Chillicothes new coach? .

jumphigh
Varsity

Chillicothes new coach? .

Post by jumphigh »

Could it be a coach from the past, a local or another out of towner.

Everyone is being tight lipped

Fan of The Blue and Gold
Freshman Team

Re: Chillicothes new coach? .

Post by Fan of The Blue and Gold »

This could be a tough hire. With Chilly going D-I that makes this an entirely different job. Coach Kellough's tenure was very successful mainly because of his tournament success. That will not happen any more. New guy will still have good players but a much tougher job.

JIMMY THE GREEK
All Conference

Post by JIMMY THE GREEK »

Glad to hear Coach Lisath was contacted. I hope it works out.

Blackcobra
Freshman Team

Post by Blackcobra »

Very interesting!

jumphigh
Varsity

Post by jumphigh »

Down to 2 and we should know in the morning

Jeff Lisath
JV Team

Post by Jeff Lisath »

Chilli Blue wrote:Glad to hear Coach Lisath was contacted. I hope it works out.
I never talked to anyone about the position.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Eric Huffer, a 2000 Greenfield graduate who had been an college assistant will be named the new Head Coach of the Cavaliers in the morning. Congrats to Coach Huffer and Chillicothe for finding a replacement quite quickly.
Last edited by danicalifornia on Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

CharlieHustle
All Conference

Post by CharlieHustle »

Dante Jackson applied last year and should have got the job . Did he apply this time ?

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

charliehustle wrote:Dante Jackson applied last year and should have got the job . Did he apply this time ?
I doubt he did since the Chillicothe Gazette found it necessary to comment that he wasn't granted an interview. I'd say he probably wasn't thrilled by that, but I'd also think he may have been more interested in the Greenfield job.

I hope this is a longer term hire for the Cavs.

miggyt
Freshman Team

Post by miggyt »

Coach Lisath is the new coach at Dayton Northridge. Congrats coach!

As far as Dante goes, I'm sure he's happy with his role at Xavier. Maybe he applied for the job at his alma mater, which is also open right now. I'm sure nothing would keep him from applying for a job he really wanted, even that mean ol' Gazette. :roll:

I look forward to meeting coach Huffer and seeing what he can do for the Cavs.

FrodoBaggins
Waterboy

Post by FrodoBaggins »

Congrats to Coach Huffer and Family. Looking forward to the future of CAVS basketball!

Blackcobra
Freshman Team

Post by Blackcobra »

Wish him greatness and patience, with the kids and the parents. Major attitude issues that will have to be dealt with from both.

dawescpa
Riding the Bench

Post by dawescpa »

I don't think our attitudes are any worse than any where else. We have pretty good kids.

Blackcobra
Freshman Team

Post by Blackcobra »

Yes issues, from Jr. high up, when you have onlookers talking about Cav kids getting tossed from a scrimmage (yes unimportant scrimmage) and Coaches inability to control it, its an ISSUE.

FrodoBaggins
Waterboy

Post by FrodoBaggins »

UKPROF, i was at all junior games last year and i dont remember a player being tossed from a game or scrimmage so I think you and the "onlookers" need to get info correct. Yes our kids can have attitudes at times but every teenager has attitudes. I can honestly tell you from a coaching stand point and as a person who has a lot of interaction with the kids at chillicothe, we have good kids. these kids need ppl who believe and want to invest in them not ppl who want to bash them on a forum!

Blackcobra
Freshman Team

Post by Blackcobra »

The issues continue 6th through freshman, Seriously you say attitudes are good? Have you been to any games? It seems in Chili many wash out by high school, either grades or lack of desire.

FrodoBaggins
Waterboy

Post by FrodoBaggins »

now I know you have no clue what you are talking about. The 6th grade team u mentioned, i have coached for 5 years and never has a kid been kicked out of a game. That is a great group of kids who love the game and play with passion!! So the question is, how many games have you been to?!

Blackcobra
Freshman Team

Post by Blackcobra »

never said a 6th grader was ever kicked out of a game, although couldnt imagine a situation that would be warranted. But since youre on the subject why dont you let that 6th team play some real competition.

buckcraze
JV Team

Post by buckcraze »

I do not know what your beef with Chillicothe is UKPROF, but it is amazing to me that you believe it is ok to disparage eleven, twelve, thirteen year old kids. ladycavsbkb is an outstanding coach and human being that has had up close contact with these kids for several years and I for one will certainly accept his take on these kids long before your incredulous opinion. Besides, great peewee and junior high teams do not always translate into great high school teams at any school or in any sport. Kids move, kids interests change, some peewee and junior high coaches coach to win and not teach the game. These things often lead to great peewee and junior high records and do not translate to great high school teams. Why do not not just let the kids be kids, and if they are guided to high school and college success then so be it. If not, let them grow to be high quality people outside of the sports world. As far as ladycavsbkb, just keep doing what you are doing, the community appreciates what you do for our children!

Blackcobra
Freshman Team

Post by Blackcobra »

1st of all, calm down, How is my opinion incredulous, im not asking you to believe anything. Its fact, not listening to a coach, fighting/ pushing other players is an attitude issue. A young man was sat/ejected/taken out of the game by the officials in the Unioto summer league due to such attitudes, so im not deprecating any players I just want their attitudes to improve, Karma's a mother. Saying the 6th grade should play better competition was just for fun I know they have a pretty good team. I still hope they improve their attitudes in Jr. high and high school( not 6th) JMO and I'm allowed to have one. PS buck, you should have used critical or simpleminded instead of incredulous people would have understood your point better. Everything you said after ...incredulous opinion was 100% right on.

Return to “Boys Basketball”