New Hirings for 2015-2016

Post by juanmorales »

Any news on this?

caldwellbasketball
JV Team

Re: New Hirings for 2015-2016

Post by caldwellbasketball »

Rough list for the upper east part of south east Ohio:
Sheridan-Doug Fisher (long time girls coach)
Maysville-Greg Mitts (my former AD and JV coach)
Shenandoah-hired their JV coach

Cambridge should be filled next week from within.
Glad to see coach Duck back at Marietta

socfan
All Conference

Post by socfan »

Tom Barrick- Eastern Pike

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

I think Barrick is a terrific hire for Eastern. I hate that Fitch is no longer coaching, he was a great guy and a great coach, but Barrick will do well also.

Barrick takes over a very talented team with good young talent coming as well. Bright future for Eastern Pike and I truly believe Tom will be there for more than "just a couple years."

Spartan
All Conference

Post by Spartan »

Sheridan open again. Their last 2 coaches I think were very good.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

That's a WOW for Eastern Pike.

Max Morrow takes over the helm at Jackson.

miggyt
Freshman Team

Post by miggyt »

Jesse Mitchell, former varsity assistant under Eaton and girls assistant last season, is new coach at McClain, replacing retired Joe Wisecup.
Tyler Cassidy, former assistant at Teays Valley, new head coach at Circleville.

And, yes, Barrick is HUGE hire for Eastern Pike.

airforcejm
Varsity

Post by airforcejm »

Manchester will be announcing a new coach in the near future. Heard Lockhart stepped down.

blackshooky
All Conference

Post by blackshooky »

caldwellbasketball wrote:Rough list for the upper east part of south east Ohio:
Sheridan-Doug Fisher (long time girls coach)
Maysville-Greg Mitts (my former AD and JV coach)
Shenandoah-hired their JV coach

Cambridge should be filled next week from within.
Glad to see coach Duck back at Marietta

interesting article about the cambridge job...

CAMBRIDGE, Ohio - Sheryl Weber was told she was out as the boys’ basketball coach at Cambridge High School earlier this month.

“I have no idea why this is happening,” she said.

In two years, she has a winning record at 27-24. She also has the support from her players and their parents.

“She deserves a shot,” Charity Wheeler said. “These kids want to play for her. They will win.”

Parents, like Wheeler, say Weber’s influence goes far beyond the court.

“She’s helping kids get into college,” she said “Kids that probably wouldn’t get in to college.”

Wheeler says 12 of 28 players last year received academic letters.

So, why oust Weber, who is also a teacher in the school system for 36 years?

Superintendent Dennis Dettra said it was recommended by the Athletic Department to hire a new coach.

He couldn’t believe Tuesday night’s decision at the Cambridge City School Board meeting.

“No, I did not,” Dettra said. “I did not foresee that happening. I knew it would be a close vote.”

The board voted down a contract for possible new coach, Ken Braun. Then, board member James Gibson asked Dettra to recommend Weber for the contract. After he did, the board hired Weber with a vote of 3-2.

“I’m thrilled, I’m excited,” Weber said. “Tomorrow we will hit the ground running and I’ll contact the kids tonight and let them know what happened.”

Weber says she knows her approval would not have been possible without her support group encouraging her.

“I’m just really excited and very proud that it turned out this way and that my 36 years actually means something,” she said.

Before the vote, six people, including Weber, got up and addressed the board – asking them to reconsider Weber as the head coach. Wheeler even brought a petition with 279 signatures on it from the community, backing Weber.

Fighting_Scots1
Freshman Team

Post by Fighting_Scots1 »

I don't typically like to comment on these types of things, but I just want to say that I am glad to see two schools make the correct decision to renew contracts for two top notch individuals --- Coach Duckworth at Marietta and Coach Weber at Cambridge. These two go above and beyond the call of duty with their programs and they show that they genuinely care about the young people in their programs. I would like to wish them the best of luck with their respective seasons this winter, and I would like to applaud the districts for making the right decision with the young people's best interests in mind.

Championship
JV Team

Post by Championship »

Just curious, anyone know if the Coal Grove job is open after the falling out with Jay Lucas dad as football coach? Didn't know if his dad's departure would have any involvement in him staying or going ... I get the feeling that if he to is gone that CG is liable to lose several kids to area schools due to coaching.

32hornets
Riding the Bench

Post by 32hornets »

Championship wrote:Just curious, anyone know if the Coal Grove job is open after the falling out with Jay Lucas dad as football coach? Didn't know if his dad's departure would have any involvement in him staying or going ... I get the feeling that if he to is gone that CG is liable to lose several kids to area schools due to coaching.
Boys basketball varsity coaching position is currently open at CG. After 2 consecutive years at the convo. Lots of talent lost with graduation and 1 transfer but lots of young talent left.

Grove4Life
Riding the Bench

Post by Grove4Life »

32hornets wrote:
Championship wrote:Just curious, anyone know if the Coal Grove job is open after the falling out with Jay Lucas dad as football coach? Didn't know if his dad's departure would have any involvement in him staying or going ... I get the feeling that if he to is gone that CG is liable to lose several kids to area schools due to coaching.
Boys basketball varsity coaching position is currently open at CG. After 2 consecutive years at the convo. Lots of talent lost with graduation and 1 transfer but lots of young talent left.
have a feeling the transfer may come back.

Runner00
JV Team

Post by Runner00 »

What's the story on the Adams County jobs? West Union? Manchester?
Last edited by Runner00 on Tue Jun 16, 2015 5:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.

linedrive
Freshman Team

Post by linedrive »

Coal Grove has a BOE meeting tonight, not sure if they will hire a coach.

SportFan08
Riding the Bench

Post by SportFan08 »

GoBigGrover wrote:Coal Grove has a BOE meeting tonight, not sure if they will hire a coach.
Kevin Vanderhoof named head boys basketball coach. Great choice by BOE.

airforcejm
Varsity

Post by airforcejm »

Manchester hired Kyle Pertuset to be their new varsity coach.

sparky
All State

Post by sparky »

what are peruset's credentials? is west union open?

trojan7
JV Team

Post by trojan7 »

Sparky
I believe Pertuset was on staff at Minford for a few years. Coached AAU for a many years as well. Then was coaching middle school at Piketon before taking varsity coaching position for a year or two at Lucas HS in Lucas, OH. He's very full of energy and I think will do a great job at Manchester. Also last I heard West Union was still open.

SouthGallia#1 in bball
Riding the Bench

Post by SouthGallia#1 in bball »

Something like 6-37 at Lucas. Which was something like 6 more wins than they had the previous 2 years, so there's that.

Return to “Boys Basketball”