D2 2019-20 Basketball (Updated 2/16)

Post Reply
User avatar
mattash
Site Admin
Posts: 20831
Joined: Wed Nov 10, 2004 4:20 pm

D2 2019-20 Basketball (Updated 2/16)

Post by mattash »

https://seohiopreps.com/basketball/stan ... andings-2/

D2 2019-20


Pos Team W L PCT GB STRK PF PA DIFF
1 Jackson 19 3 0.864 0 W1 68 47 21
2 Sheridan 19 3 0.864 0 W2 64 51 13
3 Unioto 19 3 0.864 0 W8 53 41 12
4 Fairfield Union 19 3 0.864 0 W1 54 46 8
5 Waverly 17 5 0.773 2 W1 57 52 5

6 Logan Elm 15 7 0.682 4 L1 55 48 7
7 Athens 15 7 0.682 4 L1 64 58 6
8 Vinton County 13 8 0.619 5.5 L1 59 57 2
9 Warren 13 9 0.591 6 L2 57 53 3
10 Miami Trace 12 10 0.545 7 L2 52 54 -2

11 Marietta 12 10 0.545 7 W4 56 59 -3
12 Gallia Academy 9 12 0.429 9.5 W1 51 54 -3
13 Hillsboro 9 13 0.409 10 L1 55 55 0
14 New Lexington 8 14 0.364 11 L1 47 49 -2
15 McClain 6 15 0.286 12.5 L4 47 59 -12

16 River Valley 5 17 0.227 14 L7 47 53 -6
17 Circleville 2 20 0.091 17 L14 45 58 -14
18 Washington 0 22 0.000 19 L22 34 66 -32



Go to the link above, click on the team to see schedule and results


"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott

Ironman92
SEOPS Mr. Ohio
Posts: 22043
Joined: Fri Nov 17, 2006 11:04 am

Re: Southeastern Ohio District D2 Basketball

Post by Ironman92 »

Pete Bell...this look familiar?



Ironman92
SEOPS Mr. Ohio
Posts: 22043
Joined: Fri Nov 17, 2006 11:04 am

Re: Southeastern Ohio District D2 Basketball

Post by Ironman92 »

Thanks for this mattash

This is good stuff.



Pete_Bell
Freshman Team
Posts: 155
Joined: Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:52 pm

Re: Southeastern Ohio District D2 Basketball

Post by Pete_Bell »

Good thread



User avatar
mattash
Site Admin
Posts: 20831
Joined: Wed Nov 10, 2004 4:20 pm

Re: Southeastern Ohio District D2 Basketball

Post by mattash »

Updated viewtopic.php?f=4&t=83648&p=1834860#p1834860

How far was Chilli from being D2?


"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott

Treyman3
Freshman Team
Posts: 140
Joined: Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:23 pm

Re: Southeastern Ohio District D2 Basketball

Post by Treyman3 »

I believe Westfall dropped back to DIII this year.



User avatar
mattash
Site Admin
Posts: 20831
Joined: Wed Nov 10, 2004 4:20 pm

Re: Southeastern Ohio District D2 Basketball

Post by mattash »

Treyman3 wrote:
Sun Dec 22, 2019 9:24 pm
I believe Westfall dropped back to DIII this year.
Corrected


"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott

Pete_Bell
Freshman Team
Posts: 155
Joined: Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:52 pm

Re: Southeastern Ohio District D2 Basketball

Post by Pete_Bell »

mattash wrote:
Sun Dec 22, 2019 7:53 pm
Updated viewtopic.php?f=4&t=83648&p=1834860#p1834860

How far was Chilli from being D2?
OHSAA has Chillicothe boys enrollment at 367, with competitive balance total 388, bottom Div 1 -356

Chillicothe 32 male students away from div 2



E High
Varsity
Posts: 613
Joined: Fri May 12, 2017 7:26 pm

Re: Southeastern Ohio District D2 Basketball

Post by E High »

If D-2. Great chance to go to Columbus. Been that way plenty of times.



User avatar
mattash
Site Admin
Posts: 20831
Joined: Wed Nov 10, 2004 4:20 pm

Re: Southeastern Ohio District D2 Basketball

Post by mattash »

updated 12/24, let me know of corrections


"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott

Hoopie74
SEO
Posts: 2758
Joined: Fri Dec 30, 2016 10:49 pm

Re: D2 2019-20 Basketball

Post by Hoopie74 »

This is a very good group of teams in D2 this year. FU has the edge as of now. Many good games till March though . Should be fun.



Ironman92
SEOPS Mr. Ohio
Posts: 22043
Joined: Fri Nov 17, 2006 11:04 am

Re: D2 2019-20 Basketball

Post by Ironman92 »

To say FU, Sheridan, Unioto and Jackson are close would be an understatement



Hoopie74
SEO
Posts: 2758
Joined: Fri Dec 30, 2016 10:49 pm

Re: D2 2019-20 Basketball

Post by Hoopie74 »

Ironman92 wrote:
Sun Dec 29, 2019 1:49 pm
To say FU, Sheridan, Unioto and Jackson are close would be an understatement
Agree



Ironman92
SEOPS Mr. Ohio
Posts: 22043
Joined: Fri Nov 17, 2006 11:04 am

Re: D2 2019-20 Basketball

Post by Ironman92 »

Let’s see if I can get some talk going.

First off understand I believe all 4 of these teams likes their chances vs the other 3 in a neutral site matchup.

I believe if given the choice FU would choose to play Sheridan or Jackson rather than Unioto. I believe their choice would be to play Sheridan

I believe Sheridan would least like to face FU and would choose to face Jackson

I believe Unioto would like to face Sheridan and would choose to face FU

I believe Jackson would least like to play FU and would choose to play Unioto

Just my guesses.



mlittle
SEO
Posts: 2751
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2015 1:56 pm

Re: D2 2019-20 Basketball

Post by mlittle »

Ironman92 wrote:
Sun Dec 29, 2019 3:50 pm
Let’s see if I can get some talk going.

