Re: Burg Tanner Holden

Post by scott1297 »

Go Burg! Go Raiders

Burg grad 85
Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Great player. I remember not being sold on him early but he developed into a great D1 player. I like being wrong lol
Wright State got a player that could play at a bigger school. I like

ItsMyOpinion
Varsity

Post by ItsMyOpinion »

I’m happy to hear this but I’m not surprised!! Holden is the best basketball player to come out of southern Ohio in a long long time.

Everybody questioned me when I said Wheelersburg was the most talented team in the state last year. I said they should win the state and everybody disagreed!! They got beat by the state champions in which they had the best player on the floor by far. I guess we are seeing how talented they were!

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Raider6309 wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 7:40 pm Great player. I remember not being sold on him early but he developed into a great D1 player. I like being wrong lol
Wright State got a player that could play at a bigger school. I like
I was in the same boat until his show he put on at the Convo his jr year

E High
All State

Post by E High »

He’s a great player and they had a great team last year, but going to Columbus is an unfair playing field for the East/southeast. Seldom can any of those teams win a State championship. Too much talent and too many schools that don’t play with their own

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

ItsMyOpinion wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 10:06 pm I’m happy to hear this but I’m not surprised!! Holden is the best basketball player to come out of southern Ohio in a long long time.

Everybody questioned me when I said Wheelersburg was the most talented team in the state last year. I said they should win the state and everybody disagreed!! They got beat by the state champions in which they had the best player on the floor by far. I guess we are seeing how talented they were!
Having the best player does not mean they had the most talented team. Wheelersburg had the best player on the floor that day. Harvest Prep had the next 5-6 best.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Ibi Watson Athens scored 30 in his last game for Dayton. Dayton is really good. Glad to see SEO kids doing well

Dragon70
Freshman Team

Post by Dragon70 »

Yeah it looks like the Herd dropped the ball on this one!! Whoever pulled his offer needs fired. lol

vcgrad
All Conference

Post by vcgrad »

why not Ohio University?

ItsMyOpinion
Varsity

Post by ItsMyOpinion »

Crab’s Bro,

No Question HP had the 2nd, 3rd & 4th best players on the floor. The 5th best player went to Burg (Truitt). The gap between one and two was huge.

Everybody is entitled to their opinion. I will stick with what I believe. They were the most talented team in state. Holden was that good!

thebarlowbandit
All State

Post by thebarlowbandit »

ItsMyOpinion wrote: Tue Dec 24, 2019 12:42 pm Crab’s Bro,

No Question HP had the 2nd, 3rd & 4th best players on the floor. The 5th best player went to Burg (Truitt). The gap between one and two was huge.

Everybody is entitled to their opinion. I will stick with what I believe. They were the most talented team in state. Holden was that good!
So in other words, Burg should have won the State Title with the most talented team. Do they get a trophy for that?

laser breath
Varsity

Post by laser breath »

thebarlowbandit wrote: Tue Dec 24, 2019 5:15 pm

So in other words, Burg should have won the State Title with the most talented team. Do they get a trophy for that?
When Karl Anthony towns was at Kentucky, they lost in the final four. They still were the best team in the country even with the loss. And even though I don’t agree with his opinion, it’s absolutely possible in the game of basketball to lose a tournament game and still be the best team in the division.

E High
All State

Post by E High »

Let’s not forget New Philly all but had them beat in regional finals. Couple missed FT s late cost them the game.

thebarlowbandit
All State

Post by thebarlowbandit »

laser breath wrote: Tue Dec 24, 2019 6:34 pm
thebarlowbandit wrote: Tue Dec 24, 2019 5:15 pm

When Karl Anthony towns was at Kentucky, they lost in the final four. They still were the best team in the country even with the loss. And even though I don’t agree with his opinion, it’s absolutely possible in the game of basketball to lose a tournament game and still be the best team in the division.
So, I’m confused, why have a tournament if the best team doesn’t win?

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

Burg ALMOST folded to Webster last year. They were not the best team in the state. Holden yeah he’s a beast

Beatin the brakes off em in the thunderdome
Game count 2023 : 54
Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Swanker Pine wrote: Tue Dec 24, 2019 10:17 pm Burg ALMOST folded to Webster last year. They were not the best team in the state. Holden yeah he’s a beast
They had undefeated warmups. Best team in Ohio

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

Except that one time

Beatin the brakes off em in the thunderdome
Game count 2023 : 54
Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »