Re: top 10 players in southeastern ohio 2013-2014

Post by LetsGoPSU »

cant wait to see what Kyre Allison brings to the table as a sophmore

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

I can't speak for the entire region, but around the Scioto County area:

Jared McCray - Minford (Assuming he is playing - considering the football injury)
Kenton Gullion - Minford
Michael Davis - West
Michael Hafer - West
Hayden Dunn - Valley
Jordan West - Valley
Bryan Rolfe - Valley
Drew Scarberry - Northwest
Kyre Allison - Portsmouth
Sky Oliver - Portsmouth

I'm sure I missed a few, but these were off the top of my head.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

Crab's brother wrote:I can't speak for the entire region, but around the Scioto County area:

Jared McCray - Minford (Assuming he is playing - considering the football injury)
Kenton Gullion - Minford
Michael Davis - West
Michael Hafer - West
Hayden Dunn - Valley
Jordan West - Valley
Bryan Rolfe - Valley
Drew Scarberry - Northwest
Kyre Allison - Portsmouth
Sky Oliver - Portsmouth

I'm sure I missed a few, but these were off the top of my head.
Definitely missed two from the SOC..

Levi Cook - South Webster
Minner Stiltner - Oak Hill

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

Crab's Brother put together a good list, and here are a few outside of Scioto County. This list is not all-inclusive:

Evan French, Warren
Michael Hall, Warren
Reece Patton, Warren
Ibi Watson, Athens
Joe Burrow, Athens
Beau Justice, Peebles (may lead the SE district in scoring this year)
Kevin Fisher, Logan 6-8 could be the best big in SE Ohio
Jeremy Farmer, Piketon

WarriorBlue
Varsity

Post by WarriorBlue »

Top 10 Players in SE Ohio

1. Michael Hall (Warren)
2. Kyrie Allision (Portsmouth)
3. Ibi Watson (Athens)
4. Evan French (Warren)
5. Joe Borrows (Athens)
6. Evan Maddox (Fairland)
7. Reece Patton (Warren)
8. Beau Justice (Peebles)
9. Cedric Pettiford (MiamiTrace)
10 Kevin Fisher (Logan)

viper2406
Waterboy

Post by viper2406 »

WarriorBlue wrote:Top 10 Players in SE Ohio

1. Michael Hall (Warren)
3. Ibi Watson (Athens)
4. Evan French (Warren)
5. Joe Borrows (Athens)
7. Reece Patton (Warren)
9. Cedric Pettiford (MiamiTrace)
10 Kevin Fisher (Logan)
i like this top ten but i think nick therriault (belpre) should get in the top ten.

viper2406
Waterboy

Post by viper2406 »

1. Michael Hall (Warren)
3. Ibi Watson (Athens)
4. Evan French (Warren)
5. Joe Borrows (Athens)
7. Reece Patton (Warren)
9.Nick Therriault (Belpre)
10.Kiven Fisher (logan)

WarriorBlue
Varsity

Post by WarriorBlue »

redsoxs300 wrote:1. Michael Hall (Warren)
3. Ibi Watson (Athens)
4. Evan French (Warren)
5. Joe Borrows (Athens)
7. Reece Patton (Warren)
9.Nick Therriault (Belpre)
10.Kiven Fisher (logan)
Don't sleep on Cedric Pettiford. He was an All District selection in DII. At the Convo he showed he was "Primetime" player. As a sophomore on the biggest stage in SE Ohio he played like a vertern and nearly brought his team back in a game they trailed by nearly 20 points. He plays both ends of the court and is as athletic as anybody in the district. There is a reason 8 of PFloyd's top 10 are DII.

viper2406
Waterboy

Post by viper2406 »

Oh im not he is a great play and will only get better both kids deserve that top ten spot!

ez_high
Waterboy

Post by ez_high »

I would put Evan French above Michael Hall. Both are great players, but quite a few games last year, Evan took the team in his shoulders and shot lights out in the second half. He was the main reason the team made it to state last year. With that being said, it is a year later and Hall has a lot of potential. Only time will tell! Will be fun to watch.

WarriorBlue
Varsity

Post by WarriorBlue »

whs2422 wrote:I would put Evan French above Michael Hall. Both are great players, but quite a few games last year, Evan took the team in his shoulders and shot lights out in the second half. He was the main reason the team made it to state last year. With that being said, it is a year later and Hall has a lot of potential. Only time will tell! Will be fun to watch.
No doubt French is an awesome player and his many post season awards and his recent signing to West Liberty University attest to that. My ratings were based on the fact that the 3 kids at the top of the list Hall, Allision and Watson are all being recruited by several DI schools.
As far as French being the MAIN reason Warren went to the state. I totally disagree. The main reason Warren won the Regional was the OUTSTANDING SENIOR LEADERSHIP and the OUTSTANDING COACHING STAFF. When Warren beat Athens in the Regional for 3 1/2 quarters French wasn't much of a factor. Somebody had to keep them in the game until the dramatic run a games end. Every kid on that team had a moment where you could point to that made the dream of winning a regional possible. District SemiFinals Patton, Lefffingwell and Lang all played huge. In the Distict Final Hall exploded for 11 points in the 3rd quarter of a tied game at halftime to push the Warriors out to a comfortable double diger lead heading to the 4th quarter. The same game the coaching staff made a huge decision by going to a zone defense that truly turned the tide. Regional Final Evan Yabs presence of mind at games end to go to rim when his man left him was without a doubt the BIGGEST play of the season maybe the biggest play in Warrior basketball history.
No this was a TEAM EFFORT. I'm sure EVERY member of the 2013 Warren Warriors would agree.

