Piketon @ Unioto

mlittle
SEOP

Re: Piketon @ Unioto

Post by mlittle »

pfloyd wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 2:47 pm ... excellent W for the U vs a dangerous .500 team ... Coach Miller continues to bring this team along, getting them ready for the "one and done" season ... teams are NOW at their most dangerous - roles have been figured out, rotations are in place , MOST teams who have been dealing with injuries are getting the players BACK that they thought would be making major contributions going into the season ... the youngsters AREN'T rookies anymore ... this is the time of the season pfloyd personally enjoys - those .500 teams are better than their .500 records ... even the teams in bottom 1/3 of the rankings have found out "who" they are as a TEAM - with the right match-up (and that's what hoops is about) - with the right match-ups those teams in the bottom 1/3 can put an "L" on a higher ranked team ... NOW is the time to GET OUT and SEE teams !!! the final 3 weeks of the regular season taking use into the Road to Basketball :30
I’m here to tell anyone that’ll listen. This Piketon team is gonna be good next year. Wouldn’t be surprised to see them flirt with the top 8 at some point.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

mlittle wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 3:22 pm
pfloyd wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 2:47 pm ... excellent W for the U vs a dangerous .500 team ... Coach Miller continues to bring this team along, getting them ready for the "one and done" season ... teams are NOW at their most dangerous - roles have been figured out, rotations are in place , MOST teams who have been dealing with injuries are getting the players BACK that they thought would be making major contributions going into the season ... the youngsters AREN'T rookies anymore ... this is the time of the season pfloyd personally enjoys - those .500 teams are better than their .500 records ... even the teams in bottom 1/3 of the rankings have found out "who" they are as a TEAM - with the right match-up (and that's what hoops is about) - with the right match-ups those teams in the bottom 1/3 can put an "L" on a higher ranked team ... NOW is the time to GET OUT and SEE teams !!! the final 3 weeks of the regular season taking use into the Road to Basketball :30
I’m here to tell anyone that’ll listen. This Piketon team is gonna be good next year. Wouldn’t be surprised to see them flirt with the top 8 at some point.
... I agree mlittle ... Piketon has been flirting with taking the step UP the rankings the last few years, playing right around or just about .500 ball ... I feel strongly Coach Miller will have them TAKING that step UP come next season ...

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... for me doing the rankings THIS is the part of the season that I pay close attention to ... the rookies aren't rookies anymore, I look at the makeup of the starters (gradewise) , start looking at what teams have returning for next year, I will gather all of the post season information I can, gather my own napkin stats, my eye's on knowledge for the teams I've seen ... THAT's how I start getting the 2020-21 Preseason rankings rolling here in the pfloyd hoops room/study ...

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

pfloyd wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 3:31 pm
... for me doing the rankings THIS is the part of the season that I pay close attention to ... the rookies aren't rookies anymore, I look at the makeup of the starters (gradewise) , start looking at what teams have returning for next year, I will gather all of the post season information I can, gather my own napkin stats, my eye's on knowledge for the teams I've seen ... THAT's how I start getting the 2020-21 Preseason rankings rolling here in the pfloyd hoops room/study ...
Piketon like a lot of teams are playing all kids with very little varsity experience. Most don’t realize what a year getting your brains beat in really does for a teams growth. Throw in the kids bodies getting a year bigger stronger and faster and another off season under Kyle Miller and I’m telling you watch out. This is a potential d3 district champ next year. I look at them and see us last year and look at the leap we made.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

mlittle wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 3:37 pm

Piketon like a lot of teams are playing all kids with very little varsity experience. Most don’t realize what a year getting your brains beat in really does for a teams growth. Throw in the kids bodies getting a year bigger stronger and faster and another off season under Kyle Miller and I’m telling you watch out. This is a potential d3 district champ next year. I look at them and see us last year and look at the leap we made.
Yep, last year Coach Hoops WAS rebuilding - HE played a lot of kids, which from my vantage point in the Cheap Seats spells lots of varsity playing time, hard knocks at the varsity level , learning and growing as a TEAM, players - ALL players figuring out where they fit into TEAM ... when THIS type of situation takes place under the leadership of good Coaches - Coach Hoops & Co., Coach Miller & Co. , Coach Stiverson/Coach Holbert, Coach Maddox & Co. Coach Eversole & Co., Coach Speed & Co., Coach Davis & Co. Coach Arey & Co , WE are blessed in Southern/Southeast Ohio to have bunch of quality coaches & staffs - with ALL of the natural growth of the kids physically & with off season ball ... the next year produces RESULTS - guaranteed ...

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

pfloyd wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 3:48 pm
mlittle wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 3:37 pm

Yep, last year Coach Hoops WAS rebuilding - HE played a lot of kids, which from my vantage point in the Cheap Seats spells lots of varsity playing time, hard knocks at the varsity level , learning and growing as a TEAM, players - ALL players figuring out where they fit into TEAM ... when THIS type of situation takes place under the leadership of good Coaches - Coach Hoops & Co., Coach Miller & Co. , Coach Stiverson/Coach Holbert, Coach Maddox & Co. Coach Eversole & Co., Coach Speed & Co., Coach Davis & Co. Coach Arey & Co , WE are blessed in Southern/Southeast Ohio to have bunch of quality coaches & staffs - with ALL of the natural growth of the kids physically & with off season ball ... the next year produces RESULTS - guaranteed ...
Amen!

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

VetteMan wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 2:33 pm
U2K wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 9:56 pm Great Game tonight. Little still a step off with his injury but his no quit tough attitude is great to see in a high school athlete. Love watching these guys night in & night out not knowing who’s gonna step in & carry the load. Lots of guys can do it but tends to be a different one each night. Everyone willing to step up when needed.
Great win against a solid & well coached Piketon team.
Being your game tonight is a non-league game, do you think your son will still give it a go and play against Circleville ?
Hell Vetteman he’s my kid and I don’t even know when he’s playing anymore 🤷‍♂️ I didn’t think he was playing last night and we all see how that went.

Return to “Boys Basketball”