Ironton @ Wheelersburg 1/11

PirateFan[69]
Varsity

Re: Ironton @ Wheelersburg 1/11

Post by PirateFan[69] »

Swanker Pine wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 1:25 am
VetteMan wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 12:57 am A little surprised at the lack of comments about this game. I know everyone was not at the Beasts of the Southeast. Was it just a back and forth game, a great defensive game or what ? It's very rare that any team can hold the Burg to 47 pts, especially on there home floor.

Ironton and Burg aren’t powerhouses this year maybe why.

Other than that’s its a Saturday night, you know everyone is at Fred’s and Sakuras
It’s just Sakura

PirateFan[69]
Varsity

Post by PirateFan[69] »

Swanker Pine wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 2:33 pm
Jack Sparrow wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 2:31 pm
Swanker Pine wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 2:11 pm

Heard tale of all these new truck stops, restaurants, Walmart moving down past Jason Conleys, etc etc. at this point I’d settle for a Roosters
Soon, very soon, grasshopper
Ok Bryan Davis 🙄
You’re right!! 😂 Bryan Davis is very corrupt, he also said airport was gonna be boomin, lol they just ran out of fuel for the first time, yes, an airport ran out of fuel. that’s what happens when you change who runs it

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

The raising of the hand after a foul I believe was taken out of the game because it was singling out a player and that’s not fair to the kid. That is probably the time the jawing of the refs started.

When I was at Burg in the early 80’s you very rarely saw a player giving the ref crap. They had the foul called on them, they raised their hand and they went on with the game.

The last few years in Burg games it has been hard to watch sometimes because of all the mouthing of the refs and it is really hard to watch. Ater does nothing about it. NOTHING!!

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 9:59 pm The raising of the hand after a foul I believe was taken out of the game because it was singling out a player and that’s not fair to the kid. That is probably the time the jawing of the refs started.

When I was at Burg in the early 80’s you very rarely saw a player giving the ref crap. They had the foul called on them, they raised their hand and they went on with the game.

The last few years in Burg games it has been hard to watch sometimes because of all the mouthing of the refs and it is really hard to watch. Ater does nothing about it. NOTHING!!
I give you a lot of credit for saying what you really believe, as you normally do anyway. It's not always easy to avoid the truth.

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

Hey if you guys don’t want Ater, we’ll take him back

Beatin the brakes off em in the thunderdome
Game count 2023 : 54
art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

Ironton sounds like they coming along nicely. The Fitch/Fenton coaching combo with higher-caliber athletes will be interesting to watch.

As for Burg, they’ll be alright. Definitely not #1 team in state, but wouldn’t be surprised to see them at Regionals again. Gotta think they’ll run into Ironton again in the postseason.*

captainmorgan_
JV Team

Post by captainmorgan_ »

this did not surprise me at all. Burg has a good team but not number 1, not even top 10 if you ask me. with that being said, i think if they play again it could go either way

sticks
Waterboy

Post by sticks »

Anyone else realize that Fitch was Ater's assistant a few years ago?

Return to “Boys Basketball”