Which ZT guard is better Swain or Evans

mlittle
SEOP

Which ZT guard is better Swain or Evans

Post by mlittle »

Evans coming off an SVC and district POY season where he led the Pioneers to a gold ball and district title and we know the level in which he can score the ball.

Swain has been looked at mostly for his defensive and PG abilities but is off to a red hot start scoring the ball this year leading ZT In scoring his last 2 games. Could he be their best all around player?

CavalierAlum05
Varsity

Re: Which ZT guard is better Swain or Evans

Post by CavalierAlum05 »

Whoever Roper doesn't guard on the 28th will have more points! lol

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

CavalierAlum05 wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 12:28 pm Whoever Roper doesn't guard on the 28th will have more points! lol
Haha.

Ukfanatic
Varsity

Post by Ukfanatic »

Swain is a very good player but evans is better, and bordering on elite!

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Ukfanatic wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 1:24 pm Swain is a very good player but evans is better, and bordering on elite!
... I agree with Ukfanatic ... Cam Evans is the engine that makes ZT run ... Swain is a good PG and obviously a player who can put up the points WHEN the opposition HAS TO look at stopping #1 Evans then #2/#3 Davidson & Nesser that leaves Swain as the THE guy who has to/can put up numbers vs the 4th best defender on the opposing teams roster - Amanda CC had good athletes at all 5 positions held Swain to 8pts (a couple triples) ... Logan Elm even better athletes and excellent defenders held Swain to 6 points (2 fgs & pair of FTs) ... neither McClain nor VC have the NUMBER of quality defenders to go down the list to put "as good of a defender" on Swain ... BUT Swain has done exactly what he should be doing vs the "next level down" teams - when these teams matchup with ZT he HAS TO score because of the top defenders needing to be on Evans/Nesser/Davidson ... Cam Evans gets the nod in this comparison by a wide margin ...

WhiskeyTwoFive
Riding the Bench

Post by WhiskeyTwoFive »

I agree with pfloyd here. Colby is a great athlete, a kid who everyone says works his tail off and constantly wants to improve but Ill take Cam.

Everyone knows about Cam. Im sure a lot of people's gameplans are "try to slow down Evans" and that ends up giving the other guys more looks.

Thats what I enjoy about this team they have Cam and when the defense starts to key on him, Nick starts draining 15 footers, Colby hits a few 3s or layups, Triton gets a couple easy looks, Luke is open for 3.

Colby has definitely shown improvement once again, he will have a great season. Probably the best defensive guard in the SVC.

What makes this team dangerous isnt one guy. When you have 3 guys who can consistently shoot the ball well and everyone has bought in on defense and the gameplan...thats huge in HS basketball.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

First off let me say that I'm sure that you mean no harm at all in even asking this question, I really believe that. Mayby I'm being a little oversensitive being that they are teammates and all. I'm just trying to put myself as one of the Parents of the kids, and how they might feel about there kid being compared to one of his "teammates". I just think that one or the other, kid or parents one, are either going to have there feeling hurt or mayby not feel right about this. I know this is not the first time that this has been asked, and it probably won't be the last. I know that if I had a son playing now, and that question was asked about him and one of his teammates, I don't believe I would like that.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

VetteMan wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 12:46 am First off let me say that I'm sure that you mean no harm at all in even asking this question, I really believe that. Mayby I'm being a little oversensitive being that they are teammates and all. I'm just trying to put myself as one of the Parents of the kids, and how they might feel about there kid being compared to one of his "teammates". I just think that one or the other, kid or parents one, are either going to have there feeling hurt or mayby not feel right about this. I know this is not the first time that this has been asked, and it probably won't be the last. I know that if I had a son playing now, and that question was asked about him and one of his teammates, I don't believe I would like that.
I see what you’re saying and hope that it wasn’t taken that way by all. I’m friends with both of the kids parents and just thought it would be a fun discussion given how talented they both are. Hopefully everyone can have some sense about themselves and not put the other kid down while giving their opinion

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

I think both are great by the way

football life
Freshman Team

Post by football life »

Both great players in a different way. Swain gets the edge though because his mom is not an idiot.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Ouch

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

football life wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 9:11 am Both great players in a different way. Swain gets the edge though because his mom is not an idiot.
Ok this Is dumb

