1/24 Alexander (11-3) at Athens (10-4) Backyard Brawl

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Re: 1/24 Alexander (11-3) at Athens (10-4) Backyard Brawl

Post by Ironman92 »

Treyman3 wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:44 pm
pfloyd wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:30 pm
Treyman3 wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:17 pm #1 factor in seeding is wins and losses, that's a simple fact. Some coaches will dive into opponents more than others, some give more weight to what division teams are than others, but I think that stuff only comes into play when teams records are really close. I mean its hard to compare quality of opponents sometimes when a coach hasn't seen many of the teams play. How many teams in Jackson's conference have seen the MVL teams play and vice versa?
And THAT’S why you pay attention to the pfloyd rankings ! he HAS seen them , he DOES compare teams based on how they compare vs each other NO MATTER the division AND based on strength of schedule- just saying ... 😆
I do not believe you've made it to Northern Perry county. But yes, you've seen a lot more of the teams in the SE than any other coach, which is why seedings usually stick closer to record than anything else.
I know Logan doesn’t have a good record but impressed at Sheridan/Logan score.

6-4-3=2o
Varsity

Post by 6-4-3=2o »

Back to the game, boys! Both coming off losses on Tuesday. Both teams should come out hungry. These two large senior classes have had some unbelievable games going back to HVBL and junior high. I think we'll see another one. I'll take the Dogs in this one, 54-50.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

I'm really wondering if how the officials call the game will give an advantage to one of the teams over the other. Will physical play favor one team big time over the other? Being this go around is at Athens, I think the Spartans will have to shoot the ball very well from the outside to be able to beat the Bulldogs.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

VetteMan wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 12:10 am I'm really wondering if how the officials call the game will give an advantage to one of the teams over the other. Will physical play favor one team big time over the other? Being this go around is at Athens, I think the Spartans will have to shoot the ball very well from the outside to be able to beat the Bulldogs.
Great thing about using assigners now days, it seems really good officials end up at some of the best/most important games.
I'd be surprised if we didn't see one of our better SE district crews working this game Friday.

JC2124
Varsity

Post by JC2124 »

I would really like to go watch this one but we have to go to Miller👎🏻. I picked against the dogs against Warren. I have a feeling they are gonna win this one.

Bulldog84
All Conference

Post by Bulldog84 »

JC2124 wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 11:52 am I would really like to go watch this one but we have to go to Miller👎🏻. I picked against the dogs against Warren. I have a feeling they are gonna win this one.
You seem to suggest that Miller will not compete with you. I sure hope your players aren’t thinking the way you think. Just mention one word if they are! Wellston!

Stop making excuses and start making things happen!
JC2124
Varsity

Post by JC2124 »

Bulldog84 wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 12:17 pm
JC2124 wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 11:52 am I would really like to go watch this one but we have to go to Miller👎🏻. I picked against the dogs against Warren. I have a feeling they are gonna win this one.
You seem to suggest that Miller will not compete with you. I sure hope your players aren’t thinking the way you think. Just mention one word if they are! Wellston!
Not what I’m saying at all. Saying we have a game at Miller, a drive I hate. You are correct, we play like we did at Wellston we could get beat. A lot of reading between the lines you did there.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

I'd stop on The Plains & say my car broke down on the way to Miller. Lol

JC2124
Varsity

Post by JC2124 »

Well Bulldog84 would really judge me then lol. It should be a great game

vcgrad
All Conference

Post by vcgrad »

Alex will win if the feed Terry--Athens has no one to stop him. Poor coaching by Alex if they don't use him!!!!!! VC learned a few years back-when they had some size--you cant win if you don't use it!!!! Some of these coach's don't have any idea how to use big guys...…..

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

vcgrad wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 12:59 pm Alex will win if the feed Terry--Athens has no one to stop him. Poor coaching by Alex if they don't use him!!!!!! VC learned a few years back-when they had some size--you cant win if you don't use it!!!! Some of these coach's don't have any idea how to use big guys...…..
Athens doesn't have anyone?

Don't you mean nobody in southeastern Ohio?

