Meigs vs Eastern

itsme
Varsity

Re: Meigs vs Eastern

Post by itsme »

Tomkitty wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 7:45 pm
Girlbye wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 12:41 pm The new guy had a better record in his first year coaching than hill had his entire career coaching at Eastern. He’s about to do it again. Eastern isn’t as big as Meigs hence the different conference but let’s see what he does with them when his two key players aren’t there. And yes... one key player makes a difference two make a world of difference. It’s no secret since one can’t play today, that’s why he canceled the game with VC. He’s the only one in the county with snow issues? Uh no. Senior can’t play and all of a sudden only Meigs players have snow issues 🤣. How about you trust the rest of your team?! And as far as the family they planned on leaving since dad didn’t make the school board. And out coached? They went to a team that has won less games than Eastern so their kids could be stars. They also have been telling everyone every sports program at Eastern sucks including the football team he made it to state playoffs. You can suck Hills butt, surely, since you’re related to him it is expected and all but new coach has the best record since before Hill coached in one season. So know facts first, that’s in the record books for all to see if they’d want to look it up. APATHY isn’t the issue, had a better season without a coach who makes fun of disabled people and degraded his players and about to have the second. Meigs parents and players see the exact same. You can’t take the bull out of the bully. Again, let’s revisit this when his two key players aren’t playing... he won’t even play today without them.
Jayski wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 12:31 pm Am I reading this correctly? Are you saying Coach Hill is only winning now at Meigs because he has “two quality” players? Finally someone from Eastern is willing to admit that he didn’t even have “two quality” players while at Eastern. By the way, he was not fired nor was he ever going to be fired at Eastern. Sure some did not like him, but ask around he had supporters. He left because he had a chance to leave, stay close, and still Coach. As a proud supporter of the Eagles, I always said be careful what you wish for...Hill has been gone for two years and the new guy is still struggling with the same kids. Heck, I’ve even heard the grumbling about him. Didn’t one family leave for NY due to being tired of watching Kight “get out-coached”? Total crap. Kids need to step up and get better and their parents should start working on the things they can control...like getting their kids better! APATHY is the killer of Eastern Basketball.
Being a country cousin to the family that left, I can tell you that once again big girl, you have no idea what you are talking about. The dad (Tom) was elected to the board, but hasn’t been involved in probably 4 years. After I heard they left, I called him personally to ask why. Neither kid plans on being at a High School next year - both taking college classes. It was going to be much easier for them to be connected to a school much closer. Both boys have worked with Nelsonville’s coach in the past (which I wasn’t aware of). The oldest picked up an extra class that Eastern doesn’t offer. The oldest plans of being on NY trap team (that Eastern doesn’t offer). No, they didnt leave so their kids could be stars. They left for opportunity. Actually, the parents bleed green...that is why they moved back to the area when the kids were young. I respect them for the decision they made-which is made all the more difficult by people who have no idea what they are talking about,
I heard that they left because the coach asked them to come play for him.

coyote II
Waterboy

Post by coyote II »

BigBallFan wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:11 am Eastern has had zero talent since Howie was there. That is evident in the results in the regular season in the tournament. You can blame the coaches all you want, but they have not won a sectional title since the young fat guy was there.

He did a nice job when he followed Howie and actually got them back to the Convo with Carnahan. That team literally had one kid who could dribble with their left hand. That coach was halfway decent, but he upt and left after two years.........
He's too busy competing for state titles at Ft Loramie now

Jim Ryan
JV Team

Post by Jim Ryan »

What a mess! No wonder people want out of Eastern. Hey, Racine will take a few. :lol:

eagle25
JV Team

Post by eagle25 »

coyote II wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 6:16 pm
BigBallFan wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:11 am Eastern has had zero talent since Howie was there. That is evident in the results in the regular season in the tournament. You can blame the coaches all you want, but they have not won a sectional title since the young fat guy was there.

He did a nice job when he followed Howie and actually got them back to the Convo with Carnahan. That team literally had one kid who could dribble with their left hand. That coach was halfway decent, but he upt and left after two years.........
He's too busy competing for state titles at Ft Loramie now
Yea, I heard he's the jr high coach there. :mrgreen:

PurplePower
Freshman Team

Post by PurplePower »

This is just more eastern histroy. Back when the village idiot aka Chuck Sheets was playing they had coach kirkhart who left eastern and went on to win a state title somewhere else. That school has always had drama even before we were calling it drama.

BEWARE OF THE STOMP AND STARE!
eagle25
JV Team

Post by eagle25 »

PurplePower wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 2:32 pm This is just more eastern histroy. Back when the village idiot aka Chuck Sheets was playing they had coach kirkhart who left eastern and went on to win a state title somewhere else. That school has always had drama even before we were calling it drama.
And yet we still beat Southern. :mrgreen:

eagle25
JV Team

Post by eagle25 »

Whatever happened to Girlbye, or BiGirl or whatever? :mrgreen:

rc1129
Riding the Bench

Post by rc1129 »

PurplePower wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 2:32 pm This is just more eastern histroy. Back when the village idiot aka Chuck Sheets was playing they had coach kirkhart who left eastern and went on to win a state title somewhere else. That school has always had drama even before we were calling it drama.
It all started when John Reibel passed...

eagle25
JV Team

Post by eagle25 »

rc1129 wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 11:33 pm
It all started when John Reibel passed...
Pam had it all straightened out and got rid of all the drama. Then she retired and chubby took over. I've heard that they are trying to get her to come back though. Offering her a lot of money to get things back in order. Hopefully she takes it. :mrgreen:

MarauderMadness
JV Team

Post by MarauderMadness »

Girlbye wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 11:22 pm He is not a perfectly good coach. The team was willing to walk if he coached another season. He’s got two quality players At Meigs. It’s not his coaching. It’s the players. See how good he is after he loses them. He has no talent as a coach. And you had injured players and players with the flu playing from eastern and they held on three quarters what’s that say about his coaching. Lol. But ok. 🤷🏻‍♀️ Meigs players don’t even like him.
Baldeagle wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 2:06 pm Everybody out here knows he "left" because the parents didnt like his coaching. Same story, new year. Eagle fans run off a perfectly good coach.
Throwback Thursday. :D

Return to “Boys Basketball”