Waterboy

Piketon @ Zane Trace

Post by Badger26 »

Should be a fun one out in Kinnikinnick in Saturday, thoughts on this one

HamPorter
All Conference

Re: Piketon @ Zane Trace

Post by HamPorter »

Pioneers by 13. They have the size that will give the Redstreaks fits and Evans will be able to handle any pressure that will be put on as well.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Piketon has to get past Southeastern first. Then they can worry about ZT but I'm sure they'll be game planning for both all week.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

I gotta side with ZT at home and size could affect Piketon. I see Piketon winning this matchup at Piketon.

Smokyhollowbandit
JV Team

Post by Smokyhollowbandit »

Should be a good battle Saturday night going to see two types of teams in this one, Zane Trace who likes to slow the pace down and Piketon who likes the up tempo kind of game. Big matchup in the SVC I’ll take the Streaks by 7

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

I'm gonna go with the streaks (obvi) but I do think we could struggle to score against ZT. Haven't seen them play but I heard they are solid on D and very athletic. This game will more than likely be played in the 40's I think this will be close

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

mlittle wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:18 pm I'm gonna go with the streaks (obvi) but I do think we could struggle to score against ZT. Haven't seen them play but I heard they are solid on D and very athletic. This game will more than likely be played in the 40's I think this will be close
They start 5'10 (with long arms), 6'3, 6'4, 6'6, and 6'6, so not only athletic but super long too. They aren't as physical as an Eastern or Unioto on defense, but that length makes a big difference.

I don't have a prediction, but I could see the Streaks struggling with how much ZT is going to try and get the ball inside. If Piketon shoots it well, it should be a heck of a game.

seopcommenter
Riding the Bench
Location: i like to back my statemints up with historical factoids

Post by seopcommenter »

the pionears will discover lighting rods to fend off the redstreaks

zanes trace 62 --- piketown 52

petesweaty
All Conference

Post by petesweaty »

ZT by 10+ at home.

Three peat
Waterboy

Post by Three peat »

cant wait for this game, I’ll take ZT by 15

Badger26
Waterboy

Post by Badger26 »

Size and Athleticism will favor Zane Trace in this one, taking my Pioneers by 12.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

This is a pivotal game in the SVC standings! The winner of this game will take sole possession of second place.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

That is contingent on both teams taking care of business tonight

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

mlittle wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:06 am That is contingent on both teams taking care of business tonight
There are 3 levels of SVC teams this year and even though SE is in that 2nd level and decent, I can't see them beating Piketon, especially at Piketon.

KRS
JV Team

Post by KRS »

After watching SE take both ZT and now Piketon down to the wire on the road this should be a great game.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

KRS wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:55 pm After watching SE take both ZT and now Piketon down to the wire on the road this should be a great game.
This was a very ugly basketball game. All the way around. Both defenses looked decent tonight but offensively both teams struggled, Especially Piketon. Just one of those games but Piketon gutted it out and got the dub.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Piketon will need to play a LOT better to beat ZT tomorrow night!

KRS
JV Team

Post by KRS »

Whatever, Southeastern starting 1 freshman and 3 sophomores had Trace on the ropes late in the game and Paint Valley just like they did Piketon tonight. They just need to learn to win. Piketon just like the others made plays late. Play the same game tomorrow and you all will be just fine.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

KRS wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:21 pm Whatever, Southeastern starting 1 freshman and 3 sophomores had Trace on the ropes late in the game and Paint Valley just like they did Piketon tonight. They just need to learn to win. Piketon just like the others made plays late. Play the same game tomorrow and you all will be just fine.
Looked sloppy to me. I'm sure SE defense had a lot to do with it. They're a gritty team. They always are

KRS
JV Team

Post by KRS »

I don’t know about defense, after the last two non league games and giving up over 75 points each time just nice to be back playing league games where we compete. Best of luck to you all tomorrow night.

Return to “Boys Basketball”