Saturday 12/7 game Cancellations

Dundas
SEOPS

Saturday 12/7 game Cancellations

Post by Dundas »

Post em here.
Last edited by Dundas on Sat Dec 07, 2013 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

eagles73Taylor
SE

Re: Friday 12/6 game Cancellations

Post by eagles73Taylor »

Piketon @ Westfall cancelled, makeup Dec. 20th.

jaterlove
Waterboy

Post by jaterlove »

South Gallia v. Miller has been cancelled and rescheduled to December 23.

Keyser_sozeThrice
S

Post by Keyser_sozeThrice »

Nelsonville-York at Wellston is postponed with no makeup date set yet.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"I don't know how you guys do business in your part of the world. But here in Rio, I like it when all parties know what they are up against." — Fast Five :!:
Last edited by Keyser_sozeThrice on Fri Dec 06, 2013 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ryanexpress
Varsity
Location: Being yelled at by hundreds of fans on any given night

Post by Ryanexpress »

Huntington Ross @ Paint Valley cancelled, have not heard make up date yet.

ironman
Waterboy

Post by ironman »

Waverly @ Minford canceled and rescheduled for Dec. 14th....according to Minfords website.

surfsider
All State

Post by surfsider »

Shadyside @ Shenandoah postponed to 12/14

mglight88
SE

Post by mglight88 »

Please, radar shows and indicates rain till 9pm then a wintery mix for the next three hours. Might as well cancel the rest of the basketball season, and since softball/baseball plays in the spring with rain, might as well cancel that as well. (I know I am just venting). I might of graduated 25 years ago, but I remember going to school, game and dance with four inches of snow on the ground. If the area has already gotten hit hard in the day with snow fall and sleet, then reschedule the game. Right now it's just rain. Why cancel, when your perticular area may or may not recieve bad weather.

eagles73Taylor
SE

Post by eagles73Taylor »

mglightle, it is the sign of the times. Parents sue at the drop of a hat, and since they have the ears of our politicians, who have the ear of our judicial system the prudent thing to do is cancel! Have you ever had to make a decision concerning thousands of people, and the lives and welfare of children?

sparky
All State

Post by sparky »

better safe than sorry.

Cameron34Crazie34
All State

Post by Cameron34Crazie34 »

Wheelersburg at Portsmouth West has been postponed

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

I totally understand being better safe than sorry.

But I would also like to see AD'S exercise patience. Why call a game at 10:00am? You don't play until 7:30pm. I have seen predicted snow storms become nothing but rain a gazillion times here in southeastern Ohio.

eagles73Taylor
SE

Post by eagles73Taylor »

dog, the Piketon game at Westfall was cancelled as soon as they cancelled school, that is their policy. 2 years ago I played the only game of the season when they predicted a major snowstorm, but we got the game in at Piketon well before it started to stick. However, 1 of our kids live well out of town and a parent took it upon themselves to blast me for playing. Luckily they were only able to get 1 board member behind them, and nothing came of it! However, my livelihood could have been jeopardized because 1 kid, open enrolled lived 30 minutes from school and had to drive home while it was snowing and had a mother who wanted someones head to roll! lol

Cameron34Crazie34
All State

West is getting out of school at 1. It's not doing nothing but rain right now

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Athens at Meigs - postponed.

arrgggghhhh.

Guess I'll sit and bite my fingernails tonight as I wait to head to Massillon in the morning ... lol

GO 'CATS!

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

mglight88 wrote:Please, radar shows and indicates rain till 9pm then a wintery mix for the next three hours. Might as well cancel the rest of the basketball season, and since softball/baseball plays in the spring with rain, might as well cancel that as well. (I know I am just venting). I might of graduated 25 years ago, but I remember going to school, game and dance with four inches of snow on the ground. If the area has already gotten hit hard in the day with snow fall and sleet, then reschedule the game. Right now it's just rain. Why cancel, when your perticular area may or may not recieve bad weather.

I remember a few years ago goin to Jackson to watch the burg - ports sectional game. The whole way there it was nice out and a couple hours later when we left the whole parking lot was covered in ice.

So I can see why they are postponing games. They are playin it safe.

Regulator
All Conference

Post by Regulator »

Mad_Dogg wrote:
mglight88 wrote:Please, radar shows and indicates rain till 9pm then a wintery mix for the next three hours. Might as well cancel the rest of the basketball season, and since softball/baseball plays in the spring with rain, might as well cancel that as well. (I know I am just venting). I might of graduated 25 years ago, but I remember going to school, game and dance with four inches of snow on the ground. If the area has already gotten hit hard in the day with snow fall and sleet, then reschedule the game. Right now it's just rain. Why cancel, when your perticular area may or may not recieve bad weather.

I remember a few years ago goin to Jackson to watch the burg - ports sectional game. The whole way there it was nice out and a couple hours later when we left the whole parking lot was covered in ice.

So I can see why they are postponing games. They are playin it safe.
Or maybe flood waters could be playing a part in the cancellation. Just a thought.

Cameron34Crazie34
All State

Wheelersburg at West is tomorrow at 3pm

Ty Webb
All State

Post by Ty Webb »

Alex at VC is cancelled. No makeup date as of now.

mglight88
SE

Post by mglight88 »

I have kids in school too and I understand the worry with parents and school officials, but what the area is getting now, compared to (what might the area get later on) are two different things. And no, I am not in a position to make decisions over the student body, I was just saying it was too soon for a decision to be made. There are plenty of school districts around the United States that deal with worse weather than Southern Ohio, and they get there games in. Wouldn't be a scary thought if we had a winter weather advisory for the remainder of the basketball season!
Last edited by mglight88 on Fri Dec 06, 2013 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Boys Basketball”