S

Re: Tuesday 1/14, games and scores

Post by Proud_Pirate63 »

South Webster @ Wheelersburg

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

Peebles vs Fairfield at FF is always a knock down dragout day. Rivals to the core,North and South. Can't wait.

Scottyboy
Riding the Bench

Post by Scottyboy »

Fed Hock @ South Gallia.
"Should" be a good game.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Portsmouth West @ Oak Hill

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

Proud_Pirate63 wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 12:27 pm South Webster @ Wheelersburg
Save me a seat I’m switching sides for this one

Beatin the brakes off em in the thunderdome
Game count 2023 : 54
VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Swanker Pine wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 4:15 pm
Swanker Pine, I'm still a little surprised that Portsmouth West was able to pretty much be in control against South Webster at SW this past Friday. Nick Davis for PW seemed to have had a great game, were the shots for SW just not falling, or did PW just play a very good game ? Caught some of the 2nd half on the Radio, after SW made one little run, seemed as PW controlled the rest of the game.

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

VetteMan wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 5:22 pm
Swanker Pine, I'm still a little surprised that Portsmouth West was able to pretty much be in control against South Webster at SW this past Friday. Nick Davis for PW seemed to have had a great game, were the shots for SW just not falling, or did PW just play a very good game ? Caught some of the 2nd half on the Radio, after SW made one little run, seemed as PW controlled the rest of the game.
We’re 3-9 as of January 12th. We just aren’t good this year. I have heard from multiple people there’s a lot of turmoil behind closed doors with certain players and the coaching staff. Mainly between our two best players and an assistant coach. We play a 6’5 on the perimeter. Zero inside presence. Will Collins didn’t play any varsity at all for whatever reason even though he’s proven to be a force down low. I mean to start the season with a 49pt win I thought we would do great things this year. No leadership on the team. Let’s chuck up 35 threes a game and let every rebound hit the floor first. Credit to West, they shot the ball very well from three and got the boards. Beating Webster this year means nothing.

I’ve heard through the rumor mill some big changes are coming soon though with 3 big time coaches names eyeing the young Jeeps coming up and that’s got a lot of us excited

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Swanker Pine wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 5:47 pm

We’re 3-9 as of January 12th. We just aren’t good this year. I have heard from multiple people there’s a lot of turmoil behind closed doors with certain players and the coaching staff. Mainly between our two best players and an assistant coach. We play a 6’5 on the perimeter. Zero inside presence. Will Collins didn’t play any varsity at all for whatever reason even though he’s proven to be a force down low. I mean to start the season with a 49pt win I thought we would do great things this year. No leadership on the team. Let’s chuck up 35 threes a game and let every rebound hit the floor first. Credit to West, they shot the ball very well from three and got the boards. Beating Webster this year means nothing.

I’ve heard through the rumor mill some big changes are coming soon though with 3 big time coaches names eyeing the young Jeeps coming up and that’s got a lot of us excited
Thanks, even though the game that I saw when you played OH, and you had to have had one of the worst shooting nights ever, I still think there is talent on the team. I know Corriel did not play in that game for whatever reason, and I don't know what is going on inside the locker room or whatever, I as an outsider just think that the results are not showing up in most of the games with how much talent is on the team.

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

VetteMan wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 6:26 pm
Swanker Pine wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 5:47 pm

Thanks, even though the game that I saw when you played OH, and you had to have had one of the worst shooting nights ever, I still think there is talent on the team. I know Corriel did not play in that game for whatever reason, and I don't know what is going on inside the locker room or whatever, I as an outsider just think that the results are not showing up in most of the games with how much talent is on the team.
After the first game I figured they could win 12-14 games.
Just wonder why we aren’t trying something different.
Corriell played against west. He was scoring 10-20 pts a game as a sophomore. Has yet to break out this season

Also idk what’s happened but Bockways shot from three is absolutely horrendous compared to his past two seasons. I know I can’t be the only one who sees that

a_c_m
SEOPS H

Post by a_c_m »

Valley at Waverly
Northwest at Minford
Western at Notre Dame
Clay at Green
Symmes Valley at New Boston Glenwood
Ironton St.Joe at Sciotoville East
Coal Grove at Portsmouth
Last edited by a_c_m on Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

a_c_m wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:36 am Waverly at Valley
Northwest at Minford
Western at Notre Dame
Clay at Green
Coal Grove at Portsmouth
Valley is at Waverly

a_c_m
SEOPS H

Post by a_c_m »

smurray wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:44 am
a_c_m wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:36 am Waverly at Valley
Northwest at Minford
Western at Notre Dame
Clay at Green
Coal Grove at Portsmouth
Valley is at Waverly
Thanks for the correction. I was going by what the Daily Times Winter Sports Guide has.

Buckeye1972
Freshman Team

Post by Buckeye1972 »

Ironton St. Joe @ New Boston - Cancelled tonite - Flu problems at St. Joe - School closed

Buckeye1972
Freshman Team

Post by Buckeye1972 »

Correction - Ironton St. Joe @ East - Cancelled - Flu problems at St. Joe - School closed

Treyman3
Freshman Team

Post by Treyman3 »

Round 2 of league games in MVL

Tri Valley @ Sheridan
Morgan @ West Muskingum
Maysville v Crooksville
Licking Valley @ New lex

traf1
Varsity

Post by traf1 »

Rock Hill 22
GA 20 halftime JV

traf1
Varsity

Post by traf1 »

Final JV ot
Rh 39
GA 36

3sUp
Varsity

Post by 3sUp »

Oak Hill 7
Ports. West 3
End of 1st

Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

Ironton up 18-4 vs Fairland end of 1. Holy cow.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005

Return to “Boys Basketball”