I'm psyched ! The Pfloyd 2019-20 Tour is coming together ...

mlittle
SEOP

Re: I'm psyched ! The Pfloyd 2019-20 Tour is coming together ...

Post by mlittle »

Big Daddy 7371 wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:30 pm pfloyd whats your expectatios on the SVC this year. Zane Trace might have some heath issues starting out.with nesser coming back off knee surgery and davis with ankle issues. Adena lost 2 of there better players and leading scorer in Zach Fout and fouglesong underneath and Unioto bringing back a lot back and getting the transfer from Southeastern inside this will be interesting year
You didn’t ask me but my opinion is top 3 will be

ZT
Adena
Unioto

No particular order

football life
Freshman Team

Post by football life »

mlittle wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:05 pm
Big Daddy 7371 wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:30 pm pfloyd whats your expectatios on the SVC this year. Zane Trace might have some heath issues starting out.with nesser coming back off knee surgery and davis with ankle issues. Adena lost 2 of there better players and leading scorer in Zach Fout and fouglesong underneath and Unioto bringing back a lot back and getting the transfer from Southeastern inside this will be interesting year

ZT
Adena
Unioto

No particular order
ZT and Adena are 1a & 1b. A/B depends on ZT's health.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

football life wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 11:23 pm
mlittle wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:05 pm

ZT
Adena
Unioto

No particular order
ZT and Adena are 1a & 1b. A/B depends on ZT's health.
ZT 1

Adena unioto 2a and 2b

Adena lost more than anyone in those top 3. Return a good junior class but lost 2 big pieces to graduation. 1 being a 1st team all league player.

Rosscoresident
Freshman Team

Post by Rosscoresident »

I believe it’s ZT at 1, Adena at 2. PV and U will battle for 3rd is the way I see it
Last edited by Rosscoresident on Wed Oct 23, 2019 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Big Daddy 7371
Varsity

Post by Big Daddy 7371 »

wow strong words whats adena have that unioto dosent just asking

Rosscoresident
Freshman Team

Post by Rosscoresident »

Adena was 11-3 in the league last year. Went to Regionals. Lost Zach Fout and Caleb Foglesong. The rest of the team were sophomores. They are a year older and stronger. If every returner averages a couple more points and a rebound per game more, they replace the production that they lost. They also added shooting and defense to the team in Cade McKee. I just don’t see a big drop off from last season. Time will tell.

Ps. I don’t see that what I said was “strong words” . I’m just predicting a similar finish to last year. ZT 1. Adena 2

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Rosscoresident wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 11:47 am Adena was 11-3 in the league last year. Went to Regionals. Lost Zach Fout and Caleb Foglesong. The rest of the team were sophomores. They are a year older and stronger. If every returner averages a couple more points and a rebound per game more, they replace the production that they lost. They also added shooting and defense to the team in Cade McKee. I just don’t see a big drop off from last season. Time will tell.

Ps. I don’t see that what I said was “strong words” . I’m just predicting a similar finish to last year. ZT 1. Adena 2
I don’t disagree. I think the next 2 years of unioto and Adena will be battles each game.

Big Daddy 7371
Varsity

Post by Big Daddy 7371 »

ok ill agree on somethings. but adena will have no inside game ZT starting 5 if healthy will win the league but the have no bench get them in foul trouble different game.just saying unioto is better than people think

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Big Daddy 7371 wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 12:55 pm ok ill agree on somethings. but adena will have no inside game ZT starting 5 if healthy will win the league but the have no bench get them in foul trouble different game.just saying unioto is better than people think
Unioto had a great summer. Hoping the kids can take that into the season. I think when it’s all said and done Unioto will be right there in the mix for the league title. We can argue those three teams all we want but I think they will all be right there.

Big Daddy 7371
Varsity

Post by Big Daddy 7371 »

agree mlittle

Rosscoresident
Freshman Team

Post by Rosscoresident »

mlittle wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 1:00 pm
Big Daddy 7371 wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 12:55 pm ok ill agree on somethings. but adena will have no inside game ZT starting 5 if healthy will win the league but the have no bench get them in foul trouble different game.just saying unioto is better than people think
Unioto had a great summer. Hoping the kids can take that into the season. I think when it’s all said and done Unioto will be right there in the mix for the league title. We can argue those three teams all we want but I think they will all be right there.
My intention is not to argue anything about any team. That is silly to do. They will settle that on the court. All I’m doing is making a prediction. I answered the question as to why I believe Adena will finish in the top 2 because I was asked. My prediction is that ZT will win the league, Adena will finish 2nd and Unioto and PV will be the next 2 teams. If you want to bookmark my prediction and tell me I was wrong in February, then I can take it. Lol

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Rosscoresident wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 1:38 pm
mlittle wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 1:00 pm
My intention is not to argue anything about any team. That is silly to do. They will settle that on the court. All I’m doing is making a prediction. I answered the question as to why I believe Adena will finish in the top 2 because I was asked. My prediction is that ZT will win the league, Adena will finish 2nd and Unioto and PV will be the next 2 teams. If you want to bookmark my prediction and tell me I was wrong in February, then I can take it. Lol
Guess I didn’t mean argue. Argue/discuss 🤷‍♂️ Same difference, lol. I think you’re on the right track. I just think unioto/Adena is gonna be tight. Heck it was tight last year both games. Could go either way in my opinion. If ZT isn’t healthy when they play either of those teams they’ll be in for a tight one too.

se-alum
All Conference

Post by se-alum »

Rosscoresident wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 11:47 am Adena was 11-3 in the league last year. Went to Regionals. Lost Zach Fout and Caleb Foglesong. The rest of the team were sophomores. They are a year older and stronger. If every returner averages a couple more points and a rebound per game more, they replace the production that they lost. They also added shooting and defense to the team in Cade McKee. I just don’t see a big drop off from last season. Time will tell.

