The Tourney at Meigs

fortdawg
All Conference

The Tourney at Meigs

Post by fortdawg »

Let's get the party started. hahahhaha
I'm going to give you my picks on how it should be seeded and eagerly await your responses.
Know ahead of time I give more weight to head to head match ups and SOS than overall records.
You South Webster fans will be disappointed---but I think the TVC teams will take care of themselves.

1 hole, Southern.
They swept Miller and split with Waterford and Trimble they have won 7 or their last 8 and like the rest have one fluke loss

2 hole, the Mighty Falcons.
They split with Waterford beat Trimble at Trimble beat Wellston at Wellston and beat NY at NY while Trimble lost at Buchtel

The next two will be controversial---but I'm punishing both teams for ducking each other till after the draw.

3 hole, Waterford
They split with Miller and Southern and won't play Trimble till after the draw they have a big win against Alex they played a tough schedule
If they had beaten Trimble I'd put them 1 or 2---but they choose not to play.

4 hole, Trimble
They split with Southern Lost to Miller at Trimble beat a Crooskville team at Trimble while Miller lost at Crooksville---but this gets cancelled out by NY
They, like Waterford get punished for not playing.

5 hole, South Webster You deserve better but I wouldn't hold my breath.

6 hole, Belpre

7 hole, Symmes

8 hole, Eastern

9 hole, South Gallia

10 hole, Federal

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Re: The Tourney at Meigs

Post by LucasDavenport »

I don’t think South Webster fans expect any higher. I think we will be a 6 seed. We are 7-10. That’s about what we deserve at this point.

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk
93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

So Trimble is alone in 1st place in the Hocking, yet a 4 seed?

U savage

Lol

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

The 1, 3, 6 seeds all avoid Coal Grove throughout the districts. That’ll be considered by the coaches anting to make a long run and not just win one and go to the Convo

fireball
Freshman Team

Post by fireball »

trimble will be the one seed

celticpride
Freshman Team

Post by celticpride »

Definitely think Southern deserves the 1 seed, the way they are playing now. Beat Miller and Waterford on the road in the same week. Trimble has not played Waterford yet or at Miller. Lost to Miller at home. Southern lost close game at Trimble and beat them in convincing fashion at home. I

Jumanji
Waterboy

Post by Jumanji »

Southern should be the number one seed. They have played the most difficult schedule thus far.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

What are the bad losses from the #1 considered teams?

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Ironman92 wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2018 4:37 pm What are the bad losses from the #1 considered teams?
You can go here and see most of the schedules/results ... http://trivalleyconference.com/Basketball.html

fortdawg
All Conference

Post by fortdawg »

93Bulldog wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2018 2:02 pm So Trimble is alone in 1st place in the Hocking, yet a 4 seed?

U savage

Lol
There is a big 4 in the Hocking, Trimble, Waterford, Miller, and Southern.

Trimble split with Southern and has lost to Miller and purposely put a make up game with Waterford till after the draw.

So out of the 6 big games they are 1-2.

They have the toughest row to hoe of the top 4 teams----they go to Miller and Waterford----and play Waterford at Glouster

If they can win 2 of those 3 then I have them in the wrong spot----if they lose 2 of the 3...I'll stand with what I have.

Miller has to win at Belpre Tuesday to stay where I have them.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

93Bulldog wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2018 5:00 pm
Ironman92 wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2018 4:37 pm What are the bad losses from the #1 considered teams?
You can go here and see most of the schedules/results ... http://trivalleyconference.com/Basketball.html
Thanks....it’s tight

1. Trimble
2. Southern
3. Waterford
4. Miller

It’s tight, they all are beating each other

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

head to head matters, but you gotta take care of business elsewhere. Can't lose to South Gallia and think the No. 1 seed will just be handed your way.

Trimble (11-4),(8-2)
Southern (12-5),(9-3)
Waterford (9-6),(9-3)
Miller (11-6),(9-4)

fortdawg
All Conference

Post by fortdawg »

Taking care of business? I would call sweeping Miller and splitting with Trimble taking care of business----especially when Miller beat Trimble at Trimble.

Ironman92, you are right those teams are beating each other. Trimble's record against those other 3 right now is 1-2.

I don't think that rates a number one seed. If they win out then that's another story---but we won't know that till after the seeding and one reason we won't is Waterford and Trimble put their makeup after the seeding.

I think it sets a bad precedent if they don't pay a price for that. Should every team set their make ups after the draw?

HamPorter
All Conference

Post by HamPorter »

1. Trimble
2. Southern
3. Waterford
4. Miller

celticpride
Freshman Team

Post by celticpride »

No way would 1 seed would be handed to Southern. They have earned it by what they have done in past two weeks. Beating Miller and Waterford on the road in same week is impressive in the TVC Hocking. Also, they are 4-2 against the teams mentioned earlier that Trimble is 1-2 against.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

My predictions

1.) Trimble
2.) Southern
3.) Miller
4.) Waterford
5.) Symmes
6.) Belpre
7.) South Webster
8.) South Gallia
9.) Eastern
10.) Federal Hocking

I would think some team will be very happy with the 3 or 4-5 seeds because it avoids South Webster. Not that they're great this season, but Blevins will be back and they have proved in the past they can win in this sectional with any seed.

The problem is the 4-5 winner takes on Coal Grove and I would think any team that realistically thinks they have a shot to win the district will avoid that side of the bracket. Coal Grove is clearly the best D4 team in SE Ohio and I don't see anyone very close to them. Due to that, the other side of the bracket is wide open and I see around 5-6 teams that are capable of winning the district title. The #3 seed here looks to be the best seed because it avoids South Webster in the sectional AND avoids Coal Grove at the Convo.

However, keep in mind that strength of schedule is never respected here. Look back at previous seedings, they go entirely off of wins/losses. The team with the most wins will be the #1 seed and the rest will be seeded by number of wins.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

If they 'earned' it, they wouldn't be a game back of Trimble in the standings. The loss to a (5-12) Nelsonville-York and (6-11) South Gallia will hurt the Tornadoes. They also lost to both Trimble and Waterford. They did avenge those losses, but they are losses none the less. I'm not saying Southern can or can not be the No. 1, I'm just saying its nowhere near a done deal.

Jumanji
Waterboy

Post by Jumanji »

I have scene several TVC Hocking games and Southern is better than Trimble imo. Trimble benifits from not playing Waterford or at Miller yet. Trimble lost to Miller at Trimble and to NY.. Southern beat Miller twice and had 25 point lead against Trimble in third quarter and led 49 to 28 at half.. Southern led Miller by 18 at Miller. They won both these games by double didgets. Southern deserves consideration to be the number one seed.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Trimble a little more D3 heavy scheduling though too. Lost to NY early back when NY was winning. Beat Crooksville, Wellston, played Alexander.

I do believe there shouldn’t be any games after the seedings. It would make every sectional fairer to seed. Bad losses to bad D4 teams have to matter a little.

TVC
Varsity

Post by TVC »

Today Trimble at SG will have an impact on seeding

Return to “Boys Basketball”