

sballchck
Freshman Team

Post by sballchck »

Congrats, Dragons on a big win!

Regulator
All Conference

Post by Regulator »

I'm not an oak hill fan, just voicing my opinion. Did fairland hit shots? Did oak hill miss shots? If so that is a recipe for winning any game. Guess norm was not a factor in this game!

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Regulator wrote:I'm not an oak hill fan, just voicing my opinion. Did fairland hit shots? Did oak hill miss shots? If so that is a recipe for winning any game. Guess norm was not a factor in this game!
Fairland has been a formidable tournament team for several years now. Looks like they had it the whole game.

Turd
Waterboy

Post by Turd »

Bottom line is boys, Fisher was on another level again tonight. He seems always ready for the oaks.. I couldn't make it but from what I hear he had to be on fire.. I was talking to some southern ohio basketball friends, and they were like "oh norm this norm that"... I had to sit down and giggle, they asked me what so funny? I looked them dead in the eye and said two words, "chad fisher".. Wow what a player, wish I could have been there, fish on fish!!!

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

turd wrote:Bottom line is boys, Fisher was on another level again tonight. He seems always ready for the oaks.. I couldn't make it but from what I hear he had to be on fire.. I was talking to some southern ohio basketball friends, and they were like "oh norm this norm that"... I had to sit down and giggle, they asked me what so funny? I looked them dead in the eye and said two words, "chad fisher".. Wow what a player, wish I could have been there, fish on fish!!!
I know you are just being a pain in the rear, but just so everyone knows, Fisher graduated 3-4 years ago.

Tri-StateYouthSports
SEOP

Post by Tri-StateYouthSports »

turd wrote:...said two words, "chad fisher".. Wow what a player, wish I could have been there, fish on fish!!!
Do you mean Evan Maddox? As previously mentioned, Chad Fisher graduated several years ago.

PantherPride
Varsity

Post by PantherPride »

Tri-StateYouthSports wrote:
turd wrote:...said two words, "chad fisher".. Wow what a player, wish I could have been there, fish on fish!!!
Do you mean Evan Maddox? As previously mentioned, Chad Fisher graduated several years ago.
Just ignore him. As you can see by his screen name he seems to think he's funny. This isn't the first time this season that he has mentioned fisher. He just does it to amuse himself I guess.

Return to “Boys Basketball”