I've heard that Garrison has taken huge strides over the summer and through the fall. He has to stay healthy though. I actually think Adena will be a better team this year. Yea, Fout was a really good player, and Fogleson was your dirty work guy, but a year of growth in this now Junior class will be a big help.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

se-alum wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 2:46 pm

I've heard that Garrison has taken huge strides over the summer and through the fall. He has to stay healthy though. I actually think Adena will be a better team this year. Yea, Fout was a really good player, and Fogleson was your dirty work guy, but a year of growth in this now Junior class will be a big help.
I think they’ll be good but I can’t see them having a better basketball team than last year. You don’t lose a first team all league player in Fout and a kid like Foglesong and get better.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Big Daddy ... just like everyone else I have to go with a proven commodity in Zane Trace & Coach K to lead the pack - everyone back (minus Ison to replaced imo by Luke Johnson who is excellent) from an outstanding, Elite 8 team ... the question marks as you pointed out is what I had heard as well over the summer season - injuries/surgeries to Nesser and Davidson ... just have to go with ZT as the team to beat until they aren't ... Adena has all of those juniors this season - Garrison/Bennett/Sykes/Throckmorton/Shipley but they will miss the leadership/athleticism of Fout/Fogelsong losing these 2 makes you weaker right from the git'go ... Unioto will be right there with Adena in pushing ZT for the SVC CHP ... the U was in their rebuilding year last season playing EVERYONE which allowed MANY to see varsity PT ... add in the SE 6-6 transfer ... look for good things from a well coached UHS bunch this season ... I have Paint Valley and Piketon in the next level followed by Southeastern/Westfall/Huntington ... I'll get to see ZT twice once at the ZT tip off and then the following Thursday @ Logan Elm, Unioto vs Logan, SE vs New Boston, Westfall vs McClain, Piketon vs Whiteoak, Paint Valley vs Peebles, Huntington vs Nelsonville York ... the only SVC team I will not see in the opening week of the season is Adena (unless they fill one of the spots open at the ZT Tip Off Classic) ...

se-alum
All Conference

Post by se-alum »

pfloyd wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 1:27 pm
Big Daddy ... just like everyone else I have to go with a proven commodity in Zane Trace & Coach K to lead the pack - everyone back (minus Ison to replaced imo by Luke Johnson who is excellent) from an outstanding, Elite 8 team ... the question marks as you pointed out is what I had heard as well over the summer season - injuries/surgeries to Nesser and Davidson ... just have to go with ZT as the team to beat until they aren't ... Adena has all of those juniors this season - Garrison/Bennett/Sykes/Throckmorton/Shipley but they will miss the leadership/athleticism of Fout/Fogelsong losing these 2 makes you weaker right from the git'go ... Unioto will be right there with Adena in pushing ZT for the SVC CHP ... the U was in their rebuilding year last season playing EVERYONE which allowed MANY to see varsity PT ... add in the SE 6-6 transfer ... look for good things from a well coached UHS bunch this season ... I have Paint Valley and Piketon in the next level followed by Southeastern/Westfall/Huntington ... I'll get to see ZT twice once at the ZT tip off and then the following Thursday @ Logan Elm, Unioto vs Logan, SE vs New Boston, Westfall vs McClain, Piketon vs Whiteoak, Paint Valley vs Peebles, Huntington vs Nelsonville York ... the only SVC team I will not see in the opening week of the season is Adena (unless they fill one of the spots open at the ZT Tip Off Classic) ...
The transfer of Cade McKee to Adena will help them also. They also have a Sophomore class that was right there with SE and ZT through their Jr. High years. We'll see how Wilt, McDonald, and Rawlings can contribute. I think they make Adena a deeper team this year.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... lots of scrimmages Saturday all across SEO !!! won't be able to see any this weekend - got a weekend commitment ... look forward to hearing how everyone looks early in the preseason ... please post what you see ... watched some of the Logan practice Thursday night - lots of talented athletes! next to no varsity experience ... need to have a short learning curve in the preseason/early in the season ... Coach Rider & staff will be looking to fill the first 7 slots that graduated from last seasons outstanding senior laden squad ... my first look at LHS will be on the road at Unioto on the 6th - should be a good game as the U is very deep and talented this season... look forward to seeing Coach Hoops, Coach Bruce for the U ! good people at the U ...

Braves00
Freshman Team

Post by Braves00 »

Any word on LE’s scrimmage last night against Grove City

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Any words about the scrimmages from Saturday ?!!!

TheFlyingDutchman
JV Team

Post by TheFlyingDutchman »

Any chance the tour makes it south of Portsmouth ? :D

Return to “Boys Basketball”