Convo 3/3 6:30PM (1) Oak Hill v (5) Paint Valley

4thgoal
SEOPS

Re: PAINT VALLEY VS OAK HILL

Post by 4thgoal »

OHHS old timer wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:15 pm First team to score 50-55 wins???
If both teams are over 50.....I think that favors Paint Valley. If Norm controls the tempo and keeps the score around 52-40 or something similar, I think the Oaks will win.

joeboggs1
JV Team

Post by joeboggs1 »

Will be interesting to see how it plays out. Pv has played a lot of zone this year, so maybe that will fit into the Oaks plan to slow the game down??

One thing from the Eastern Brown game that caught me off guard, was Shoemaker elected to extend the defense to 3 quarter court. I questioned this move initially, but it turned out to be quite savvy.

Can’t wait for this matchup!

Swiftly&Quickly13
Waterboy

Post by Swiftly&Quickly13 »

Landon & Nolan overrated, Oak Hill overrated

baseball16
All Conference

Post by baseball16 »

Swiftly&Quickly13 wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:09 pm Landon & Nolan overrated, Oak Hill overrated
First off: These are H.S. Kids who have sacrificed Blood, Sweat, and Tears towards their Teammates and Coaches. That should be Applauded! Secondly, Both are very good players. One is a 1000 Point Scorer. That my friend is not overrated.
Third: You should be banned from this site!

scott1297
All Conference

Post by scott1297 »

Oak Hill big in this one!

Burg grad 85
NoPain23
Freshman Team

Post by NoPain23 »

Swingle too much for oak hill. 41-35 Paint valley

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

joeboggs1 wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2018 4:46 pm Will be interesting to see how it plays out. Pv has played a lot of zone this year, so maybe that will fit into the Oaks plan to slow the game down??
If PV sits back in a zone, they better have a lead. If they are in a zone and behind even 4-5, they won't see the ball for several minutes.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

4thgoal wrote: Thu Mar 01, 2018 2:05 pm
joeboggs1 wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2018 4:46 pm Will be interesting to see how it plays out. Pv has played a lot of zone this year, so maybe that will fit into the Oaks plan to slow the game down??
If PV sits back in a zone, they better have a lead. If they are in a zone and behind even 4-5, they won't see the ball for several minutes.
Isn't this what happened with Southeastern against Oak Hill last year? Shortened the game and gave the less skilled team a chance to win.

PV played their zone against Eastern and were able to turn them over to win the game, so they can still cause havoc with it as their guards are very quick defensively.

bc181700
Freshman Team

Post by bc181700 »

I understand that this is essentially an oxymoron, but if Oak Hill pushes the tempo, I think they win without question.
But with that said, I'm not sure I've seen a Persin-coached team "push the tempo" very often.

Best way to beat a zone with a very good 6'10" - 6'11" force of nature in the middle... don't let them set up in it. (or shoot lights out from 18-25 ft :D )

joeboggs1
JV Team

Post by joeboggs1 »

Pv handeled the pressure and the fast game very well against EB. I can’t imagine Oak Hill can match the chaos and scrappiness EB showed.

Pv’s guard are very athletic and aren’t afraid to pressure the ball and take chances in passing lanes. It’s obvious they know they have a 6’11” presence waiting behind them in the paint.

Hermes
Waterboy

Re: Convo 3/3 6:30PM (1) Oak Hill v (5) Paint Valley

Post by Hermes »

If OH plays loose and pushes the pace like they did earlier in the season when they were actually playing really good b-ball and steam rolling people and not this boring, hard to watch brand of b-ball that has been going on for the past 6-8wks, I’ll take the Oaks by 15-20 but if nothing changes I’ll look for the same outcome as last yr.
This team plays better at an up tempo pace to where everyone can get into a rhythm and actually play to their abilities! Guess we’ll see come Sat at 630 whether or not Norm lets go of the reins!

gametime
SE

Post by gametime »

I think everyone has forgot Defense wins ball games, Oak Hill gave up 27 points to Megis last game and only 5 ( Repeat ) 5 in the second half. Oaks are a different team from last year.

You can't handle the truth
bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

joeboggs1 wrote: Thu Mar 01, 2018 7:56 pm Pv handeled the pressure and the fast game very well against EB. I can’t imagine Oak Hill can match the chaos and scrappiness EB showed.

Pv’s guard are very athletic and aren’t afraid to pressure the ball and take chances in passing lanes. It’s obvious they know they have a 6’11” presence waiting behind them in the paint.
Oak Hill is undeniably more athletic than Eastern Brown. That's not a knock on Eastern Brown, Oak Hill's front 5 is one of the most athletic in the area.

I truly think Oak Hill sends a message and wins by 15-18, or perhaps even more.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
Sportsman
Riding the Bench

Post by Sportsman »

Pace of play is always a key with OAK HILL, but sometimes the opponent has a lot to do with it. Have not seen but 4 games this season but the game at SOUTH WEBSTER they only had 5 points at the half and refused to shoot the ball. Indeed OAK HILL is a better team at a fast pace but they are very disciplined as well to play both ways.

joeboggs1
JV Team

Post by joeboggs1 »

bbjunky81 wrote: Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:43 am
joeboggs1 wrote: Thu Mar 01, 2018 7:56 pm Pv handeled the pressure and the fast game very well against EB. I can’t imagine Oak Hill can match the chaos and scrappiness EB showed.

Oak Hill is undeniably more athletic than Eastern Brown. That's not a knock on Eastern Brown, Oak Hill's front 5 is one of the most athletic in the area.

I have no doubt you are correct that OH is more athletic than EB, and I didn't mean that previous comment as knock on OH. I was just thoroughly impressed with how scrappy EB was. They subbed constantly and just brought pressure after pressure. They contested every pass and every rebound. They just seemed to play at a very frantic pace by design. I expect OH to be much more deliberate and methodical in what they do.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

joeboggs1 wrote: Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:59 am
bbjunky81 wrote: Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:43 am

I have no doubt you are correct that OH is more athletic than EB, and I didn't mean that previous comment as knock on OH. I was just thoroughly impressed with how scrappy EB was. They subbed constantly and just brought pressure after pressure. They contested every pass and every rebound. They just seemed to play at a very frantic pace by design. I expect OH to be much more deliberate and methodical in what they do.
I agree with all points! This should be a fun game to watch. As many have stated, this almost seems like a great time for Persin to "let his athletes go/run," but that's not atypical of him.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

good luck oaks!!! keep doin your thing

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
Beagle12
Waterboy

Post by Beagle12 »

Coach Shoe pulls this one out. Paint Valley in 45-43 barnburner.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

GET ER DONE OAKS.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
beaverlover
SE

Post by beaverlover »

Should be a dandy,Swingle and Bearcats will give Oaks trouble,but I think similar to last year, Oaks win a tight one 50-48.

Return to “Boys Basketball”