Can we please get rid of this rule

mlittle
SEOP

Can we please get rid of this rule

Post by mlittle »

What is the purpose of the technical foul for dunking in warmups once the refs come out?

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Re: Can we please get rid of this rule

Post by pfloyd »

mlittle wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 7:42 pm What is the purpose of the technical foul for dunking in warmups once the refs come out?
... I agree !!! Warren vs Waverly at Piketon back on Nov 30th ! BOTH teams were called for a technical for dunking in warm ups BOTH coaches had to SIT the entire game :roll: ... com'on man !!! let them play !!! let them dunk in warm ups !!!

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

Agree. Fayetteville had one get caught at Peebles last night. No sure the coach had to sit though. I believe the coach held the player out the first minute of the game though

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

I hope they get pulled over for going 56 in a 55

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Stupid rule. And really stupid if coach has to sit the entire game because of it.

mrwonderful
Varsity

Post by mrwonderful »

Serves no purpose. You can dunk in a game but god forbid you pull this stunt in warmups!!!!!!! Another stupid rule I'm assuming by OHSAA... Be like a place kicker in football who's allowed to practice extra points in pre-game warmups but you better not let referee catch you trying a 40 plus yard field goal or you'll be penalized 3 points!!!!!!!!!!!!! You can shoot layups players but don't let me catch you dunking that ball!!!!!What's wrong with you young man!!!!!!!! You know better than to pull a stunt like that!!!!!

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Us Jackson folks don’t care. We’ve had like 3 kids that could dunk in the last 40 years.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

One of the dumbest rules in all of the sport. Really serves no purpose whatsoever

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

In the Waverly vs Warren game ... Warren had just lost their PG for the season a week before the season ... Coach Maddox NEEDED to be talk to his youngsters - only lost by 3 to Waverly ...

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

Always been a huge fan of when teams in the postseason sneak a quick pre-game dunk in at the Convo, with someone on each squad keeping their eyes peeled for when the refs enter the floor.

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

Always thought this was a dumb rule.

Big Daddy 7371
Varsity

Post by Big Daddy 7371 »

yes very stupid!!!!
Now the coach said No more Dunking in warmups
People like watching the kids DUNK
gets people fired up

Super trooper
All State

Post by Super trooper »

It should be a rule that if you dunk in warmups, you have to dunk in the game

Tater
Waterboy

Post by Tater »

Lol with all the other rules , this is what the talk is about ?

Kids are taught to follow the rules no matter how dumb they are if your kids don't follow rules you should be sitting down get control of your kids and you don't lose games by not being able to coach lol

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Tater wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 11:07 pm Lol with all the other rules , this is what the talk is about ?

Kids are taught to follow the rules no matter how dumb they are if your kids don't follow rules you should be sitting down get control of your kids and you don't lose games by not being able to coach lol
Rules were put in place to be followed. Lol there are typically reasons for rules other than them being put in place so they have to be followed. Does anyone know why this rule was ever implemented and is it out dated? There is no advantage or disadvantages to doing this in warmups. I’m genuinely curious as to why it is even a rule

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

mlittle wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 12:34 am
Tater wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 11:07 pm Lol with all the other rules , this is what the talk is about ?

Rules were put in place to be followed. Lol there are typically reasons for rules other than them being put in place so they have to be followed. Does anyone know why this rule was ever implemented and is it out dated? There is no advantage or disadvantages to doing this in warmups. I’m genuinely curious as to why it is even a rule
I'm pretty sure no dunking was allowed back when I was in school. The dark ages. haha! Afraid of injuries I think. Undercuts ,broken fingers etc...

thebarlowbandit
All State

Post by thebarlowbandit »

mlittle wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 7:42 pm What is the purpose of the technical foul for dunking in warmups once the refs come out?
It’s actually a rule designed to go after the families of transfers. People used to get mad at 70’s theme songs, so now it’s all about taking out supe-athlete.

6-4-3=2o
Varsity

Post by 6-4-3=2o »

mlittle wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 8:24 pm One of the dumbest rules in all of the sport. Really serves no purpose whatsoever
Very irrelevant today. Agree, throw the rule out the window

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Yeah I enjoy watching the youngsters trying to dunk it down in warm ups and I believe most do as you always here the ooos and aaaas when someone can throw a good one down. Not even sure what the purpose of the rule is honestly, maybe all teams if they got kids who can do it need to be dunking when the refs come out. Maybe it's time to push back on the rule

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

thebarlowbandit wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 1:09 am
It’s actually a rule designed to go after the families of transfers. People used to get mad at 70’s theme songs, so now it’s all about taking out supe-athlete.
Really surprised to hear from a Piketon troll. The season we are having has seemed to suppress most of you. Good for you for not staying hidden like the rest.

Return to “Boys Basketball”