Beasts of the Southeast - Chesapeake HS Jan 11th

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Beasts of the Southeast - Chesapeake HS Jan 11th

Post by pfloyd »

One of the BEST showcases for Boys High School Basketball takes place again this season on Saturday Jan 11th at Chesapeake High School - the Beasts of the Southeast ...

Menu of Games

12 pm Russell KY vs Washington Court House
2 pm Coal Grove vs Eastern Brown
4 pm Warren Local vs Fairland
6 pm Athens vs Lucasville Valley
8 pm Chesapeake vs West Muskingum

Last edited by pfloyd on Fri Jan 03, 2014 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Re: Beasts of the Southeast - Chesapeake HS Jan 11th

Post by EasternDspy »

Now that sounds like a good event.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

West Muskingum is the worst team in D3 eastern district so the finally will be a snore fest.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... AND the folks running the SHOW in Chesapeake do an awesome job of treating every team like it's a home game for them ... if you are a high school hoops fan this is the "half way" point gathering of teams you want to be in attendance for - the 'Peake folks treat you right ... proceeds for the day of hoops go to providing scholarships to senior basketball players who further their education at the next level, while moneys go back into improving the basketball facilities at Chesapeake as well as I believe a total of 13 extracurricular programs at Chesapeake which provides needed services for the students/community of Chesapeake ... very worthwhile day of hoops ... I'm going to be there this year ! - my next CT scan isn't until the following week , Jan 16th, so they can't have me on any treatments to keep Mrs Pfloyd and myself away this year !!! - I'm loving it !!!

Last edited by pfloyd on Fri Jan 03, 2014 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

I may need a color commentary guy for that Athens/Lucasville Valley game ... I think you should join me, Floyd!!!

Come on .. just put the head set on and chime in from time to time with some expert analysis.

:)

ThePeakeInsider
JV Team

Post by ThePeakeInsider »

ttt

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

ttt

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... the kind folks at Chesapeake HS have ordered up some 50 degree temps for Saturday Jan 11th!!! awesome power right there :mrgreen:

Last edited by pfloyd on Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... I'm getting my cargo shorts, suntan lotion packed and ready for Saturday Jan 11th ... heck might have pack the golf clubs and hit a few at the driving range across from the high school !!!! - yeh! that's the ticket !!! ...

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Don't forget your BEASTS OF THE SOUTHEAST T-shirt I so graciously gave you last year ... the one I SHOULD have kept ... lol ... nothing like being handed a shirt by coach Davis, then told to give it to Pfloyd ... where is 93Dog's T-shirt???

#poor93
#therodneydangerfieldofpreps

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

93dog ... don't you break out in hives when you wear purple! probably not good for you healthwise to even be in a gym that has purple all around (ie Jim's Gym/Chesapeake's gymnasium/Miller ) ... don't you have to take some sort of antibiotic injection before you do the games in the Logan Sectional? - just sayin' :mrgreen:

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Chesapeake is tolerable ... not much purple.
Jim Meyers is nauseating and requires some medication before entering.

:)

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

ttt

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

I plan on fasting Thur and Fri just so I can enjoy the hospitality room even more ... I wonder if the folks down there realize the cooking that goes on in the backroom is as legendary as the match-ups they put on the floor?

lol

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

I am looking forward to meeting the great PFloyd on Saturday. I think if I play my cards right, I may get to meet the legendary dog as well. With 4 of floyd's top 5 in action, it should be a good day of hoops.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Crab's brother wrote:I am looking forward to meeting the great PFloyd on Saturday. I think if I play my cards right, I may get to meet the legendary dog as well. With 4 of floyd's top 5 in action, it should be a good day of hoops.
Floyd will be easy to spot ... just look for the mob of people surrounding him demanding his autograph.
93Dog is easy to spot, will be sitting at one of the tables in the corner calling the Athens game for 970WATH.

:mrgreen:

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Crab's brother - it will be a GREAT day of hoops on the river ... I have never been to a Beasts of the Southeast where the folks at Chesapeake have not treated me like family ... I feel right at home at CHS - great basketball, good friends, great hospitality room AND there is PURPLE & White splattered around !!! - ALL is good in my home away from home ...

... TEAMS Athens, Warren, Chesapeake, Fairland, Valley, Eastern Brown, Washington CH ... ALL know how to play the game of basketball ... outstanding coaches everywhere you will look Saturday ... I just want to sit in the stands and soak up the coaching knowledge these gentlemen bring court side - Coach Davis for the 'peake will be in the house all day as the host , hope to get to see Coach Davis' dad at the games Saturday as well; two of my favorites in SEO - Coach Maddox leading the Big Bad Blue of Warren and Coach Skinner for the Athens Bulldogs , Coach Speed for the Dragons - I love how he and his staff coach up the defensive side of the game, I haven't met Coach Beucler for EB but I have admired his philosophy of defense first for many many years he's one of the best, Coach Rolfe for Valley and Washington CH's Coach Bartruff are both outstanding coaches and their teams reflect it on the court ... I'll be smiling all day! good basketball does that to me LOL ... not to leave out Coal Grove - it will be my first look at Coach Lucas' squad - he has definitely turned things around at CG ... Russell KY? do they even play teams from Kentucky? seems like they play an all Ohio schedule LOL ... West Muskingum out of the MVL I don't believe have won a game this season ... should be a great day of hoops for sure Crab's brother ... 93dog will probably have you on air doing color for his broadcast of the Athens vs Valley game !!! LOL ...

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

pfloyd wrote:Crab's brother - it will be a GREAT day of hoops on the river ... I have never been to a Beasts of the Southeast where the folks at Chesapeake have not treated me like family ... I feel right at home at CHS - great basketball, good friends, great hospitality room AND there is PURPLE & White splattered around !!! - ALL is good in my home away from home ...

... TEAMS Athens, Warren, Chesapeake, Fairland, Valley, Eastern Brown, Washington CH ... ALL know how to play the game of basketball ... outstanding coaches everywhere you will look Saturday ... I just want to sit in the stands and soak up the coaching knowledge these gentlemen bring court side - Coach Davis for the 'peake will be in the house all day as the host , hope to get to see Coach Davis' dad at the games Saturday as well; two of my favorites in SEO - Coach Maddox leading the Big Bad Blue of Warren and Coach Skinner for the Athens Bulldogs , Coach Speed for the Dragons - I love how he and his staff coach up the defensive side of the game, I haven't met Coach Beucler for EB but I have admired his philosophy of defense first for many many years he's one of the best, Coach Rolfe for Valley and Washington CH's Coach Bartruff are both outstanding coaches and their teams reflect it on the court ... I'll be smiling all day! good basketball does that to me LOL ... not to leave out Coal Grove - it will be my first look at Coach Lucas' squad - he has definitely turned things around at CG ... Russell KY? do they even play teams from Kentucky? seems like they play an all Ohio schedule LOL ... West Muskingum out of the MVL I don't believe have won a game this season ... should be a great day of hoops for sure Crab's brother ... 93dog will probably have you on air doing color for his broadcast of the Athens vs Valley game !!! LOL ...

You know, if the great dog asked for some guest input, it would be hard to turn down. :122245 :122245 I could probably offer some insight to the Indians. I have seen a few of their games.

I made the mistake of eating before Valley played at Beasts 2 years ago. That won't happen again. I am really looking forward to the Athens-Valley game and I hope to get there in time to get a look at Eastern.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... there you go 93dog!!! your expert insight on the Athens Bulldogs and Crab's brother throwing in his own Valley Indians expertise - doesn't get any better than that !!! WarriorBlue will be in the stands keeping EVERYONE straight - there might not be enough headsets to go around!!! ... sounds to me like there may not be enough food in the hospitality room either!!! - ALL the makings of a great day in Chesapeake !!! :mrgreen:

Return to “Boys Basketball”