Minford Falcons 2013-2014

KingoftheCourts
Riding the Bench

Minford Falcons 2013-2014

Post by KingoftheCourts »

Well, the 2012-2013 season is now in the past and the 2013-2014 season will be here before we know it.
I think this will be a really good team. The lose of McBee will be felt but hopefully the underclassmen will work hard and help fill those shoes.
I think McCray will have an awesome year in the paint - he will be the "dominator". With his size and speed, he will be "money" on the inside.
Gullion needs to work on playing down low since our size will be down a little. He tends to want to play a upper wing position.
Stapleton will run the top unless Justice gives him a run for his money. Ball handling is very important and that's one thing that McBee could do with ease.
I think you will also see Rowe have a breakout year - let's hope the rumor is not true that he's moving! That kid can see the floor and that's something special. He may just fill McBee's shoes! Guaranteed - he will be the man in a year or so.
As for the other starter, I think you'll see either Kelly or Justice filling that spot. Both having something to offer the team, Kelly by shooting and rebounding or Justice by ball handling and defensive pressure. I also see the White kid also having a chance at that position, if he works hard this summer, he played really good during the season - any team can use a rebounder.
The future looks bright for Minford Basketball!
I look for us to visit the convo at least 3 more times in the next 3 years.

Go Falcons! :aaaaa26

art_vandelay
SE

Re: Minford Falcons 2013-2014

Post by art_vandelay »

Minford will be tough again next year and should be battling it out with Valley again for the SOC II crown. JV had some players if I remember right, and their 8th grade class just won the County Tournament, so they should be solid for next few years. Interesting about Rowe...I guess if you moved once, nothing stopping you from doing it again, nor is it surprising at that point.*

bluedude62
Varsity

Post by bluedude62 »

I heard today that McCray is not playing baseball this spring and he will concentrate on football only next year. Doesn't sound like he will be playing BB next year.

Falcon Fury
Freshman Team

Post by Falcon Fury »

KingoftheCourts...you used the word "RUMOR," when speaking of Rowe transferring out. That's the perfect word to use because that's exactly what that is, a BIG RUMOR. Very close with the Rowe family and I assure you that he is a Falcon until graduation. The future looks bright at Minford for this young and talented athlete, not to mention a great kid!

I'm also great friends with the McCray family and bluedude62, McCray did not play baseball this year, but picked up track. Definitely look for him on the court next year as this kid loves basketball. For a big man, he moves so well. He's just what the Falcons need underneath! Another tremendous kid and athlete on and off the court. He will definitely be a great leader this year for the Falcon team.

Looking forward to watching my Falcons this coming season! It should be another great year! Go FALCONS!
Last edited by Falcon Fury on Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

bluedude62
Varsity

Post by bluedude62 »

FalconFury, I hope you are right about McCray and Rowe. For a big man, Jared gets plays the game well and it would be a shame not to see him on the floor his sr. year. Maybe he feels that track will keep him in better shape than baseball.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... what is Rowe's fathers first name ?

THE CLAW IS THE LAW
Riding the Bench

Post by THE CLAW IS THE LAW »

Dave Rowe.

juanmorales
JV Team

Post by juanmorales »

This has to be the year they win State right???

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... thanks THE CLAW IS THE LAW ... thought I might know the dad - but no ... thinking it might be Wes or Danny Rowe ...

Falcon Fury
Freshman Team

Post by Falcon Fury »

buzzkillington wrote:This has to be the year they win State right???
So glad to see your jealousy is carrying over to this upcoming season. Always good to know other fans are worried about the Falcons and their success! I'd say the Falcons will be good again this year. Maybe not state just yet, but another SOC Title looks very achievable!

You should worry about your own team and their success this season.

juanmorales
JV Team

Post by juanmorales »

I just said that this is the year they win state. It's a compliment you idiot

KingoftheCourts
Riding the Bench

All goals are achievable this year for the Falcons. From what I hear all the boys are working real hard during the off season.
All the boys are attending open gyms and working hard on being physically and mentally ready.
Lots of training and lifting going on as well as AAU play. And, from what I hear quite a few of these Falcons are playing on very successful AAU teams.

Stapleton and Justice are playing on the Southern Ohio Magic team which is competing in all their tournaments as well as Gullion is also playing on a team.
Rowe and Kelley are playing for some local team that the Rowe boy's dad coaches. I hear that they have won all of their tournaments so far.
McCray isn't playing AAU but he is right in there with his team getting ready for both of his sports!
I'm really excited for this season! The future is definately looking bright.

Summer ball is right around the corner and Coach Shoe has alot of challenges coming up for the boys.
Keep playing hard!

Remember Falcons......the work you put into the off season pays off during regular season!!!! :aaaaa26

little doggy
Freshman Team

Post by little doggy »

McCray did not play baseball for the simple reason that this is a critical couple of months for him as far as football recruiting, track was for footwork and he hit the weights, June is loaded with football camps that he will be attending or asked to attend.

Blackcobra
Freshman Team

Post by Blackcobra »

Sorry guys 13-14 maybe 14 wins.

KingoftheCourts
Riding the Bench

blackcobra1 wrote:Sorry guys 13-14 maybe 14 wins.
DREAM ON BLACKCOBRA1!!!!

The Mighty Falcons will be right in there for the league title again this year - and you can take that to the BANK!!!!

And by the way "little doggy" - McCray is playing this year! I hear he's even going to play summer ball with the boys!!!!

THE CLAW IS THE LAW
Riding the Bench

Post by THE CLAW IS THE LAW »

Is minford moving up to d 2 this year or staying in d3.

little doggy
Freshman Team

Post by little doggy »

king of courts read my statement , I DIDNT SAY HE WASNT PLAYING BASKETBALL!!!!! now that he has verballed I would say that all football summer camps are off, dont know but that would be a guess probably the best thing for you to do would be stay off the forum I have read your posts in the past and you make yourself and the program look like idiots.

Jeep-ster
Freshman Team

Post by Jeep-ster »

THE CLAW IS THE LAW wrote:Is minford moving up to d 2 this year or staying in d3.
It appears to me Minford will be in Div. 2. from the new enrollment figures. I hope that is not the case, I believe that would be a tough state run for them.

Jankage11
Waterboy

Post by Jankage11 »

Good group of boys, and should have a great season but this team couldn't beat valley with mcbee I don't think they will without him they'll be 2nd in the SOC and in no way is this a slam as 2nd in the SOC may mean they are the 2nd best team in the entire region.

Return to “Boys Basketball”