JV Team

Waterford at Southern

Post by Billybob55 »

Thoughts???

Fan-o-Southern
Varsity

Re: Waterford at Southern

Post by Fan-o-Southern »

What I've seen lately, hate to say it, but I bet Waterford takes this one.

celticpride
Freshman Team

Post by celticpride »

I think Southern can pull this out in a hard fought game to get to 5-2 on the season and stay on pace in the TVC Hocking.

gahs_qb#72
Waterboy

Post by gahs_qb#72 »

Southern digs down and wins at home

Billybob55
JV Team

Post by Billybob55 »

The game will be played tomorrow. Freshman game starts at 5

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Updates anyone?

John Wooden
JV Team

Post by John Wooden »

EasternDspy wrote:Updates anyone?

Tornadoes 13 Wildcats 4 after 1.
Go to 92.1 web site click on web address and listen live to listen on your computer

65RedDevil
Freshman Team

Post by 65RedDevil »

Southern Tornadoes 62, Waterford Wildcats 51 final

Fan-o-Southern
Varsity

Post by Fan-o-Southern »

65RedDevil wrote:Southern Tornadoes 62, Waterford Wildcats 51 final
Yay!!

joe_tornadoe
Freshman Team

Post by joe_tornadoe »

Southern played a decent game tonight. Teaford has improved leaps and bounds this past year, Drummer stepped up to play well, and McNickle hit some crucial shots.

After hearing so much about them, I was disappointed with the Wildcats tonight. Waterford was under-sized and out-coached. #10, #14 and #40 looked to be players, and I thought #22 deserved a bit more playing time. They have the tools. A few players (won't mention any names out of respect, they're out there working hard and trying) probably didn't as much PT; they looked sloppy. The Waterford coach looks to his bench too much, I thought; not many players there, that get time in the game regardless. #10 is good with the drive and dish, I don't understand why the play him at the top of the key, taking away his game. I'd keep him on the wing for quick swing passes and beter opportunities to drive and dish. Use number #40 on the backside of the zone for the kick and jumper. Overall, I felt the gameplan was poor for the defense that they should have expected coming in; 5 guys outside the zone is not going to get it done. The 2-3 beat Waterford tonight. Should be an interesting game at their place.

Hopefully, Southern keeps up the pace they were at tonight. In a weak league, they have a chance to capture the school's first conference championship in 20 years. Best of luck to the Tornadoes!

celticpride
Freshman Team

Post by celticpride »

What is your basis for saying the league is weak? Have you been out scouting all the teams in the league? Remember its the small school division, most of these schools have less than 100 boys in their high school. Are they supposed to be awesome? Glad to read that you know everything about Waterford after watching them play once. Give credit to Southern for playing well for the most part, and knocking off the only unbeaten team in the league. Waterford will be tough to beat at their place, just ask Fort Frye. They are not a bad team and their coach does a good job. Can't judge them on one game.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Hocking isn't "bad" per say ... but VERY YOUNG and inexperienced compared to years past.

Only a few teams actually have seniors making an impact. Plus there seems to be a lot of 'balance' in the league - 4 teams are tied for 1st with 1 league loss. In years past we've had 1 or 2 really dominate teams that would head to the Convo with 19-1, 18-2 or 17-3 records. Not sure you will see that this season - which kind of reflects how good the league is that year. It shouldn't - but it does.

joe_tornadoe
Freshman Team

Post by joe_tornadoe »

93Bulldog wrote:Hocking isn't "bad" per say ... but VERY YOUNG and inexperienced compared to years past.

Only a few teams actually have seniors making an impact. Plus there seems to be a lot of 'balance' in the league - 4 teams are tied for 1st with 1 league loss. In years past we've had 1 or 2 really dominate teams that would head to the Convo with 19-1, 18-2 or 17-3 records. Not sure you will see that this season - which kind of reflects how good the league is that year. It shouldn't - but it does.
I'll agree, young and inexerienced is probably a better term. Not necessarily bad. However, as a graduate of Southern, I've seen the league for 6-7 years in a row now and I'd say it's definitely weaker than in years before. Although, the TVC has never been the strongest conference to begin with, not in recent history at least. In any case, I still enjoy watching the basketball.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

I think Waterford used so much emotion and energy in the game vs Fort Frye that this was a let down. Waterford is a different team at home.

Billybob55
JV Team

Post by Billybob55 »

Waterford just had a very bad game from what I've heard. When tanner Wyatt and Eli combine for 6 total points it's an off night. I look for Waterford to rebound Friday in another big game in the TVC

celticpride
Freshman Team

Post by celticpride »

I heard it was win 199 for Coach Caldwell.

Return to “Boys Basketball”