South Gallia Rebels 2013-2014

Rebels on 3
All State

South Gallia Rebels 2013-2014

Post by Rebels on 3 »

Thoughts on how the Rebels will be this year. They return a lot of guys from last years team and still have probably the best player in the hocking in Brayden Greer.

npeifer
Freshman Team

Re: South Gallia Rebels 2013-2014

Post by npeifer »

Game day for The Rebels! Let's start the season off right @ Green tonight. I think the coaching staff has done a fine job and I look for The Rebels to have a good season!

91blue14
SE

Post by 91blue14 »

1-0 :lol:

Futurebkstar
All State

Post by Futurebkstar »

I was there last night. Rebels coaching staff did a great job with the jv and the varsity.Solid performance for opening day. Green went on a run and the kids put a stop to it which is a good.sign for SG.

256pride
Riding the Bench

Post by 256pride »

great start to the season for the rebels and heard greer had 31 in the game next ones at home so I'll get to see them play.

http://mydailytribune.com/news/sports/2 ... ener-71-54

npeifer
Freshman Team

Post by npeifer »

Nice job by The Rebels against Green and now our first home game this Friday night against TVC-Hocking opponent Miller. Let's keep it up guys!

256pride
Riding the Bench

Post by 256pride »

Big win at home last night was the 2nd game i got to see of the year good job boys

implantcat
Riding the Bench

Post by implantcat »

By far this place is the worst place that I have ever been to for any sporting event. Fans heckling the players from the stands!! Cheap shots everywhere on the court the entire game. It pretty bad when the local sherrif has to stand behind the oposing plyers bench to shut the fans up. They are "GREAT" was the word for the night. As for the team, they have some good talent, too bad the people cheering for them have no class at all.

256pride
Riding the Bench

Post by 256pride »

Actually the teacher and deputy went and sat there because a trimble player kept turning around and was cussing at our fans who did repspond but who wouldn't. If you were at the miller game the other night you would see that it went much smoother when the opposing team isn't classless like trimble was trimbles coaches even were warned a bunch of times and got technicals.

implantcat
Riding the Bench

Post by implantcat »

And the reason the miller game went better was we warned them and they had parents of the players sitting behind the bench, I believe that the only reason the player turned around was to ask for help, because of the fans, Who are the adults here? guess that statement says it all!!

Rebelcat
All Conference

Post by Rebelcat »

implantcat wrote:By far this place is the worst place that I have ever been to for any sporting event. Fans heckling the players from the stands!! Cheap shots everywhere on the court the entire game. It pretty bad when the local sherrif has to stand behind the oposing plyers bench to shut the fans up. They are "GREAT" was the word for the night. As for the team, they have some good talent, too bad the people cheering for them have no class at all.
A Trimble fan questioning the class of another schools fans? Pot- kettle. Trimble fans were not displaying much class that night either.

I do agree that both SG AND Trimble fans were a little extreme that night. SG is taking steps to address the issue. Will Trimble do the same? I guess we will find out.

Futurebkstar
All State

Post by Futurebkstar »

I was at the Miller game. I seen nothing that was classless out of anyone from South Gallia.

Rebelcat
All Conference

Post by Rebelcat »

futurebkstar wrote:I was at the Miller game. I seen nothing that was classless out of anyone from South Gallia.
There were zero problems at the Miller game with either fan base in what was a hotly contested game. Those are the games when fans tend to go overboard. As I mentioned the SG AD has taken steps to address the issue and at least for that game it seems to have made a difference. In regards to the Trimble game SG controlled the game from start to finish. Those games are usually not as emotional and less likely to have what happened happen. As for fans yelling at certain Trimble players during that game I will agree it did happen. But SG players were are being targeted by Trimble fans during the game and a couple players were even confronted by an upset lady from Trimble in the back hallway while heading to the locker room following the games conclusion. An adult sitting in the crowd should NEVER call out an opposing player, coach or official period!

EVERY school has had issues and that means Trimble has as well.

Return to “Boys Basketball”