Burg
South Webster/Valley tie
Minford
West
Oak Hill
Eastern
NW

YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST
I've never done my "way-too-early SOC prediction" post while the previous season still going, but why not:

Burg
Waverly
Minford
South Webster
Valley
Eastern
West
Oak Hill
Northwest

Of course, all this subject to changes once free agency begins (and I already hearing some interesting rumblings).*
I’d say the big rumor has about another year to stew before it happens.

Never to early to speculate.

Beatin the brakes off em in the thunderdome
Game count 2023 : 54
BigBlueNation
SEOP

Re: SOC2 2019-20

Post by BigBlueNation »

art_vandelay wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 3:15 pm
Swanker Pine wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 12:28 pm SOC2
2020-2021

Waverly
Burg
South Webster/Valley tie
Minford
West
Oak Hill
Eastern
NW

YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST
I've never done my "way-too-early SOC prediction" post while the previous season still going, but why not:

Burg
Waverly
Minford
South Webster
Valley
Eastern
West
Oak Hill
Northwest

Of course, all this subject to changes once free agency begins (and I already hearing some interesting rumblings).*
Free agency. Lol! In this day and age you hear all kinds stuff. I just wish Northwest had the kids that live in their district that goes to school elsewhere.

Saul Goodman
Waterboy

Post by Saul Goodman »

Long time reader.... First time poster... LOL

I think Waverly will be tough to beat next year. Especially, with the addition of Shanks and Wolf both coming back. Also, heard a rumor of a transfer possibly coming in..

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Saul Goodman wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 4:13 pm Long time reader.... First time poster... LOL

I think Waverly will be tough to beat next year. Especially, with the addition of Shanks and Wolf both coming back. Also, heard a rumor of a transfer possibly coming in..
Same one that about came this year?

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

BigBlueNation wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 4:05 pm
2020-2021

Waverly
Burg
South Webster/Valley tie
Minford
West
Oak Hill
Eastern
NW

YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST

Burg
Waverly
Minford
South Webster
Valley
Eastern
West
Oak Hill
Northwest

Free agency. Lol! In this day and age you hear all kinds stuff. I just wish Northwest had the kids that live in their district that goes to school elsewhere.
Bigbluenation: I half-jokingly refer to AAU season through first day of school as free agency, but that's basically what it's become. As for Northwest, I think they will start being more competitive next year, but the following year, they will see a big jump up the standings. On a related note, congrats to your 8th grade Mohawks winning the County Championship last night.*

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Wheelersburg will probably be just as good as they were this year, and probably have maybe 6-8 Seniors on next years team as well.

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

art_vandelay wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 4:41 pm

Burg
Waverly
Minford
South Webster
Valley
Eastern
West
Oak Hill
Northwest

Bigbluenation: I half-jokingly refer to AAU season through first day of school as free agency, but that's basically what it's become. As for Northwest, I think they will start being more competitive next year, but the following year, they will see a big jump up the standings. On a related note, congrats to your 8th grade Mohawks winning the County Championship last night.*
How many times had Northwest dominated the lower grades? A lot and in multiple sports. Talent has rarely been the issue there. Once they get to high school they seem to stop developing their craft, whatever sport it may be. They had 1 conference win this year, no excuse for that. Is it coaching or resting on their laurels?

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

It's probably stupid not to pick Wheelersburg until someone beats them. With that being said the Sophomores at Waverly should continue to improve and Futhey may end up being the best interior player in the league to go with the best guard.
I disagree on West, they graduate 3 seniors but return several kids who played alot. I think they're better next year.
I'll take

Waverly
Wheelersburg
Minford
West
Valley
South Webster
Eastern
Oak Hill
Northwest

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

art_vandelay wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 4:41 pm

Burg
Waverly
Minford
South Webster
Valley
Eastern
West
Oak Hill
Northwest

Thank you. Great bunch of kids.

laser breath
Varsity

Post by laser breath »

Swanker Pine wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 2:10 pm
laser breath wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 12:58 pm
2020-2021

Waverly
Burg
South Webster/Valley tie
Minford
West
Oak Hill
Eastern
NW

YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST
Burg wins this year and will have the exact same team next year with bench experience and they aren’t the favorite? Lol

By the way, Webster way too high on your list.
I didn’t know how many seniors Burg was graduating, if any. Likely it’ll be Waverly and Burg again.

Webster will be fine next year. I think we’ll have 1 senior on the team in Aiden Andrews. Blizzard might be Senior. I didn’t say we’d win it all.

Purely speculation because we might get poached by coughNBorBurgcough

Zimmerman (Jr)
Andrews (sr)
Blizzard
Collins (So)
Lower (So)
Carpenter

Not familiar with some of the names of the JV players except Beasley and Baker and the PG first name is Connor something.
Lower can ball. Zimmerman is a great shot but where’s the inside help?

