Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio - Pre Season 2019-20 ...

CavalierAlum05
Varsity

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio - Pre Season 2019-20 ...

Post by CavalierAlum05 »

Has anyone seen the Chillicothe schedule by chance?

unioto -scrimmage
Gahanna Lincoln - Scrimmage
Logan Elm
Zane Trace
Adena
Cincinnati Moeller :shock:
St Charles
Upper Arlington
Canal Winchester
Warren

Find a harder schedule in southern Ohio. I respect coach Huffer and the challenge he is giving these young men. They will be ready come tourney.

Smeltzy
Varsity

Post by Smeltzy »

CavalierAlum05 wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 3:15 pm Has anyone seen the Chillicothe schedule by chance?

unioto -scrimmage
Gahanna Lincoln - Scrimmage
Logan Elm
Zane Trace
Adena
Cincinnati Moeller :shock:
St Charles
Upper Arlington
Canal Winchester
Warren

Find a harder schedule in southern Ohio. I respect coach Huffer and the challenge he is giving these young men. They will be ready come tourney.
They also have top 5 preseason Fairfield Union in the middle of the season.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Ukfanatic wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 11:11 am Love the lists and PFloyd and respect his opinion. It is fun to discuss agree and disagree as we go. That being said, there is no way Waverly is only 22. They proved in the Jackson league when everyone is there they are one of if not the best team there. As good or better than Jackson and absolutely better than Wheelersburg.
... Waverly vs Warren in the Piketon Classic ... 11/30 ... 5pm will be an outstanding match-up !!! the Tigers have the chance to impress pfloyd with pfloyd in the house ...

... at the time I did the pre-season rankings I hadn't heard of Jackson NOT being at full strength (ie. Davis not playing) ... Zane Trace for that matter has multiple players coming off of knee issues - not sure how they will be BUT pfloyd will see the Pioneers in person on 11/29 at the ZT Tip off Classic ... New Boston wasn't AS loaded as they are now - they too will get the pfloyd eye test on 11/30 in the opening contest vs Southeastern ... Chesapeake had not lost Archer or Hutchison as yet either ... so there will be early adjustments after the 1st week of action for sure BUT pfloyd will have seen 13 games in that 1st week of action! New Boston, Warren, Waverly, McClain, Washington CH, Logan Elm, Jackson, Zane Trace, North Adams, Unioto, Peebles ... a GREAT first week of "eyes on" some top teams ...

goindians42
Riding the Bench

Post by goindians42 »

Hoopie74 you are right! Most of the varsity players have put a lot of individual work in all summer long. Anxious to see practice start and get them working together. I think the depth is going to be hard for a lot of teams to contend with. I see us being able to go 10 deep every game.
Go Peebles!

Ukfanatic
Varsity

Post by Ukfanatic »

Add to chillicothes schedule Jackson twice and what should be a trip to Waverly if they are still on the schedule and it is easily the toughest schedule in southern Ohio.

Reds Fan
JV Team

Post by Reds Fan »

Just got the chance to read the list. Great job as always Pfloyd

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

pfloyd wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 6:30 pm Logan will not be an Elite 8 team in the preseason BUT the Chieftains have a lot of talent that will be senior talent this coming season - the JV team was mostly ALL juniors this past season - size/maturity will be there with a BIG man in the middle in 6-6/6-7 Justin Wolfe ... Logan will have ANOTHER Myers on varsity ( Tegan - soph to be ... Bo Myers' cousin) Tegan got varsity minutes and will be one of the few returnees with varsity experience (along with Justin Wolfe) ... Chiefs will surprise teams this next season - remember the names - Tegan Myers, Nolan Robinette, Justin Wolfe, Colten Castle , Colton Ruff, Conner Ruff, with another (soph next yr) who will get some varsity minutes in Mason Frasure ... as to where they end up in the rankings will depend on how quickly they adjust to the varsity game speed/strength of bodies and the learning curve for improvement ... look forward to seeing what next years schedule looks like ! along with the summer schedule as well - interested to see how the group is divided up - varsity & JVs ...

Will Logan have a Angle playing this year? Might be coming up from the freshman team and was injured towards the end of the year.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

goindians42 wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 10:36 pm Hoopie74 you are right! Most of the varsity players have put a lot of individual work in all summer long. Anxious to see practice start and get them working together. I think the depth is going to be hard for a lot of teams to contend with. I see us being able to go 10 deep every game.
Go Peebles!
There are a few from the reserve team and last year's freshman team that will be studs in a couple. As soon as Coach works with them they will be head Turner's. Always reloading. Good program all the way down.We are getting a bunch of kids involved. Our future is bright.

