Zane Trace:6-1. 10-2
Adena:5-2. 7-5
Piketon:4-3. 7-7
Westfall:2-5. 6-7
Southeastern:2-5. 3-10
Paint Valley:1-6. 3-10
Huntington:1-6. 2-8

Any surprises so far?

The U and ZT Slug it out for the crown. Is there a team that can cause some headaches for either team? Will the U be Golden by seasons end?

Big Daddy 7371
Varsity

Re: SVC- Half way point

Post by Big Daddy 7371 »

No surprise's
The U and ZT go at it Sat 1/18 better get there early standing room only
going to be loud going to physical.

Look for Piketon to be the team thats a thorn in U's and ZT side

and its right in front of the U take care of business saturday and more than likely they can be Golden
its going to be tough to beat ZT @ kinnikinnick all said i look for them to share the Title

plus if Isaac Little is still out then no chance to Beat ZT

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

BackTap wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 8:29 am Unioto:7-0. 10-2
Zane Trace:6-1. 10-2
Adena:5-2. 7-5
Piketon:4-3. 7-7
Westfall:2-5. 6-7
Southeastern:2-5. 3-10
Paint Valley:1-6. 3-10
Huntington:1-6. 2-8

Any surprises so far?

The U and ZT Slug it out for the crown. Is there a team that can cause some headaches for either team? Will the U be Golden by seasons end?
No big surprises for me but nobody thought Unioto would be where they are right now at this point in the season and I mean NOBODY.

Piketon will be the team to take down a top team if it happens and I can’t see us winning a gold ball this year as competitive as the top 4 teams are. It only gets tougher the second half.

Seopnation
Freshman Team

Post by Seopnation »

See this as a Unioto/ZT split pretty convincingly at this point. Not saying Unioto can't win the GB but i see it as a <1% chance that Adena wins out. That, with ZT beating Unioto would be the only real way that Adena would win. And if Piketon were to win out they still would be a game back (or more).

Obviously, anything could happen but it just seems highly likely that the league is pretty much set at this point. Its just a matter of whether ZT and Unioto split or if Unioto goes undefeated.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Seopnation wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 2:20 pm See this as a Unioto/ZT split pretty convincingly at this point. Not saying Unioto can't win the GB but i see it as a <1% chance that Adena wins out. That, with ZT beating Unioto would be the only real way that Adena would win. And if Piketon were to win out they still would be a game back (or more).

Obviously, anything could happen but it just seems highly likely that the league is pretty much set at this point. Its just a matter of whether ZT and Unioto split or if Unioto goes undefeated.
I think healthy that ZT and Unioto are mirror images of each other. Folks can argue ZT has more “talent” like we heard all preseason and all season up to this point but they don’t. If you break down every position we are just as talented and deeper. I’d argue Little’s injury is more impactful than any that ZT has had to overcome at this point. We also can’t overlook some of the other teams in this league. I still believe that Adena and Piketon are both threats to beat Unioto or ZT. Possibly another team if you consider health, back to backs and just the fact these are high school kids. Nothing is a gimme in this league. I think Unioto beating ZT is gonna be a tall task at their place with Little and even tougher without him.

WhiskeyTwoFive
Riding the Bench

Post by WhiskeyTwoFive »

Id say ZT beats UHS by 10+ at home. They came in winning games by 20+ and got smacked in the mouth by a great game plan. Not taking anything away from UHS, Little and The Debord kids...Id take those 3 on my team anyday. I just think ZT comes out prepared this time. Nesser is getting goin finally, Swain is picking up as well.

But I will say this...ZT wins this one...but drops a road game to Piketon. My prediction.

Prove_It
Waterboy

Post by Prove_It »

WhiskeyTwoFive wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 6:02 pm Id say ZT beats UHS by 10+ at home. They came in winning games by 20+ and got smacked in the mouth by a great game plan. Not taking anything away from UHS, Little and The Debord kids...Id take those 3 on my team anyday. I just think ZT comes out prepared this time. Nesser is getting goin finally, Swain is picking up as well.

But I will say this...ZT wins this one...but drops a road game to Piketon. My prediction.
Crazy thing is the 3 mentioned for UHS hardly ever see the floor together. But, the formula is working...

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Prove_It wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 1:55 pm
WhiskeyTwoFive wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 6:02 pm Id say ZT beats UHS by 10+ at home. They came in winning games by 20+ and got smacked in the mouth by a great game plan. Not taking anything away from UHS, Little and The Debord kids...Id take those 3 on my team anyday. I just think ZT comes out prepared this time. Nesser is getting goin finally, Swain is picking up as well.

Crazy thing is the 3 mentioned for UHS hardly ever see the floor together. But, the formula is working...
Yep, Cam has been starting and Carson coming in for him. I think it’s because they are so similar. Really not much if any drop off. They even look a lot a like. I’ve questioned rotations at certain points in the season myself. But that just shows why I’m not a coach because they’re 10-2 right now.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

The league is winding down. I believe around 4 games left and still some very big games. It looks like this one is gonna be tight. Big matchups left:

ZT @ Piketon
Adena @ Unioto
ZT @ Adena

These are some of the big ones off the top of my head. Honestly with ZT and Unioto only having one loss each every game they have left is their biggest game of the year. No room for error whatsoever. What are everyone’s thoughts on how this one ends up ?

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

SVC C0-Champions, Unioto, Zane Trace.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

I think a lot of people are overlooking Adena to knock us or ZT off. That is still a very very dangerous team. Especially now that they have nothing to lose.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

mlittle wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 11:06 pm I think a lot of people are overlooking Adena to knock us or ZT off. That is still a very very dangerous team. Especially now that they have nothing to lose.
Yep, and still really talented too.

Bozo
S

Post by Bozo »

Zane Trace usually has way more problems on the road which makes those games scary.

mikepike
All State

Post by mikepike »

I can’t understand how Adena lost to Westfall. While I want the Streaks to beat ZT Saturday, I can’t stand the thought of Unioto winning the league outright.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

mikepike wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 5:08 pm I can’t understand how Adena lost to Westfall. While I want the Streaks to beat ZT Saturday, I can’t stand the thought of Unioto winning the league outright.
Unioto is nothing given right now. Defense is still very good but their scoring isn’t where it was. They are beatable and a bad Circleville team about showed that. I don’t think they’ll lose but they aren’t healthy and peaking right now.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Ironman92 wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 5:53 pm
mikepike wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 5:08 pm I can’t understand how Adena lost to Westfall. While I want the Streaks to beat ZT Saturday, I can’t stand the thought of Unioto winning the league outright.
Unioto is nothing given right now. Defense is still very good but their scoring isn’t where it was. They are beatable and a bad Circleville team about showed that. I don’t think they’ll lose but they aren’t healthy and peaking right now.
Agreed. Like I stated before and truly believe it. We have to take all 4 league games left very seriously as any of those teams are capable of knocking us off.

Big Daddy 7371
Varsity

Post by Big Daddy 7371 »

just saving it for Jackson

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Big Daddy 7371 wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 8:44 pm just saving it for Jackson
That would be wonderful and every fan of both teams would agree.

Big Daddy 7371
Varsity

Post by Big Daddy 7371 »

i hope its for district title

se-alum
All Conference

Post by se-alum »

mlittle wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 11:06 pm I think a lot of people are overlooking Adena to knock us or ZT off. That is still a very very dangerous team. Especially now that they have nothing to lose.
As much as I'd like to see this happen, Adena has not even competed against a good team this year. 0 adjustments in game or game to game for the Warriors. This team is not on the same page, and they won't be until changes are made. It was a problem last year, and is a problem this year.

Return to “Boys Basketball”