47%
Waterford
1%

Total votes: 92

Leave No Doubt
Riding the Bench

Re: TVC-Hocking 2019-20

Post by Leave No Doubt »

JC2124 wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 11:53 am Southern isn’t gonna outrun the Lancers. They are putting up 75 a game. They key to both match ups will be Southerns ability to run with them. I don’t see it happening at either place. Southern comes to Stewart this Friday. Early game with big ramifications for the standings. Can’t wait to see it.
Fed won't beat us in Racine. Bank on it.

LEAVE NO DOUBT, TORNADOES!
Scottyboy
Riding the Bench

Post by Scottyboy »

Leave No Doubt wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 12:07 pm
JC2124 wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 11:53 am Southern isn’t gonna outrun the Lancers. They are putting up 75 a game. They key to both match ups will be Southerns ability to run with them. I don’t see it happening at either place. Southern comes to Stewart this Friday. Early game with big ramifications for the standings. Can’t wait to see it.
You sound very sure of yourself. Do you know something nobody else knows? Better hope Southern can hold the Lancers to under 75-80 points.
Last edited by Scottyboy on Mon Dec 16, 2019 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JC2124
Varsity

Post by JC2124 »

Leave No Doubt wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 12:07 pm
We will find out soon enough. That’s why I love this time of year. How about a friendly bet lol. I win you have to wear lancer gear to one home game and if you win I have to wear southern gear to a home game!? I will provide you with some Lancer gear.

EnglishBulldog
Waterboy

Post by EnglishBulldog »

Cant we all just agree its nice to see both programs doing well again and adding more depth to the TVC Hocking?

Tomkitty
Waterboy

Post by Tomkitty »

Amen! Fed Hock, Trimble and Southern are at the top. Eastern, Belpre, South Gallia and Wahama all have the potential of pulling off wins. Would much rather see the league be competitive than have one or two on top with no real competition. What makes it even better is that what we are seeing is the results of hard work and not just talent. Fed Hock would not be throwing up 70 points every game if those men hadn't worked hard in the off season. And I AM NOT saying that they aren't talented. But we all know that hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard.

JC2124
Varsity

Post by JC2124 »

I’m thrilled that the league is competitive! FH hasn’t been relevant in a long time so we are enjoying being in the conversation. I like Southern and I think they will be a tough out. It’s just a healthy debate which makes it fun. I know a lot of the folks in Racine. Good people and my son plays baseball with some tornadoes.

Trimble Juvenile
Varsity

Post by Trimble Juvenile »

JC2124 wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 12:39 pm I’m thrilled that the league is competitive! FH hasn’t been relevant in a long time so we are enjoying being in the conversation. I like Southern and I think they will be a tough out. It’s just a healthy debate which makes it fun. I know a lot of the folks in Racine. Good people and my son plays baseball with some tornadoes.
Better be about 10 deep when you go to Southern. At least your best 3 will be on the bench early in both halves with foul trouble. :o

JC2124
Varsity

Post by JC2124 »

That’s just life on the road lol. Belpre was a treat too. At least you have Howie. He can work a ref!

Tomkitty
Waterboy

Post by Tomkitty »

I made it to Trimble last night to watch what I hoped would be a great game. Other than Eastern coming in completely unprepared and their coach getting completely out coached in the first half, it probably would have a good game to watch. Eastern went down by about 16 in the first half due to no offence, inability to inbound a ball and absolutely no visible changes to stop Trimble's offense from their defense. Trimble is a typical Howie team - pressure on D and easy layups on O. Credit to Eastern to get it down to about 9. The lost by 4, but that was their starters versus Trimble's JV for the last 2 minutes of the game. Eastern is going to have a tough time finding wins without an offence and an inability to inbound the ball.

Ground Buck
All Conference

Post by Ground Buck »

Tomkitty wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 12:09 pm I made it to Trimble last night to watch what I hoped would be a great game. Other than Eastern coming in completely unprepared and their coach getting completely out coached in the first half, it probably would have a good game to watch. Eastern went down by about 16 in the first half due to no offence, inability to inbound a ball and absolutely no visible changes to stop Trimble's offence from their defense. Trimble is a typical Howie team - pressure on D and easy layups on O. Credit to Eastern to get it down to about 9. The lost by 4, but that was their starters versus Trimble's JV for the last 2 minutes of the game. Eastern is going to have a tough time finding wins without an offence and an inability to inbound the ball.
Who are you to judge when you can't even spell offense? :mrgreen:

Disclaimer: This is all an opinion and I am therefore hoping we can still express opinions on this site without retort.
Tomkitty
Waterboy

Post by Tomkitty »

What makes it worse, I did it twice! I can't spell it and Eastern doesn't have it.

eagle25
JV Team

Post by eagle25 »

Tomkitty wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 12:31 pm What makes it worse, I did it twice! I can't spell it and Eastern doesn't have it.
It's clear that you take offence at the lack of Eastern's offense. :lol:

MarauderMadness
JV Team

Post by MarauderMadness »

Trimble Juvenile wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 12:58 pm
JC2124 wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 12:39 pm I’m thrilled that the league is competitive! FH hasn’t been relevant in a long time so we are enjoying being in the conversation. I like Southern and I think they will be a tough out. It’s just a healthy debate which makes it fun. I know a lot of the folks in Racine. Good people and my son plays baseball with some tornadoes.
Better be about 10 deep when you go to Southern. At least your best 3 will be on the bench early in both halves with foul trouble. :o
Yea, I'm just glad we had them at our place. We beat them by 10, but I'm sure we'd have been down 20 when we stepped off the bus if we'd had been at their place. I don't know how they do it but they sure do seem to get special favors from the stripes at their place. Maybe why their admin is so opposed to an assigner? :o

Scottyboy
Riding the Bench

Post by Scottyboy »

With Southen fans making the comments that Southern will not be beat at home, and the other teams that have played there, have been given the "unfair" treatment, maybe the TVC Hocking needs to get together and petition for new refs to do the games at good ole Racine.

NY Tomcat
JV Team

Post by NY Tomcat »

Scottyboy wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 7:10 pm With Southen fans making the comments that Southern will not be beat at home, and the other teams that have played there, have been given the "unfair" treatment, maybe the TVC Hocking needs to get together and petition for new refs to do the games at good ole Racine.
After seeing how bad Southern looked at NY I'm surprised to hear they have a winning record. Are most of their wins at home, or are they against bad teams? Or both?

Scottyboy
Riding the Bench

Post by Scottyboy »

NY Tomcat wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 10:47 am
Scottyboy wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 7:10 pm With Southen fans making the comments that Southern will not be beat at home, and the other teams that have played there, have been given the "unfair" treatment, maybe the TVC Hocking needs to get together and petition for new refs to do the games at good ole Racine.
After seeing how bad Southern looked at NY I'm surprised to hear they have a winning record. Are most of their wins at home, or are they against bad teams? Or both?
I believe it's both.

celticpride
Freshman Team

Post by celticpride »

Some on here are misinformed, not smart, lying or a combination of all 3 Lol. This year Southern has played better at home than on the road which is what a lot of people do usually. Last season (which some can't remember that far back evidently) Southern did not play well at home and actually lost several at home and still had a winning record overall. This year I think Southern won by double digits against Trimble so officiating played no part. They beat Waterford by 20 and those are the only league games they have played at home. Yes they played terrible at NY which was 2nd game of the season. The schedule hasn't been easy early with 3 non league road games against TVC Ohio teams and another tough road game at FH on Friday after a close loss at SG on Tuesday. Southern has a lot of improving to do like most teams before Christmas.

DUNK1
Freshman Team

Post by DUNK1 »

celticpride wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 11:43 am Some on here are misinformed, not smart, lying or a combination of all 3 Lol. This year Southern has played better at home than on the road which is what a lot of people do usually. Last season (which some can't remember that far back evidently) Southern did not play well at home and actually lost several at home and still had a winning record overall. This year I think Southern won by double digits against Trimble so officiating played no part. They beat Waterford by 20 and those are the only league games they have played at home. Yes they played terrible at NY which was 2nd game of the season. The schedule hasn't been easy early with 3 non league road games against TVC Ohio teams and another tough road game at FH on Friday after a close loss at SG on Tuesday. Southern has a lot of improving to do like most teams before Christmas.
Okay. Sorry, I wasn't aware that if you win by "double digits" it proves the refs didn't play a part in it. I'll try to keep that in mind when I look at the scores of the games Southern wins at home. :shock:

Trimble Juvenile
Varsity

Post by Trimble Juvenile »

Scottyboy wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 11:34 am
NY Tomcat wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 10:47 am
I believe it's both.
Not sure you can say Trimble is a bad team. They have one loss and it was at Southern. :o

Baldeagle
Varsity

Post by Baldeagle »

No way Danny Otto allows that. he is the tvc czar and is vehemently opposed to a league assigner. makes you wonder why?

Return to “Boys Basketball”