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

vcgrad wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 12:59 pm Alex will win if the feed Terry--Athens has no one to stop him. Poor coaching by Alex if they don't use him!!!!!! VC learned a few years back-when they had some size--you cant win if you don't use it!!!! Some of these coach's don't have any idea how to use big guys...…..
VC hasn’t had any size in a very long time that was good. Alexander has had some very good post players over the years. Like most schools the bigs never line up with good guard play

Ground Buck
All Conference

Post by Ground Buck »

Butcher will dominate this game. He's too physical for Alex to handle. Plus, it's at Athens, soooo... :mrgreen:

Disclaimer: This is all an opinion and I am therefore hoping we can still express opinions on this site without retort.
Bulldog84
All Conference

Post by Bulldog84 »

JC2124 wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 12:35 pm Well Bulldog84 would really judge me then lol. It should be a great game
Lol. I’m not judging, just trying to help you keep focus.
Last edited by Bulldog84 on Thu Jan 23, 2020 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bulldog84
All Conference

Post by Bulldog84 »

Ground Buck wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 2:14 pm Butcher will dominate this game. He's too physical for Alex to handle. Plus, it's at Athens, soooo... :mrgreen:
Butcher has the ability to dominate, let’s see how it goes.

vcgrad
All Conference

Post by vcgrad »

Just seem like no coach will use their size--everyone wants to shoot the three!!!!!!!!!!! No reason why Terry does not score double figures ---Most of SE Ohio is weak--he should dominate the paint. Feel sorry for him.

Bulldog84
All Conference

Post by Bulldog84 »

vcgrad wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 3:12 pm Just seem like no coach will use their size--everyone wants to shoot the three!!!!!!!!!!! No reason why Terry does not score double figures ---Most of SE Ohio is weak--he should dominate the paint. Feel sorry for him.
If he were a little more aggressive he probably could dominate the paint.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

You can’t score if you can’t get the ball, Jackson coaches and players executed a brilliant game plan. Be strong , be physicall and be relentless.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Ironman92 wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:41 pm
pfloyd wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:34 pm
Treyman3 wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:17 pm #1 factor in seeding is wins and losses, that's a simple fact. Some coaches will dive into opponents more than others, some give more weight to what division teams are than others, but I think that stuff only comes into play when teams records are really close. I mean its hard to compare quality of opponents sometimes when a coach hasn't seen many of the teams play. How many teams in Jackson's conference have seen the MVL teams play and vice versa?
... I’ve had the pleasure of being in a few of the meeting by the committee of one ... the back and forth is endless! 3-4 to 4 hour meeting every single Sunday! ... it “ ain’t “ just about the record ...
You giving your Jackson/Alex rundown
... obviously it will be late - I have one of those pesky day jobs that calls for my attention at times LOL ... can't afford my gas for PFLOYD1 without petrol PFLOYD1 is groundedLOL ... I will put a rundown together and post it as I need to post the "Players of the Game" as well ... Alexander's Kyler D'Augustino stands out for sure as he was the most consistent along with Lucas Markins ! the young man came in and dropped 9 points in 4:06 on the game clock ... the young man should have played sooner as THE entry man for feeding 6-10 in the post ... when Schaller feed the post for AHS the Jackson D continued to double the post because Schaller isn't a threat on the perimeter ...enter young Mr. Markins - Markin's feeds the post, Jackson would have HAD TO leave the double team on 6-10 and guarded the 3 point line as Markins CAN hit the 3 ball (2 in the 4:06 he was in the game, 1 vs EB, 1 vs Adena - he has a history of being able to knock it down from the perimeter) EVEN if you keep Schaller in the game, move 6-10 to the opposite block, have the entry pass come in from Easley, Kearns, D'Augustino they ALL can hit the 3, they ALL could have pulled the double team off of 6-10 ... oh well, I'm just a cheap seat guy ... Jackson did a great job defending 6-10 fronting and behind ... Alex did a horrible job of feeding the post , as I92 pointed out on the other thread - Alex had as many TOs trying to feed the post as 6-10 had touches in the post on the blocks ... I92 I smile the entire game when a TEAM plays a game like the Ironmen did - a great game plan put together by Coach Morrow & staff, great execution on the court both defensively and on the offensive end (knocking down 3's 8/16 on the game ... all on offensive movement of the ball- the extra pass - Wallis/Bragg (outstanding game by Bragg)/Donaldson/Brown - they all converted the extra pass to a 3 ...

Athens has to do the same - hit the perimeter shoot, make the extra pass, use their speed to push the ball 94 feet for 32 minutes ... defensively put on ball perimeter pressure on Kearns/D'A /Easley/ and I think Markins gets more PT this game - too good of a threat on the perimeter to not be in the game (as I said HE opens the paint up for 6-10 to PLAY LIKE 6-10 offensively ) ...

... Jackson vs Alexander rundown forthcoming ...

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

I see Joe Burrow is back in Athens. 93bulldog and PFloyd better save him a seat

Return to “Boys Basketball”