6th man

Truthreader
Waterboy

6th man

Post by Truthreader »

Who is everyone picking as their 6th man? Who changes the game the most when they come in off the bench?

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Re: 6th man

Post by Ironman92 »

Truthreader wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 11:52 am Who is everyone picking as their 6th man? Who changes the game the most when they come in off the bench?
Good topic

For Jackson early in the season it was Boston Kuhn coming in instant offense from the perimeter, but then became a starter....then it was Drew Bragg coming off as 6 man but he too moved to starring role and now our current 6th man is Evan Spires who is coming off a broken leg during football and is really getting back into his basketball game. He comes in and gives a great all-around game and basketball smarts.

Truthreader
Waterboy

Post by Truthreader »

Ironman92 wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 12:11 pm
Truthreader wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 11:52 am Who is everyone picking as their 6th man? Who changes the game the most when they come in off the bench?
Good topic

For Jackson early in the season it was Boston Kuhn coming in instant offense from the perimeter, but then became a starter....then it was Drew Bragg coming off as 6 man but he too moved to starring role and now our current 6th man is Evan Spires who is coming off a broken leg during football and is really getting back into his basketball game. He comes in and gives a great all-around game and basketball smarts.
I thought it was a good topic too. But guess it goes on who starts the topic if anyone responds to it. Kinda like FB

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Truthreader wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 3:29 pm
Ironman92 wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 12:11 pm
Good topic

I thought it was a good topic too. But guess it goes on who starts the topic if anyone responds to it. Kinda like FB
No, it’s a good topic. I too try to start threads on others besides the stars everyone knows. Not much talk but this board has hundreds of readers and about 10 of us feel like regular posters. Keep posting my friend. What are your thoughts on best 6th men?

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

For Peebles ,it depends on who they are playing. Usually Browning is the only sure starter. Coach plays 9 regularly and different lineup dependent on matchups. I guess for us that 6 the man would probably be Camp for guard defense or Mills or Burba if instant offense is needed. Maybe Westley rebounding and interior defense is needed.Lightner if lock down defense is needed.

Scottyboy
Riding the Bench

Post by Scottyboy »

For Fed Hock, I have 3 different "6th men." Basim off the bench for his scoring. He is deadly from the 3. Miller for rebounding. Missed the start of the season, but has came along nicely. Third, I'd say Carpenter. He is excellent with ball handling.

JC2124
Varsity

Post by JC2124 »

Scottyboy wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 4:11 pm For Fed Hock, I have 3 different "6th men." Basim off the bench for his scoring. He is deadly from the 3. Miller for rebounding. Missed the start of the season, but has came along nicely. Third, I'd say Carpenter. He is excellent with ball handling.
Carpenter and Basim have both started multiple games. They are normally the first subs in. They both can be game changers. Miller is still getting into basketball shape. You can never have enough 6’5 kids that can run. Big week for the Lancers. 3 games this week, at Southern and Peebles comes to town on Saturday.

Scottyboy
Riding the Bench

Post by Scottyboy »

JC2124 wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 5:01 pm
Scottyboy wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 4:11 pm For Fed Hock, I have 3 different "6th men." Basim off the bench for his scoring. He is deadly from the 3. Miller for rebounding. Missed the start of the season, but has came along nicely. Third, I'd say Carpenter. He is excellent with ball handling.
Carpenter and Basim have both started multiple games. They are normally the first subs in. They both can be game changers. Miller is still getting into basketball shape. You can never have enough 6’5 kids that can run. Big week for the Lancers. 3 games this week, at Southern and Peebles comes to town on Saturday.
I'll have to go check them out against Peebles.

Point blank
Freshman Team

Post by Point blank »

Hands down Malachi Potts

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

JC2124 wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 5:01 pm
Looking forward to making the two hour trip up there Saturday. I will have to MapQuest it.

JC2124
Varsity

Post by JC2124 »

It’s pretty easy to find. Not all that far from Athens.

FH
8461 State Route 144
Stewart Ohio 45778

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

JC2124 wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 6:35 pm It’s pretty easy to find. Not all that far from Athens.

FH
8461 State Route 144
Stewart Ohio 45778
Ok. Thx

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Ironman92 wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 3:42 pm No, it’s a good topic. I too try to start threads on others besides the stars everyone knows. Not much talk but this board has hundreds of readers and about 10 of us feel like regular posters. Keep posting my friend. What are your thoughts on best 6th men?
I keep trying to get more in Athens County and TVC to post. I’m like if I can post, you will be fine. :lol:

Proud_Pirate63
S

Post by Proud_Pirate63 »

For Wheelersburg, I would have to say Kenny Sanderlin or Aaron Jolly. Depending on how the game is going and what the need is at that particular time. Sanderlin is a strong kid who can bump around with the big guys and rebounds well. Never afraid to take it to the hoop. Jolly is a great ball handler who is quick as a cat. He uses that quickness to cut off passing lanes and plays aggressive defense. He can also be deadly from behind the arc.

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

The Snowman Brady Blizzard. Ain’t afraid to drive it in there and bust em in the chops on those 6’5 kids

Beatin the brakes off em in the thunderdome
Game count 2023 : 54
Raiderball
SEOPS H

Post by Raiderball »

It's always nice to have someone off the bench that can either make shots or maybe you want a strong defender to shut down an opponent. I've said for years now It's not always who starts that's important but who finishes.

Return to “Boys Basketball”