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

The Peebles Indians Start out the Season with Fairfield,Paint Valley,North Adams (away in a very hostile environment against our biggest rival and a team that is picked to win the Shac.).Then they will possibly be matched up again with North Adams again in the Holiday tournament.
Starting the new year they will play Lynchburg,New Boston,Ripley Away Trimble Away. Later in the month they will play Western Latham,Federal Hocking away,Chesapeake away, and finish with Miami Trace at home.
This is a gauntlet that we have each year:. I feel the Indians will finish in Pfloyds Top 20 In the Shac you seldom have an undefeated season and the Teams we play starting out the year are a testament. Top to bottom this league will be pretty good. In Big school Shac I think : Eastern,North Adams,Ripley will be strong with NA probably the best ,but; any night could be a loss. In Small school I think it will again be Peebles, Fairfield and I believe Whiteoak will be close along with an underrated Fayetteville team. Time to roll the ball out and see who's ready for March Madness.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

19 days until opening day/night tip offs !!!

Braves00
Freshman Team

Post by Braves00 »

pfloyd wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:47 pm 19 days until opening day/night tip offs !!!
Any word on how LE did against Grove City

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Braves00 wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 5:40 pm
pfloyd wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:47 pm 19 days until opening day/night tip offs !!!
Any word on how LE did against Grove City
... surprisingly quiet on ALL fronts after the first scrimmages of the preseason ...

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

SHAC previews in 2 weeks. Season just around the corner.Pfloyd, get in touch with C-103 radio in West Union and get Don Bowles to give you a SHAC basketball schedule. It has all games for all teams SHAC,boys and girls for the year,all on a pocket sized pamphlet.

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

burgfella69 wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 2:26 pm Does North Adams have a senior led team or is it a combination of juniors and seniors?
North Adams will once again be a good mix of Juniors and Seniors. They will match up against Peebles early season,then probably play again in holiday classic. The SHAC will beat teams up so I don't expect any team will go undefeated. North Adams will be a hand full.

thebull
Varsity

Post by thebull »

North Adams starts 2 seniors & 3 juniors. They have 3 seniors total.

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

I saw North Adams this summer, and they indeed will be one of the favorites to go to the D3 regionals. Summer basketball sometimes does not relate to the regular season, but in the case of the Green Devils I don't see how they could not have a great 2019-2020.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

I heard that Circleville had a rough scrimmage last night vs Fisher. Not a whole lot you can really take away from an admittedly vague description. “Lost” three of the five periods played.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Missing a great scrimmage going on now at RIO - Jackson/Fairland/Warren/Fairfield Union ... had a "life" situation to attend to today or I would have been there myself ... T-SYS I'm sure will be there - hoping to get a good post scrimmage rundown of those 4 top teams in SEOhio hoops for this upcoming season ... Warren going without their floor leader in Seth Dennis (our continued prayers for Seth & the family) ... FU will sport lots of length and size Ryan MaGill/Andrew Moll/Huston Harrah - the key is who steps in to be the PG for FU to control the offensive end of the floor ? ... Fairland is the favorite along with Ironton to be at the top of the OVC - Clayton Thomas/Jacob Polcyn/Aiden Porter lead the way for the Dragons ... Jackson - you talk Ironmen you HAVE to start with my pick as the best PG in SEOhio - Caleb Wallis ... last year he showed the whole package - he developed his perimeter scoring game from downtown making himself a threat from anywhere on the floor - off the dribble/penetration into the paint to dish the ball or kick it out/3 point scorer ... add to it he IS the toughest player no matter the size in the game - love this kids game (total class as he reached out to the Dennis family in their time of need this past week - CW is a keeper on and off the court) ... Caden Donaldson/ Drew Bragg/Evan Spires/ last I heard (maybe wrong) is that Treylan Davis was not playing roundball this season IHS will miss his size for sure if this IS the case ...

Anyone in attendance today at RIO give us your take on each of these outstanding TEAMS coached by some of the best in SEO - Coach Maddox (Warren), Coach Speed (Fairland), Coach Eversole (FU), Coach Morrow (Jackson) ...

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

I gave a Jackson loaded rundown and gave the others some mentions. I don’t know their names mostly. Couldn’t see the score on other court so don’t know how Fairland/Warren/FU matched up vs each other. I put it all on the Jackson Ironmen thread

Tri-StateYouthSports
SEOP

Post by Tri-StateYouthSports »

Rio scrimmage - Fairland results vs Warren/Jackson/Fairfield Union
  1. Fairland 16 - 7 Warren
  2. Jackson 14 - 9 Fairland
  3. Fairland 12 - 11 Fairfield Union
  4. Fairland 15 - 8 Warren
  5. Jackson 17 - 9 Fairland
  6. Fairland 14 - 11 Fairfield Union

Return to “Boys Basketball”