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

laser breath wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 6:07 pm
Swanker Pine wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 2:10 pm
laser breath wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 12:58 pm

Burg wins this year and will have the exact same team next year with bench experience and they aren’t the favorite? Lol

By the way, Webster way too high on your list.
I didn’t know how many seniors Burg was graduating, if any. Likely it’ll be Waverly and Burg again.

Webster will be fine next year. I think we’ll have 1 senior on the team in Aiden Andrews. Blizzard might be Senior. I didn’t say we’d win it all.

Purely speculation because we might get poached by coughNBorBurgcough

Zimmerman (Jr)
Andrews (sr)
Blizzard
Collins (So)
Lower (So)
Carpenter

Not familiar with some of the names of the JV players except Beasley and Baker and the PG first name is Connor something.
Lower can ball. Zimmerman is a great shot but where’s the inside help?
Will Collins played a lot of varsity this year. He’s a freshman. When he wants he can post up. Not real tall but he bodies up well. Other than him it’s gonna be a good year to get out and run.

Beatin the brakes off em in the thunderdome
Game count 2023 : 54
scott1297
All Conference

Post by scott1297 »

Westfan wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 5:00 pm It's probably stupid not to pick Wheelersburg until someone beats them. With that being said the Sophomores at Waverly should continue to improve and Futhey may end up being the best interior player in the league to go with the best guard.
I disagree on West, they graduate 3 seniors but return several kids who played alot. I think they're better next year.
I'll take

Waverly
Wheelersburg
Minford
West
Valley
South Webster
Eastern
Oak Hill
Northwest
Burg will have all 5 starters back plus the 6th and 7th man off the bench coming back and IMO McCorkle will be the best interior player in the league next year. Burg will be better next year and I do think that Waverly will be a close second again.

Burg grad 85
Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

scott1297 wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 7:27 pm
Westfan wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 5:00 pm It's probably stupid not to pick Wheelersburg until someone beats them. With that being said the Sophomores at Waverly should continue to improve and Futhey may end up being the best interior player in the league to go with the best guard.
I'll take

Waverly
Wheelersburg
Minford
West
Valley
South Webster
Eastern
Oak Hill
Northwest
Burg will have all 5 starters back plus the 6th and 7th man off the bench coming back and IMO McCorkle will be the best interior player in the league next year. Burg will be better next year and I do think that Waverly will be a close second again.
Waverly does loose some size but as was said they have some players coming back. I also think you see the most improvement from players early in their careers and their 3 best players are sophomores so they will improve alot. Stulley was also hurt a large part of the year and probably wasn’t 100% at all during the season. McCorkle is good and plays hard, but Futhey's ceiling as an athlete is much higher

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

WAVERLY 2020-2021

SENIORS
Zeke Brown
Haydn Shanks
Phoenix Wolf
Gage Wheeler
Jackson Wise

JUNIORS
Trey Robertson
Will Futhey
Mark Stulley
Wade Futhey

A couples sophomores could contribute depending on how they come along between now and then.

Saul Goodman mentioned the possibility of a transfer coming in. Not going to say a whole lot about that until it happens. If it happens it could be HUGE.

laser breath
Varsity

Post by laser breath »

Westfan wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 9:43 pm
I'll take

Waverly
Wheelersburg
Minford
West
Valley
South Webster
Eastern
Oak Hill
Northwest
Waverly does loose some size but as was said they have some players coming back. I also think you see the most improvement from players early in their careers and their 3 best players are sophomores so they will improve alot. Stulley was also hurt a large part of the year and probably wasn’t 100% at all during the season. McCorkle is good and plays hard, but Futhey's ceiling as an athlete is much higher
Futhey is not a basketball player. He’s an athlete playing basketball. McCorkle will be the best big man in the league. Burg should easily be the favorite.

BBALL99
Freshman Team

Post by BBALL99 »

laser breath wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 6:54 am
Futhey is not a basketball player. He’s an athlete playing basketball. McCorkle will be the best big man in the league. Burg should easily be the favorite.
Futhey not a basketball player? He would start for any team in the league.

PirateFan[69]
Varsity

Post by PirateFan[69] »

BBALL99 wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 7:01 am

Yes, only because of his overall athletic ability.

MasterOfNone
All Conference

Post by MasterOfNone »

PirateFan[69] wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 7:44 am

What is your definition of a "basketball player"?

PirateFan[69]
Varsity

Post by PirateFan[69] »

MasterOfNone wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 8:20 am

Someone who's primary focus in athletics and life is advancing their basketball game. Football seems to be more prevalent in Futhey's situation. McCorkle only really focuses his talents into basketball

laser breath
Varsity

Post by laser breath »

MasterOfNone wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 8:20 am

Robertson
Fraulini
McCorkle
Truitt

I’ve watched futhey play. He’s a great athlete but he’s not a true basketball player. Especially when you’re comparing him to McCorkle in basketball. Does anyone on this board see futhey playing college basketball? I don’t but I see McCorkle. I’m sure futhey could play at a small naia but that’s a stretch to me.

He’s like Carrico at ironton.
Last edited by laser breath on Wed Feb 19, 2020 8:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Boys Basketball”