GO BIG BAD BLUE !

Fighting_Scots1
Freshman Team

Post by Fighting_Scots1 »

WarriorBlue wrote:
whs2422 wrote:I would put Evan French above Michael Hall. Both are great players, but quite a few games last year, Evan took the team in his shoulders and shot lights out in the second half. He was the main reason the team made it to state last year. With that being said, it is a year later and Hall has a lot of potential. Only time will tell! Will be fun to watch.
No doubt French is an awesome player and his many post season awards and his recent signing to West Liberty University attest to that. My ratings were based on the fact that the 3 kids at the top of the list Hall, Allision and Watson are all being recruited by several DI schools.
As far as French being the MAIN reason Warren went to the state. I totally disagree. The main reason Warren won the Regional was the OUTSTANDING SENIOR LEADERSHIP and the OUTSTANDING COACHING STAFF. When Warren beat Athens in the Regional for 3 1/2 quarters French wasn't much of a factor. Somebody had to keep them in the game until the dramatic run a games end. Every kid on that team had a moment where you could point to that made the dream of winning a regional possible. District SemiFinals Patton, Lefffingwell and Lang all played huge. In the Distict Final Hall exploded for 11 points in the 3rd quarter of a tied game at halftime to push the Warriors out to a comfortable double diger lead heading to the 4th quarter. The same game the coaching staff made a huge decision by going to a zone defense that truly turned the tide. Regional Final Evan Yabs presence of mind at games end to go to rim when his man left him was without a doubt the BIGGEST play of the season maybe the biggest play in Warrior basketball history.
No this was a TEAM EFFORT. I'm sure EVERY member of the 2013 Warren Warriors would agree.

GO BIG BAD BLUE !
That is well said Warrior Blue ... I was at every high school boys contest throughout the tournament at the convo, and I turned to a buddy I went with multiple times and we discussed the exact same items ... The Warrior "Big 3" all had special moments throughout the run and the role players/glue guys always seemed to fill their roles best when it was essential to the team's success. VERY WELL SAID!

northern exposure
Waterboy

Post by northern exposure »

The coaching staff was.mentioned - what kind of impact do you think losing Duckworth will be a big impact?

Fighting_Scots1
Freshman Team

Post by Fighting_Scots1 »

I think that any time you lose a quality, involved, long-term assistant from a coaching staff there are potential voids. With that said, I can tell you that Coach Maddox does not get enough praise for the high quality job that he does with that program. From the top down there is discipline and class. I think that Coach Duckworth contributed positively with their program, but every other coach that I know in the Warren program is of high quality, so I don't think it will be as large of a factor for the Big Blue as some might think. Coach Maddox, a poised tactician, will have his team ready this winter and it should be exciting to see how some of the top shelf teams like Athens, New Philadelphia, Warren, and others will play after having successful seasons a year ago. Tournament action in the Convo will be a lot of fun with these three teams likely in the mix again to make big runs!

WarriorBlue
Varsity

Post by WarriorBlue »

Fighting_Scots1 wrote:I think that any time you lose a quality, involved, long-term assistant from a coaching staff there are potential voids. With that said, I can tell you that Coach Maddox does not get enough praise for the high quality job that he does with that program. From the top down there is discipline and class. I think that Coach Duckworth contributed positively with their program, but every other coach that I know in the Warren program is of high quality, so I don't think it will be as large of a factor for the Big Blue as some might think. Coach Maddox, a poised tactician, will have his team ready this winter and it should be exciting to see how some of the top shelf teams like Athens, New Philadelphia, Warren, and others will play after having successful seasons a year ago. Tournament action in the Convo will be a lot of fun with these three teams likely in the mix again to make big runs!
Great post Fighting Scots! For years I've felt that Coach Maddox was VERY underrated. He started with a program that was the 4th best in Washington County. When he arrived at Warren, Belpre and Fort Frye were both coming off recent state tourney trips and Marietta was decent. Having to play Belpre with Coach Garrett and Fort Frye with Coach Lidke was no easy task. But he steadied the course, righted the ship and turned the Warrior program into a model of success. The time he spends building relationships with the kids is incredible. Kids wanna play for Coach Maddox. The summer camp is filled with little guys playing with that big orange ball dreaming of wearing blue one day. Most coaches lose this part of the game in an effort to produce a winner.
Coach Duckworth played a HUGE role for the Warriors. I can't say that enough. He like Coach Maddox is great at building relationships with the players. Pre game prep and conditioning was the areas that he shines brightest. While he was at Warren they may have not been the best team every night but I guarantee they were ALWAYS the best prepared and best conditioned team on the floor. Coach Duck will truly be missed. His energy and passion for the game is contagious. Marietta fell into a winner. I only hope they have the sense to give him the backing and the time to do the job he was hired to do.
As Always

GO BIG BAD BLUE!

Return to “Boys Basketball”