Alexander (11-2) @ Jackson (13-2)

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Re: Alexander (11-2) @ Jackson (13-2)

Post by pfloyd »

... I look for Jackson to come out of the blocks and GUARD on the perimeter both Kearns and D'Augustino - as has been mentioned they BOTH can shoot the 3 ball ... D'Augustino in particular - he is going to be one of the BEST ever in SEOhio by the time he is done - only freshmen - outstanding ... I keep waiting for 6-10 to be dominant at BOTH ends ... I have watch 6-10 many many times over the years and the Alexander offense has NEVER gone through 6-10 in the paint - never ... when I saw Alexander beat Eastern Brown at Chesapeake THAT game was the first game in 4 years that 6-10 has stayed in the game/not in foul trouble ... 6-10 dominated the paint at the defensive end of the court - outstanding job blocking/changing shots ... I love seeing 6-10 be 6-10 doing what I've wanted to see from him for 4 years LOL ... it just amazes me that he never sees the ball every single time Alexander comes down court - either getting to the rim , or kicking it back out ... he should be touching the ball every time down court imo ... but hey! the Spartans are 11-2 without going through 6-10 every time down court - who can argue !!! ... going to be fun to watch both the Alex vs Jackson game Tues and then the Athens vs Alex on Friday ... 2 different animals for Alex - Jackson not as physical in the paint ... Athens with Butcher - big time physical play ... a fun week coming up !

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

pfloyd wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 9:49 pm ... I look for Jackson to come out of the blocks and GUARD on the perimeter both Kearns and D'Augustino - as has been mentioned they BOTH can shoot the 3 ball ... D'Augustino in particular - he is going to be one of the BEST ever in SEOhio by the time he is done - only freshmen - outstanding ... I keep waiting for 6-10 to be dominant at BOTH ends ... I have watch 6-10 many many times over the years and the Alexander offense has NEVER gone through 6-10 in the paint - never ... when I saw Alexander beat Eastern Brown at Chesapeake THAT game was the first game in 4 years that 6-10 has stayed in the game/not in foul trouble ... 6-10 dominated the paint at the defensive end of the court - outstanding job blocking/changing shots ... I love seeing 6-10 be 6-10 doing what I've wanted to see from him for 4 years LOL ... it just amazes me that he never sees the ball every single time Alexander comes down court - either getting to the rim , or kicking it back out ... he should be touching the ball every time down court imo ... but hey! the Spartans are 11-2 without going through 6-10 every time down court - who can argue !!! ... going to be fun to watch both the Alex vs Jackson game Tues and then the Athens vs Alex on Friday ... 2 different animals for Alex - Jackson not as physical in the paint ... Athens with Butcher - big time physical play ... a fun week coming up !
Spires and Winters our football boys are both back and healthy now. They are quite physical. They aren’t Butcher but they will make things difficult off the bench.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Ironman92 wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:27 pm
pfloyd wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 9:49 pm ... I look for Jackson to come out of the blocks and GUARD on the perimeter both Kearns and D'Augustino - as has been mentioned they BOTH can shoot the 3 ball ... D'Augustino in particular - he is going to be one of the BEST ever in SEOhio by the time he is done - only freshmen - outstanding ... I keep waiting for 6-10 to be dominant at BOTH ends ... I have watch 6-10 many many times over the years and the Alexander offense has NEVER gone through 6-10 in the paint - never ... when I saw Alexander beat Eastern Brown at Chesapeake THAT game was the first game in 4 years that 6-10 has stayed in the game/not in foul trouble ... 6-10 dominated the paint at the defensive end of the court - outstanding job blocking/changing shots ... I love seeing 6-10 be 6-10 doing what I've wanted to see from him for 4 years LOL ... it just amazes me that he never sees the ball every single time Alexander comes down court - either getting to the rim , or kicking it back out ... he should be touching the ball every time down court imo ... but hey! the Spartans are 11-2 without going through 6-10 every time down court - who can argue !!! ... going to be fun to watch both the Alex vs Jackson game Tues and then the Athens vs Alex on Friday ... 2 different animals for Alex - Jackson not as physical in the paint ... Athens with Butcher - big time physical play ... a fun week coming up !
Spires and Winters our football boys are both back and healthy now. They are quite physical. They aren’t Butcher but they will make things difficult off the bench.
Good to hear I92 ... I think the Jackson defense plays well in the Alexander game , having some folks who can put a body on 6-10 in the paint is a plus, make 6-10 work inside and keep 6-10 off the boards and keep him honest in the paint where 6-10 can't just roam as backup ... should be a good game imo ...