First off understand I believe all 4 of these teams likes their chances vs the other 3 in a neutral site matchup.

I believe if given the choice FU would choose to play Sheridan or Jackson rather than Unioto. I believe their choice would be to play Sheridan

I believe Sheridan would least like to face FU and would choose to face Jackson

I believe Unioto would like to face Sheridan and would choose to face FU

I believe Jackson would least like to play FU and would choose to play Unioto

Just my guesses.
Something else to consider is the back to backs you won’t have to deal with come tourney time. I know everyone has them but certain teams and players react differently to them.

The only team of the 3 that scare me is maybe Sheridan only because I know nothing about them. Those top 4 teams are really tight in my opinion and most of those games will be played close regardless of the matchups.



Ironman92
SEOPS Mr. Ohio
Posts: 22043
Joined: Fri Nov 17, 2006 11:04 am

Re: D2 2019-20 Basketball

Post by Ironman92 »

mlittle wrote:
Sun Dec 29, 2019 4:02 pm
Ironman92 wrote:
Sun Dec 29, 2019 3:50 pm
Let’s see if I can get some talk going.

First off understand I believe all 4 of these teams likes their chances vs the other 3 in a neutral site matchup.

I believe if given the choice FU would choose to play Sheridan or Jackson rather than Unioto. I believe their choice would be to play Sheridan

I believe Sheridan would least like to face FU and would choose to face Jackson

I believe Unioto would like to face Sheridan and would choose to face FU

I believe Jackson would least like to play FU and would choose to play Unioto

Just my guesses.
Something else to consider is the back to backs you won’t have to deal with come tourney time. I know everyone has them but certain teams and players react differently to them.

The only team of the 3 that scare me is maybe Sheridan only because I know nothing about them. Those top 4 teams are really tight in my opinion and most of those games will be played close regardless of the matchups.
Do you think FU was affected by the back to back more than Unioto was?



mlittle
SEO
Posts: 2751
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2015 1:56 pm

Re: D2 2019-20 Basketball

Post by mlittle »

Ironman92 wrote:
Sun Dec 29, 2019 4:16 pm
mlittle wrote:
Sun Dec 29, 2019 4:02 pm
Ironman92 wrote:
Sun Dec 29, 2019 3:50 pm
Let’s see if I can get some talk going.

First off understand I believe all 4 of these teams likes their chances vs the other 3 in a neutral site matchup.

I believe if given the choice FU would choose to play Sheridan or Jackson rather than Unioto. I believe their choice would be to play Sheridan

I believe Sheridan would least like to face FU and would choose to face Jackson

I believe Unioto would like to face Sheridan and would choose to face FU

I believe Jackson would least like to play FU and would choose to play Unioto

Just my guesses.
Something else to consider is the back to backs you won’t have to deal with come tourney time. I know everyone has them but certain teams and players react differently to them.

The only team of the 3 that scare me is maybe Sheridan only because I know nothing about them. Those top 4 teams are really tight in my opinion and most of those games will be played close regardless of the matchups.
Do you think FU was affected by the back to back more than Unioto was?
It’s hard to say really. I don’t think so but like I said certain people and teams just react differently to them. I just like the way we match up with them. We beat them last year by double digits and they were better last year with Conley in my opinion and we were terrible. Not staying we are better I just like how we match up



6-4-3=2o
JV Team
Posts: 339
Joined: Sat Nov 20, 2004 1:20 pm

Re: D2 2019-20 Basketball

Post by 6-4-3=2o »

Does anyone know what the bracket will look like with the new super sectional? 18 teams, I believe? I'm not asking for predictions on seeds or anything, rather just what the bracket will look like and where games will be played? How many do teams need to win now to get to convo? Are first/second round games at higher seeds or still on neutral floors? Anyone have any info? The southeast district website has a list of teams, but no 18 team bracket.



Ironman92
SEOPS Mr. Ohio
Posts: 22043
Joined: Fri Nov 17, 2006 11:04 am

Re: D2 2019-20 Basketball

Post by Ironman92 »

6-4-3=2o wrote:
Sun Dec 29, 2019 6:48 pm
Does anyone know what the bracket will look like with the new super sectional? 18 teams, I believe? I'm not asking for predictions on seeds or anything, rather just what the bracket will look like and where games will be played? How many do teams need to win now to get to convo? Are first/second round games at higher seeds or still on neutral floors? Anyone have any info? The southeast district website has a list of teams, but no 18 team bracket.
I thought I saw on maybe the D4 thread that bbjunky said it would be a single elimination format for 18 teams...a google search would give an idea and pic



Ironman92
SEOPS Mr. Ohio
Posts: 22043
Joined: Fri Nov 17, 2006 11:04 am

Re: D2 2019-20 Basketball

Post by Ironman92 »

6-4-3=2o wrote:
Sun Dec 29, 2019 6:48 pm
Does anyone know what the bracket will look like with the new super sectional? 18 teams, I believe? I'm not asking for predictions on seeds or anything, rather just what the bracket will look like and where games will be played? How many do teams need to win now to get to convo? Are first/second round games at higher seeds or still on neutral floors? Anyone have any info? The southeast district website has a list of teams, but no 18 team bracket.
Can’t find a bracket with seed #’s on it

#15 vs #18 to face the #1 or #2 and the other gets the winner of #16 vs #17

I’ll guess the rest just like NCAA bracket for each region of 16 teams 1/16, 4/13, 5/12, 8/9 and bottom 2/15, 3/14, 6/11, 5/12



Post Reply

Return to “Boys Basketball”