All State

Re: Meigs at Marietti 1/20

Post by VisionQuest »

A little late aren't we??? Lol

VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

Do you have any input about this game? I'm real curious how this one went down.

tigerblue
Freshman Team

Post by tigerblue »

I listened to bits and pieces on the radio. Baer and Bartrum had 25 each (give or take a point). Marietta is a train wreck. Not very talented to begin with, but Marietta has had 4 kids quit and a miriad of addititional issues, all as a result of a piss poor ran program.

E High
All State

Post by E High »

Untill community's rebel and stop watching these programs fall, nothing will change ! Must get good school board members to hire right administers to fix school system in general . Problem is, MANY complain but the good , qualified people won't run for school board ! School board members have a thankless job, but no excuse in most quality people refusing to run .

tigerblue
Freshman Team

Post by tigerblue »

E High wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:06 am Untill community's rebel and stop watching these programs fall, nothing will change ! Must get good school board members to hire right administers to fix school system in general . Problem is, MANY complain but the good , qualified people won't run for school board ! School board members have a thankless job, but no excuse in most quality people refusing to run .
Agreed

3 new board members were sworn in at the beginning of January. Gone are the superintendents’ puppets. In are 3 first timers that recognize changes are in desperate need, not only on the academic side (Marietta is failing across the board), but the athletic side as well. One of the new board members is none other than Coach Mark Duckworth, previous Marietta boys basketball coach whom this administration done dirty and non renewed at the end of his 3rd year. Things are about to change, and I believe for the better. Dawson won’t be back next year (not by his choice), and that’s definitely a step in the right direction for the boys program.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Hope Marietta gets this moving in the right direction.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
E High
All State

Post by E High »

Good news for Marietta ! Hope things work out there and some other places also .

VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

I figure this thread will be locked down soon, so if people want to add more to the conversion you better do it soon. Can't discuss real life events happening at programs. Sensitive millenials running the show.

coonhunter
Waterboy

Post by coonhunter »

WOW! What BS!

tigerblue
Freshman Team

Post by tigerblue »

VisionQuest wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:17 pm I figure this thread will be locked down soon, so if people want to add more to the conversion you better do it soon. Can't discuss real life events happening at programs. Sensitive millenials running the show.
If somebody wants to lock it down, feel free to do so. Just calling it like I see it. I’m sure Pfloyd could chime in on the situation at Marietta. I’m sure he’s had a few conversations with some people in and around the program.

If I listed a few of the more eye opening things that’s happened, the thread would definitely get locked down. Trying to stay within the “boundaries”.

VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

tigerblue wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:05 pm
VisionQuest wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:17 pm I figure this thread will be locked down soon, so if people want to add more to the conversion you better do it soon. Can't discuss real life events happening at programs. Sensitive millenials running the show.
If somebody wants to lock it down, feel free to do so. Just calling it like I see it. I’m sure Pfloyd could chime in on the situation at Marietta. I’m sure he’s had a few conversations with some people in and around the program.

If I listed a few of the more eye opening things that’s happened, the thread would definitely get locked down. Trying to stay within the “boundaries”.
Here at Preps, they want you to Sugarcoat everything
And act like these things don't happen in real life,
Bury your head in the sand that way the problems don't exist. Even though these things are common knowledge in the area and news spreads like wildfire. It's funny really how they lock these threads down over the smallest things.

therealNY
Freshman Team

Post by therealNY »

Millennial optimism = entering into adulthood with unrealistic expectations, which sometimes leads to disillusionment.

Sounds about right.

If you ain't first, you're last!
rickoshay
SEOP

Post by rickoshay »

Marietta Times Newspaper seems to be hiding when it comes to the boys basketball team.
Last article in the paper was the teams loss to Warren in the January 10th edition.
Does this reek of "cover it up and it'll go away" ?

Fletchlives
JV Team

Post by Fletchlives »

And Marietta Times waited like three weeks before they ran an article about Warrrens new football coach. Funny how Warren hired him as asst AD and no one knew there was even a job opening lol

HamPorter
All Conference

Post by HamPorter »

VisionQuest wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:13 pm

Bury your head in the sand that way the problems don't exist. Even though these things are common knowledge in the area and news spreads like wildfire. It's funny really how they lock these threads down over the smallest things.
Vision Quest is my favorite poster. They will be totally normal and rationale and then one thing happens and BOOM! this generation is a bunch of whiny crybabies lol very entertaining to watch a meltdown every so often.

tigerblue
Freshman Team

Post by tigerblue »

rickoshay wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:58 pm Marietta Times Newspaper seems to be hiding when it comes to the boys basketball team.
Last article in the paper was the teams loss to Warren in the January 10th edition.
Does this reek of "cover it up and it'll go away" ?
To be fair to the Times, Marietta hasn’t played a game since the Warren game on the 9th. The Saturday Meigs game was a makeup and I’m pretty sure nobody from Marietta ( mainly the AD), bothered to call the Times and let them know there was a game Saturday night. But, I would have to say the coverage for the boys has been lacking this year.

VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

HamPorter wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:38 pm

Vision Quest is my favorite poster. They will be totally normal and rationale and then one thing happens and BOOM! this generation is a bunch of whiny crybabies lol very entertaining to watch a meltdown every so often.
I'm tired of seeing these threads Locked because you may hurt someone's feelings by telling the truth and talking. About real life situations that are common knowledge. In the Seinfeld episodes we had the Soup Nazi and he would say no Soup for you. Here at Preps we have the Thread Nazi and he says no more comments from you.

MttaFan
Freshman Team

Post by MttaFan »

The fact is very few folks besides parents care about Marietta sports anymore. The Logan’s, Ironton’s, Fort Frye and Waterford have entire communities that pack the stadiums and gyms for school sports. Marietta had that years ago, but no longer unfortunately. We have 600 less students than we did 10 years ago and over 2000 less than we did 25 years ago. The days of the central Ohio league are gone even though some folks won’t accept that reality. We should be playing FF, Belpre, and Caldwell rather than Dover and New Philadelphia.

At some point we need some coaches that stay long enough to build a program,stay out of trouble, tell the bully parents they aren’t needed, and actually emphasize the student part of student athletics.

Okay I feel better, thanks from a diehard frustrated tiger fan.

Pitstop Billy
Freshman Team

Post by Pitstop Billy »

VisionQuest wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:58 pm
HamPorter wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:38 pm
I'm tired of seeing these threads Locked because you may hurt someone's feelings by telling the truth and talking. About real life situations that are common knowledge. In the Seinfeld episodes we had the Soup Nazi and he would say no Soup for you. Here at Preps we have the Thread Nazi and he says no more comments from you.
And you are starting to catch on

Return to “Boys Basketball”