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

pfloyd wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:44 pm
Ironman92 wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:27 pm
Good to hear I92 ... I think the Jackson defense plays well in the Alexander game , having some folks who can put a body on 6-10 in the paint is a plus, make 6-10 work inside and keep 6-10 off the boards and keep him honest in the paint where 6-10 can't just roam as backup ... should be a good game imo ...
We haven’t played a 6’10 and Chiily’s talent at 6’5 and 6’7 gave us big problems but we have faced MT’s 6’6 1/2 and 6’7 living in that lane and contesting every dang thing. I know he’s extra long but we have been moving the ball outstanding and 4 players have been shooting well.

I like our chances but he will be a huge factor and no one looking past Alexander, they are excellent.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... between Kearns & D'Augustino the Spartans opened the EB game by burying 8/9 triples in the first 2 quarters ... got to find D'A in the corner for sure he is deadly LOL ... EB got behind by 18 points in the first half and could never get back in the game as Alexander is more than happy to take a minute + per offensive possession when they have a lead ... EB couldn't get a ball over, past 6-10 in the paint so they jacked up threes and couldn't hit anything (4/23 for the game) ...

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

pfloyd wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 11:05 pm ... between Kearns & D'Augustino the Spartans opened the EB game by burying 8/9 triples in the first 2 quarters ... got to find D'A in the corner for sure he is deadly LOL ... EB got behind by 18 points in the first half and could never get back in the game as Alexander is more than happy to take a minute + per offensive possession when they have a lead ... EB couldn't get a ball over, past 6-10 in the paint so they jacked up threes and couldn't hit anything (4/23 for the game) ...
I agree completely Pfloyd, Kearns & D'Augustino will be the pair that will have to somewhat be kept under control. D'Augustino does not play like a freshman at all, just think what he may be for 3 more years. I still think that they were not that much better than Eastern Brown, that day yes, but if EB had hit even a few of there outside shots early on, and not dug such a big hole for themselves, I think we may have seen the real EB. I watched Terry the last couple years against Oak Hill, they didn't play through him on offense either one of those years either. I know he had 6pts in one of those games, I don't remember what he had in the other game, but it wasn't very many. I don't remember him being in foul trouble in either game, plus I'm pretty sure that OH won both years. Should be a very good ballgame, I don't think they will leave Jackson with the big head, because I think the Ironmen will win the game.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

I do hate we aren’t in school tomorrow. Day off for kids due to conferences.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Alex 56
Jackson 53

Sparty wont be at a huge disadvantage playing in Jackson, they've played there a ton in the tournament. Kind of a home away from home.

GRFan
Varsity

Post by GRFan »

Ironmen are very quick and well coached. Alexander is very good but will have to step it up a notch to beat the Ironmen. Nothing against Alexander, Ironmen just has a lot more depth.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Freshman game starts at 4:45

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

After seeing both I think Alex wins this game by 6-7 points.... but after my disastrous prediction that Burg/Ptown would be close I’m not sure even I trust my predictions anymore..

Watching SE Ohio basketball
Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

bbjunky81 wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 11:14 pm After seeing both I think Alex wins this game by 6-7 points.... but after my disastrous prediction that Burg/Ptown would be close I’m not sure even I trust my predictions anymore..
I will ask when you saw Jackson?

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

If the Ironmen don't go cold they win this one.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Freshman

Jackson 41
Alexander 33

Jackson frosh moves to 10-1

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo