Waterboy

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio Week #8

Post by sebuckeye »

Not that it really matters Southeastern is 4-13

OHHS old timer
SEOPS HOF

Post by OHHS old timer »

Oaks move up a notch and go to the Burg on Tuesday...huge matchup.

Maybe with Kallner back the score will be different this time??

I'm not old, I'm mold....still growing!!
2019 NCAA Tournament Pick 'em champ
OHHS old timer
SEOPS HOF

Post by OHHS old timer »

OHHS old timer wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 1:26 pm Oaks move up a notch and go to the Burg on Tuesday...huge matchup.

Maybe with Kallner back the score will be different this time??
Huge week actually. At Burg on Tuesday..then Waverly visits us Friday...GINORMOUS week really

I'm not old, I'm mold....still growing!!
2019 NCAA Tournament Pick 'em champ
Ed Ott
Varsity

Post by Ed Ott »

Wasn’t positive my Cavs would still be #1, though Fairland barely beat Portsmouth in overtime. Jackson is hot but they come to our place soon if Waverly doesn’t beat them first

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

93Bulldog wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 10:06 pm Trimble vs Southern is 2/21 floyd
Thanks 93dog ...

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

sebuckeye wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 12:32 am Not that it really matters Southeastern is 4-13
I’ll fix it , thank you.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Looks pretty good Pfloyd, probably a lot of back and forth at times, still a lot of basketball to be played.

CavalierAlum05
Varsity

Post by CavalierAlum05 »

Chillicothe not deserving of #1 right now. playing bad ball at a bad time.

Go Cavs

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

CavalierAlum05 wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 7:59 am Chillicothe not deserving of #1 right now. playing bad ball at a bad time.

Go Cavs
Who in the top 8 would you pick to beat them?

CavalierAlum05
Varsity

Post by CavalierAlum05 »

mlittle wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 10:16 am
CavalierAlum05 wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 7:59 am Chillicothe not deserving of #1 right now. playing bad ball at a bad time.

Go Cavs
No one. but this list cant be a "who can beat who list." If it were all one division sure. but this list is an apples to oranges comparison.
Chilli SHOULD beat everyone on in the top 8. but are they the best TEAM? Not even close. Tourney time will show that. Watch how many of the other top 8 have nice tourney runs.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

CavalierAlum05 wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 10:48 am
mlittle wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 10:16 am

Go Cavs
No one. but this list cant be a "who can beat who list." If it were all one division sure. but this list is an apples to oranges comparison.
Chilli SHOULD beat everyone on in the top 8. but are they the best TEAM? Not even close. Tourney time will show that. Watch how many of the other top 8 have nice tourney runs.
I think that’s exactly what the rankings are is a who can beat who. He’s listing the top 8 regardless of division. Just because Chillicothe is D1 and will more than likely lose early in the tournament doesn’t mean they still aren’t the best team in our area

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

Chillicothe is where they should be on pfloyd's rankings.....#1.......they play the toughest non-conference schedule in the SE district and that should factor into the Elite 8 rankings. How they will do in the tournament should have no bearing on the top 8. They're D1, and have to go to the Central District for their sectional/district, so that puts them in a really tough spot.

All the other schools in the SE district, with the exception of Logan, have the security blanket of playing just SE district schools through the district tournament. So naturally it would figure that there will be several SE district schools from D2, D3, and D4 that will still be playing a week or two after the Cavaliers are probably eliminated. It's unfortunate that CHS is D1, because if they were D2, they would advance to the Athens regional and maybe the Final 4.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

Chillicothe is hands down the #1 team in SEO and that's the point of these rankings. Even on an off night they would beat #2 Fairland (and yes, I've seen both teams).

Division 1 is just a whole different animal. If they were D2 you're looking at the favorite to win the Regional and an outside shot at the title.

Division 1 they will consider it a very successful season if they even make the District Final of the loaded Central District.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
Reds Fan
JV Team

Post by Reds Fan »

If you don't think Chillcothe is the best team in SEO then I think you have a few screws loose.

CavalierAlum05
Varsity

Post by CavalierAlum05 »

more than a few!

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... Chillicothe IS the best we have in SEOhio no matter the division ... I've seen ALL of the top teams in my rankings in person (22 of my top 25 Sheridan/Wheelersburg/Ironton are the exceptions - but I have seen full game video of the Burg and Ironton) ... I feel confident that I can make accurate comparisons of the teams with each other to come up with where I have them. Chillicothe's losses DO show a concern vs D1 in post season BUT it doesn't reflect on how they would do vs the rest of SEO's D2,D3,D4 teams ... they simply are the best of the best vs SEO teams ... with THAT said the Cavs have to prove it - CHS travels to the ONLY other D1 team Below the Lancaster-Dixon Line next Tuesday to face off with Logan a team who played St.Charles , Chilli lost to St Chucks on the road , Logan lost to St Charles 53-59 @ Logan ... Cavs play @ Logan Tuesday, then play @ the WarriorDome vs Coach Maddox's Warriors ... will finish up vs Jackson at home and Miami Trace @ home ... Chilli & Logan play two of the toughest schedules in the SEO district going above the LD-Line to play ... both when they play teams in the SE District have to get it done ... if Chillicothe is to drop out of the #1 spot it will be due to a loss to one the remaining teams FROM the SEO district ...

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Chesapeake vs Fairland Friday night !!! I'm ready !!! hope everyone is healthy on both sides for this one ... a couple outstanding coaches in Coach Davis for CHS and Coach Speed for FHS ... excellent players , both teams are young , both teams will be battling it out AGAIN next season ... I won't even mind the 2 hour drive each way !!! good basketball IS good basketball ... Chesapeake vs Fairland THAT'S GOOD BASKETBALL ! ...

Firebreather
Freshman Team

Post by Firebreather »

Any napkin stats on the game pfloyd?

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

My Tigers just went to Oak Hill, a very tough place to play, and knocked off the Oaks in an epic 32 minute battle. My Tigers, playing just 6 players, outlasted the Oaks in the end in what is likely the last battle between Persin and Robertson. Both teams left it all on the floor last night and there was nothing but total respect for each other afterwards.

I’m expecting my Tigers to move up the elite8 ladder and should they travel to Jackson and knock off the Ironmen tonight, possibly a top 8 spot. What say ye Pfloyd?

Return to “Boys Basketball”