Varsity

Wheelersburg @ Greenup 1/25

Post by PirateFan[69] »

Might be a good game across the river..

art_vandelay
SE

Re: Wheelersburg @ Greenup 1/25

Post by art_vandelay »

Heard Greenup has a stud athlete that moved in this year from Louisville (6'5" kid with hops). Judging by some of their scores, they appear to be a solid team. Might have to go check this one out Saturday.*

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

Nice road win for Burg tonight. Their starting five is solid and they play very disciplined offense and defense. Not much depth and still wonder about their shooting, but nice team all-around. McCorkle really playing big for them on both ends of the court.

Greenup had a real good point guard. Just one of those kids that seems to do everything right. The transfer from Louisville was a great athlete, but it gotta be real frustrating to coach him. Kid was best athlete on the floor and should have dominated that game on both ends, but he couldn’t give a darn about defense or passing to his teammates. He sit out the majority of the first quarter so I assume coach already having some problems with him.*

laser breath
Varsity

Post by laser breath »

art_vandelay wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 12:50 am Nice road win for Burg tonight. Their starting five is solid and they play very disciplined offense and defense. Not much depth and still wonder about their shooting, but nice team all-around. McCorkle really playing big for them on both ends of the court.

Greenup had a real good point guard. Just one of those kids that seems to do everything right. The transfer from Louisville was a great athlete, but it gotta be real frustrating to coach him. Kid was best athlete on the floor and should have dominated that game on both ends, but he couldn’t give a darn about defense or passing to his teammates. He sit out the majority of the first quarter so I assume coach already having some problems with him.*
Agree. He has zero motor. But he didn’t start both halves so he could be not feeling well or in trouble

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

laser breath wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 1:27 pm
art_vandelay wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 12:50 am Nice road win for Burg tonight. Their starting five is solid and they play very disciplined offense and defense. Not much depth and still wonder about their shooting, but nice team all-around. McCorkle really playing big for them on both ends of the court.

Agree. He has zero motor. But he didn’t start both halves so he could be not feeling well or in trouble
laser: good point about that player possibly being under the weather. If that was the case, i'll just shut up now. But you definitely can't deny the natural talent there.*

ManitouDan2
SE

Post by ManitouDan2 »

Yeah I saw that kid play about 6 weeks ago . He had a BIG night that evening. But I saw the same . Crazy athletic , very talented , but totally undisclipined . As was the team . What was the score of this contest ?

ManitouDan2
SE

Post by ManitouDan2 »

As the kid is from Lexington , Dunbar I believe .

d-5
SEOPS HOF

Post by d-5 »

ManitouDan2 wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 9:36 pm Yeah I saw that kid play about 6 weeks ago . He had a BIG night that evening. But I saw the same . Crazy athletic , very talented , but totally undisclipined . As was the team . What was the score of this contest ?
Wheelersburg 62
Greenup County 52

PirateFan[69]
Varsity

Post by PirateFan[69] »

I heard that he received a technical foul the night before against Lewis County, causing him to not start this game. I also noticed his lack of energy and enthusiasm, although he looked to have good potential.

Return to “Boys Basketball”