South Webster @ Wheelersburg 1/14

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Re: South Webster @ Wheelersburg 1/14

Post by LucasDavenport »

Coach Ater is an introvert in such a way that it’s hurt it him in those ways.

The only thing I find comical is the one or perhaps two people who put Burg in their username so they can troll Coach Ater. They’ve done a pretty good job of it but it’s pretty obvious who they really are. And the right people know and that’s all that matters. If that’s what you need to do to make yourself feel better then have at it.

Good win for Wheelersburg last night.

South Webster will be fine.

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk
packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

Saw some of the game last night. Looks like Webster has some pieces to work with. Why have they only won 3 games?

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
Prince
Riding the Bench

Post by Prince »

Burg has won In all sports regardless who the Coach has been for the most part . Great youth program and community support. As far as the overall discipline and actions of the players that is different for sure .

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

laser breath wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 6:57 am
Swanker Pine wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:42 am Ater took a 7 loss 2012-13 Webster team to regional finals and lost by 4 points with the best player on the bench for grades and one player over 6ft tall. Finished 18-8. Don’t act like he’s trash
Lol. How many soc championships does he have at burg? There’s more to it than having a miracle season. Any coach at burg can take a team to the regionals about 1 out of 5 years. Barrick and lovenguth both went to final four twice. He could be all knowing as an x and o coach but that doesn’t mean he’s a great coach. You’ve got to embrace community.....respect other coaches at your school... and most importantly CONTROL your team. How many basketball threads have we’ve seen the last two three seasons of burg players getting technicals or should be getting them. You’ve even stated it yourself. Who’s responsible for getting that under control? He may be a nice person but coach?
Go drink some Aterade.

The only person responsible for Truitts mouth is him.

20-4
26-1
So far looking another 20 win season

Can’t please anyone on pirate drive

Beatin the brakes off em in the thunderdome
Game count 2023 : 54
laser breath
Varsity

Post by laser breath »

Swanker Pine wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:04 pm
Swanker Pine wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:42 am Ater took a 7 loss 2012-13 Webster team to regional finals and lost by 4 points with the best player on the bench for grades and one player over 6ft tall. Finished 18-8. Don’t act like he’s trash
Lol. How many soc championships does he have at burg? There’s more to it than having a miracle season. Any coach at burg can take a team to the regionals about 1 out of 5 years. Barrick and lovenguth both went to final four twice. He could be all knowing as an x and o coach but that doesn’t mean he’s a great coach. You’ve got to embrace community.....respect other coaches at your school... and most importantly CONTROL your team. How many basketball threads have we’ve seen the last two three seasons of burg players getting technicals or should be getting them. You’ve even stated it yourself. Who’s responsible for getting that under control? He may be a nice person but coach?
Go drink some Aterade.

20-4
26-1

Oh hanky swanky. You’re not paying attention. You can go in there and coach and come out with a bunch of winning seasons. That’s not the problem

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

laser breath wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 6:57 am Lol. How many soc championships does he have at burg? There’s more to it than having a miracle season. Any coach at burg can take a team to the regionals about 1 out of 5 years. Barrick and lovenguth both went to final four twice. He could be all knowing as an x and o coach but that doesn’t mean he’s a great coach. You’ve got to embrace community.....respect other coaches at your school... and most importantly CONTROL your team. How many basketball threads have we’ve seen the last two three seasons of burg players getting technicals or should be getting them. You’ve even stated it yourself. Who’s responsible for getting that under control? He may be a nice person but coach?
There have been several threads about technical fouls in recent years, but I have been to nearly every one of those games and the comments on here are typically blown way out of proportion compared to what actually happened on the court and never mention the T that was given to the opposing team's player at the same time. A lot of this is fueled by people who simply don't like Burg and want to put everything done by a Burg player under a microscope. I would venture to guess that Burg is not the leader in technical fouls in the area in recent years, but for sure the leader on comments about them on SEOP.

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

laser breath wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:56 pm

Go drink some Aterade.

20-4
26-1

Oh hanky swanky. You’re not paying attention. You can go in there and coach and come out with a bunch of winning seasons. That’s not the problem
Where do I apply? I’ll coach the pirates from here on out.
HARVEST PREP ON UPSET ALERT 🚨

laser breath
Varsity

Post by laser breath »

Swanker Pine wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 3:40 pm

Go drink some Aterade.

20-4
26-1

I’d love to see hanky swanky on the sideline. You’ve already had more enthusiasm with the community in that one sentence. Come on!

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

laser breath wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 3:53 pm

I’d love to see hanky swanky on the sideline. You’ve already had more enthusiasm with the community in that one sentence. Come on!
Hanky swanky.... go drink some water Peter breath.

Nobody in the SOC or D3 would stop my 2-1-3 Zone.

PirateFan[69]
Varsity

Post by PirateFan[69] »

Go drink some Aterade.

20-4
26-1

:lol: :lol: I would pay to watch every game ol' swanky coaches for the Burg. I actually like the idea. HARVEST PREP ON UPSET ALERT 🚨

Return to “Boys Basketball”