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

mlittle wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 8:12 am
VetteMan wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 12:46 am First off let me say that I'm sure that you mean no harm at all in even asking this question, I really believe that. Mayby I'm being a little oversensitive being that they are teammates and all. I'm just trying to put myself as one of the Parents of the kids, and how they might feel about there kid being compared to one of his "teammates". I just think that one or the other, kid or parents one, are either going to have there feeling hurt or mayby not feel right about this. I know this is not the first time that this has been asked, and it probably won't be the last. I know that if I had a son playing now, and that question was asked about him and one of his teammates, I don't believe I would like that.
I see what you’re saying and hope that it wasn’t taken that way by all. I’m friends with both of the kids parents and just thought it would be a fun discussion given how talented they both are. Hopefully everyone can have some sense about themselves and not put the other kid down while giving their opinion
I know that you meant no harm in even asking the question, therefore I was even hesitant in even posting what I did. They are both fine ballplayers, and ZT has a very good team. As the father of a very fine athlete himself, ( Who by the way probably got most of his talent from his Mother ) I'm 100% sure you meant no disrespect to either kid. I probably was just being a little oversensitive myself.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

VetteMan wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 9:27 am
mlittle wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 8:12 am
I know that you meant no harm in even asking the question, therefore I was even hesitant in even posting what I did. They are both fine ballplayers, and ZT has a very good team. As the father of a very fine athlete himself, ( Who by the way probably got most of his talent from his Mother ) I'm 100% sure you meant no disrespect to either kid. I probably was just being a little oversensitive myself.
I don’t think so at all. I totally get what you’re saying and probably should have thought about that but was just hoping we could have an adult conversation about 2 really good players without people being ridiculous towards kids or parents. Maybe the thread would have been better received if we could’ve compared the ZT back court to others in the area because of how well Swain and Evans complement each other.

football life
Freshman Team

Post by football life »

mlittle wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 9:19 am
football life wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 9:11 am Both great players in a different way. Swain gets the edge though because his mom is not an idiot.
Ok this Is dumb
What is dumb is someone who is embarrassing to their school and more importantly their fine young man. Again not a crack on either kid. Both great competitors. A D3 coach sitting next to me during a game said “that’s an embarrassment and will be hard to get past”. Which is unfortunate because the kid can play!

rswain
Waterboy

Post by rswain »

This is my first ever post, but a long time follower.
I appreciate reading the coverage / opinions about the local
Teams. Swain is my son. I took no offense at all to
Little’s original post, I know him well- bought several
Vehicles from him Over the years:):) and I enjoy watching his son (Isaac) play. I’ve known Cam for many years, spent
Several weekends with him during our AAU run together, and even took Him on our family vacation last summer. Cam is a great ball player, but even better overall kid.
If you were to ask Colby who is better, he would tell you Cam.
Ask Cam, he would tell you Colby. They are the best of friends
And compliment each other very well on and off the court.
This entire team is very close and driven with a common goal in Mind- just win!! Doesn’t matter to any of them who leads in scoring, just get the W. As a parent, and basketball fan, it’s fun to watch!

I wish nothing but the best to all local teams.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

rswain wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 10:01 am This is my first ever post, but a long time follower.
Vehicles from him Over the years:):) and I enjoy watching his son (Isaac) play. I’ve known Cam for many years, spent
Several weekends with him during our AAU run together, and even took Him on our family vacation last summer. Cam is a great ball player, but even better overall kid.
This entire team is very close and driven with a common goal in Mind- just win!! Doesn’t matter to any of them who leads in scoring, just get the W. As a parent, and basketball fan, it’s fun to watch!

Very good post. As I said earlier, I was hesitant to post my thought's on this topic, I now wish that I had not. It was not my intent to stir anything or anyone up whatsoever.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

VetteMan wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 10:24 am
rswain wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 10:01 am This is my first ever post, but a long time follower.

Very good post. As I said earlier, I was hesitant to post my thought's on this topic, I now wish that I had not. It was not my intent to stir anything or anyone up whatsoever.
Was absolutely nothing wrong with your post Vetteman. That’s what makes these forums fun in my opinion.

rswain
Waterboy

Post by rswain »

Vetteman, I also took no offense to your post.
I was just clearing the air as being a parent of one of the two
Being discussed, and clarifying that I didn’t take Little’s
Original post in a negative way either.

football life
Freshman Team

Post by football life »

Great post MrSwain! Love watching Colby play! Plays with a lot of heart and tenacity. You’re right, bunch of hard working kids there!

Return to “Boys Basketball”