Unioto 15-3
Washington CH 13-3
Miami Trace 13-3
Circleville 12-5
Gallia Academy 10-8
McClain 7-9
Hillsboro 3-13
Jackson 0-16
Last edited by danicalifornia on Sun Feb 02, 2014 12:19 am, edited 28 times in total.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Re: D2 Southeastern Sectional

Post by danicalifornia »

Big games this coming weekend:

Unioto at Washington CH on Friday
Hillsboro hosting both Zane Trace and Southeastern
Last edited by danicalifornia on Tue Dec 24, 2013 12:22 am, edited 2 times in total.

jottings
SEOPS H

Post by jottings »

Gallia Academy's first five opponents have a combined record of 12-5. Pretty tough start.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Updated through tonight's games. Only Jackson and Hillsboro drop games tonight.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

This sectional is way weaker then Logan.

whsball
Freshman Team

Post by whsball »

Anyone have updates on records?

CCC
Riding the Bench

Post by CCC »

Minfords only 2 losses are to Huntington Prep one of the top teams in the nation and valley by 5 points who took Athens to double ot last night. I think Minford has a real shot at going into the draw with just those two losses.

whsball
Freshman Team

Post by whsball »

MT lost last night to Southeastern
WCH won
Hillsboro lost
McClain lost
Unioto won

bengalfan76
SE

Post by bengalfan76 »

With only two teams coming out this year. It will be interesting. My honest opinion no one wants to play Minford in this sectional. Top 4/5 teams in WCH, MT, Unioto, Minford, and Circleville any of theses teams could win this sectional title.

whsball
Freshman Team

Post by whsball »

Circleville lost
Jackson lost
No clue about Gallia
Don't know if Minford played
Wcho.com and Wkkj.com are good sites for SCOL/ Mid-State/ SEOAL scores any others out there?

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

1. Trace 2. Minford 3. Wash Ch 4. Unioto 5. Circleville 6. McClain 7.Gaila 8. Hillsboro 9. Jackson

whsball
Freshman Team

Post by whsball »

MT has lost 3 times, one of those to WCH. I'd say @ this point
Minford
WCH
MT
Circleville
Unioto
McClain
Hillsboro
Gaillia
Jackson

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

No way Minford gets the 1 the SCOL champ is a lock for that. SCOL always sticks together they have the votes.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Records were up to date as of last night.

WCH will be the 1 if they take care of business in the league. Minford will drop due to their playing mostly D3/D4 and the SCOL teams not seeing them. It happened to Fairland both years they were in the sectional, although Minford is much less of an unknown.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

The top 5 will be very competitive and should all have very good records. If you can avoid the 4/5 game, I think you are happy. It's going to a very tough final no matter who you face.

Should be a fun last few weeks, WCH and MT play a very stout Bishop Ready team before the draw still.

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

Circleville is 8-4 following loss to TV last night. Beat Amanda in a Wednesday make-up game.

How I see the seeding ultimately going.

1. WCH/MT
2. WCH/MT
3. Minford
4/5 Circleville/Unioto
6. McClain
7. Hillsboro
8. Gallia
9. Jackson

The 4-5 is going to be a dust up right off the bat. Sectional finals should be good games. I'd probably give WCH the edge for the top seed based on its schedule.

MSL_Fan
Waterboy

Post by MSL_Fan »

1-5 in this sectional will be very interesting....I don't really anticipate any of the top 5 seeds being too fearful of each other as the back door dealing for seeding slots amps up....no chance Minford could get the 1 seed unless EVERYONE else has at least 3 or more losses than them at time of draw....easy to see any of the top 5 seeds advance out of this sectional to meet the buzz saws coming out of the Logan Sectional....as of now I'd go with....

WCH
MT
Minford
CV / Unioto (take your pick 4/5)
McClain
Hillsboro
GA
Jax

Several games still to go to determine positioning....Circleville alone will have games with Logan Elm and Bloom Carroll in the league as well as a match-up with WCH before the draw....all of these teams will have opportunities to impress for sure!

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

I have not seen all the teams in this draw, but if the talk is Courthouse being the top team, I think Minford is the best team. I got to see Courthouse play a tight game with Russell on Saturday. I watched Minford destroy Russell right after Chirstmas. I know that teams match up differently, but WCH didn't look like a #1 seed to me.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Crab's brother wrote:I have not seen all the teams in this draw, but if the talk is Courthouse being the top team, I think Minford is the best team. I got to see Courthouse play a tight game with Russell on Saturday. I watched Minford destroy Russell right after Chirstmas. I know that teams match up differently, but WCH didn't look like a #1 seed to me.
WCH was playing their 3rd game in 3 days and it happened to be a noon game, that may have been a major factor Saturday. WCH has 2 losses, LE and DeSales (who nearly upset Watterson this weekend)

Minford may be the top team, but their schedule could get them voted down by the SCOL teams. It doesn't really matter though, because you are going to have to beat a quality opponent to reach the Convo no matter what.

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

WCH's performance at DeSales was an eye raiser. Not an easy place to go play, and they almost won the game. I know folks will look at DeSales' record, but also look at the schedule they play.

Return to “Boys Basketball”