2013 Bannon Park Basketball Classic

Jeff Lisath
JV Team

2013 Bannon Park Basketball Classic

Post by Jeff Lisath »

The Bannon Park Classic is a 5 on 5 full court double elimination outdoors basketball tournament held in Bannon Park, 14th street & Robinson Ave. in Portsmouth, Ohio.

The Classic started in 1979 and historically was one of the top summer basketball tournaments in the Tri-State of Ohio, Kentucky, And West Virginia. The Classic has featured hundreds of high school and college standouts over the years with at least six Professional Basketball Players participating in this three day event. Games are played all day and through the night, with a theme for each day. The Classic kicks off on Friday July 5th with Opening Ceremonies and the theme “Under Friday Night Lights” featuring local high school teams battling for the top spot in the upper brackets. The Portsmouth Trojans and Piketon Redstreaks both appeared in the Classic and the following season went to the Final Four with Portsmouth doing it two years in a row after being the Bannon Park Classic Runners-up in 2010. Athens High School made its first appearance last year and played very well and then enjoyed a successful season.(We hope to see more high school teams this year) The event includes music, food, and plenty of “street basketball” excitement. For more information or applications email me at jefflisath@yahoo.com

If you've never seen a Classic....you have to see this one! The adult bracket will feature NBDL players and DI College players, along with some "Special Guest" from the NBA.

LetsGoPSU
SE

Re: 2013 Bannon Park Basketball Classic

Post by LetsGoPSU »

Outstanding event, hope the weather is awesome and you have a great turnout as usual

wipala
Varsity

Post by wipala »

I had the pleasure of visiting home last summer during this event..It is well worth
the time to go and enjoy, not bad ribs either...lol
Seeing these young people play as hard as they do and the fans out supporting
their favorites it a neat site to see in the middle of the summer....
I would encourge anyone within a driving distance to go and enjoy this classic..easy
to get to and plenty of great bb for all to enjoy...
an old Trojan in AZ

wipalawalt

JIMMY THE GREEK
All Conference

Post by JIMMY THE GREEK »

Jeff,

Do you ever have Chillicothe teams? I would like to see our HS team in it this year.

Jeff Lisath
JV Team

Post by Jeff Lisath »

Chilli Blue wrote:Jeff,

Do you ever have Chillicothe teams? I would like to see our HS team in it this year.
Yes, we have Chillicothe adult teams participate. One made it to the finals back in the early 90's. I would like to see the HS team this year as well.

independent2012
Freshman Team

Post by independent2012 »

This is a great event,the atomophere is off the charts,especially the deeper the tournament goes.I have witnessed big names,I mean real big names get humbled in this tournament,you must have grit,not heart, grit, heart can only take you so far,you need back up.
I would strongly advise every High School team within a 50 mile radius to get in this tournament,and experience the will and desire to win and how to dig deep.Lot of lessons learned at the classic.
One final note coach Collins entered his 2010-11 team,I witnessed them beat college teams,young talented local players in their early 20's,players from over seas,professionals,that team is the only H.S team ever go to the finals in the classic,that feat will never happen again.But thats my opinion who knows what will happen at.THE CLASSIC.

JIMMY THE GREEK
All Conference

Post by JIMMY THE GREEK »

Coach L. I hope to see you and the Redstreaks there again this year. I've enjoyed this event the past three years. I will never forget Kyle Miller's performance a couple of years ago.

WarriorBlue
Varsity

Post by WarriorBlue »

Any word on HS teams signed up??

Jeff Lisath
JV Team

Post by Jeff Lisath »

Piketon, Portsmouth confirmed a lot of interest from others. Possible Warren I'm told.

Jeff Lisath
JV Team

Post by Jeff Lisath »

High School Division starting to heat up with Portsmouth, Piketon, Marietta, Warren, and 5 other possibles.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

How much for adult teams?

Jeff Lisath
JV Team

Post by Jeff Lisath »

Jeff Lisath
JV Team

Post by Jeff Lisath »

Just sent invites to the top rated high schools in Indiana, Kentucky, & West Virginia.

Jeff Lisath
JV Team

Post by Jeff Lisath »

jeff lisath wrote:High School Division starting to heat up with Portsmouth, Piketon, Marietta, Warren, and 5 other possibles.
Manchester High School is in.
Southern State is in the adult division.
Former players from the University of Kentucky just contacted me about putting a team in. The field may be set long before the deadline of June 30th.

aka4knotts
Waterboy

Post by aka4knotts »

Jeff have any local businesses shared interest in sponsoring a team?

Jeff Lisath
JV Team

Post by Jeff Lisath »

aka4knotts wrote:Jeff have any local businesses shared interest in sponsoring a team?
Not yet....The Mayor of Portsmouth David Malone sponsors a local team every year.

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

Really excited about this year's Classic.......looks like a strong field in both the high school and men's divisions.

WarriorBlue
Varsity

Post by WarriorBlue »

Warren Warriors are in hope to see lots of BLUE on the sidelines. With Portsmouth in the field, we Warrior fans get a preseason look at 2014 front runner to unseat THE BIG BAD BLUE from back to back SEOAL titles. Looking foreword to the Classic 4sure.

Jeff Lisath
JV Team

Post by Jeff Lisath »

WarriorBlue wrote:Warren Warriors are in hope to see lots of BLUE on the sidelines. With Portsmouth in the field, we Warrior fans get a preseason look at 2014 front runner to unseat THE BIG BAD BLUE from back to back SEOAL titles. Looking foreword to the Classic 4sure.
Looking forward to seeing Warren in the Classic....this will make the 4th High School Final 4 team in the past five years to participate in the Classic. I'm sure it will be a lifetime memory for the kids!

Jeff Lisath
JV Team

Post by Jeff Lisath »

Looking for one more High School team to complete the High School Divison.

Return to “Boys Basketball”