Seeing MANY disappointed coaches with seeding order..

old-timer
Freshman Team

Seeing MANY disappointed coaches with seeding order..

Post by old-timer »

HOW CAN THIS BE CHANGED... I have been a head coach at the Varsity level in BASEBALL, SOFTBALL, AND BASKETBALL.. AND have experienced the same frustration..
Here is what I would suggest and like to see Southeast District Board go back to:

Until the Southeast District Board realizes , "WHEN COACHES VOTE ON THE SEEDING AND THE BRACKET IS PREDETERMINED--You won't get a FAIR seeding and bracket BECAUSE coaches know where they can seed teams to play who they would like. It has been this way ever since they went to the NCAA style. "HELLO! They have a COMMITTEE that VOTES SEEDING, NOT the COACHES that are in the tournament." GO back to when they voted on #1 & #2 seeds, then all other seed are voted and THEY CAN PICK WHERE THEY GO ON THE BOARD, BASED ON WHAT SEED THEY WERE PICKED, ---- Many coaches would vote more fair, because if you picked a better team a lower seed, THEY may choose to come play you right off the bat... Go back to that format and see how it balances back out... THIS HAPPENS BIGTIME IN BASEBALL & SOFTBALL, but not as often when the format was different...

Any other thoughts?

bman
SEO

Re: Seeing MANY disappointed coaches with seeding order..

Post by bman »

If you aren't happy with the seeding, put pressure on the district board to go to an open draw.

halfacent
Freshman Team

Post by halfacent »

I agree 100%.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

bman wrote:If you aren't happy with the seeding, put pressure on the district board to go to an open draw.
All coaches were on board last year and we've seen no changes or even a hint of a change.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

After listening to the Vinton County Roundball Podcast, it sounded like even a coach who sits on the committee has put some pressure on the district board - yet no changes have been made.

Hard to imagine just regular folks, fans could or would have an impact.

Just my 2 cents.

Return to “Boys Basketball”