TVC-Hocking 2013-2014

Billybob55
JV Team

TVC-Hocking 2013-2014

Post by Billybob55 »

Who does every one like? Waterford returns three starters from last season and a couple role players that had some big games.

smzgc03
Riding the Bench

Re: TVC Hocking

Post by smzgc03 »

Miller should be ok return 3 starters and had a pretty good reserve team so a few of them players should help

Billybob55
JV Team

Post by Billybob55 »

Trimble, Waterford, Southern, and Miller will be the contenders with fed hock having a slight chance, they wont be able to return their post offense that was such a threat last season

Billybob55
JV Team

Post by Billybob55 »

Belpre has a chance as well, if theriault can carry the team on his back

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

billybob55 wrote:Trimble, Waterford, Southern, and Miller will be the contenders with fed hock having a slight chance, they wont be able to return their post offense that was such a threat last season
Howie usually doesn't have any size, his offense at Eastern (and the one he runs now) can operate with efficiency without a true big man.

I really like Trimble to be a contender so long as they take hoops seriously and really try and make a run at the title ...

Billybob55
JV Team

Post by Billybob55 »

Fed hock had problems against Waterford when carney was out with foul trouble last season. They struggled to get boards with him out. Also when mayle was out they struggled inside

chiefs
Varsity

Post by chiefs »

Does Miller return Rader?

WarriorBlue
Varsity

Post by WarriorBlue »

Belpre has the best player in the HOCKING in Nick Terriut. The kid is a complete stud. Along side him will be sophomore Tavian Miller(didn't play last year) the Eagles starting QB. Also freshman DeShawn DeGet and Logan Plummer, two very talented kids that will contribute day one. Add in 6'5" sophomore Nathan Mason for a defensive post presence and you've got the makings of a pretty darn good team.

Golfer101
JV Team

Post by Golfer101 »

I look for Trimble and Belpre to be the favorites and I wouldn't count Fed Hock out. This will be another down year in the Hocking as a whole.

implantcat
Riding the Bench

Post by implantcat »

yes Rader will only be a Jr.

CoachBrittonFL
Freshman Team

Post by CoachBrittonFL »

I guess my odds on favorite would have to be Southern. Opening up a new gym this year plus they have the best guard and the best post player on the same team with Wolfe and Drummer. Trimble will be very tough as well, just depends how long it will take them to lose there football legs.

1. Southern
2. Trimble
3.Federal Hocking
4. Belpre
5.Miller
6.Wahama
7.South Galia
8.Waterford
9.Eastern

Golfer101
JV Team

Post by Golfer101 »

Big Shooter I take it you never watched Southern last year. They weren't strong in the post. I thought they played one man ball. I wasn't impressed with what I watched over the summer either. Good luck on that new gym theory too it never panned out to well for Jackson and Gallia.

CoachBrittonFL
Freshman Team

Post by CoachBrittonFL »

I watched Southern just one time and that was the tournament game when they got dismantled by Eastern. About the gym good points but I highly doubt Southerns gym will be as big as those places. In fact I heard it wasn't going to be much bigger than the old place.

G.W.A.
All Conference

Post by G.W.A. »

BigShooter wrote:I watched Southern just one time and that was the tournament game when they got dismantled by Eastern. About the gym good points but I highly doubt Southerns gym will be as big as those places. In fact I heard it wasn't going to be much bigger than the old place.
I heard it's actually going to be smaller and hotter

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

There is no clear cut favorite in the Hocking next year ... it's more wide open than I ever remember it being.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

How are some of the best centers in the TVC this year?

Super trooper
All State

Post by Super trooper »

Not good

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Super Trooper wrote:Not good
Not sure their is a true center in the entire league ... Trimble had a 6-foot-5 player on the JV team that went 21-1 ... and they also have Micah Couch, who came on strong near the end of the season ... but Micah is only around 6-foot-2 or 6-foot-3.

Super trooper
All State

Post by Super trooper »

Drummer is pretty much the only true center in the league and he took a few steps backwards last season. I hear fed hock is going with a center less lineup. Drummer SHOULD have a hay day in every TVC game this year. Time will tell

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Super Trooper wrote:Drummer is pretty much the only true center in the league and he took a few steps backwards last season. I hear fed hock is going with a center less lineup. Drummer SHOULD have a hay day in every TVC game this year. Time will tell
I forgot about Chandler ... he SHOULD average at least 15 and 10 every game next year.

Return to “Boys Basketball”