Jackson @ Chillicothe 2/8

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Jackson @ Chillicothe 2/8

Post by Ironman92 »

Why not?

Too short....1 man show. Can’t beat Chillicothe

29 years ago Clayton Valentine hit a 15 ft jumper at Warren Local and Randy Heath blew out my car speakers as the Ironmen won the SEOAL title.....haven’t won the league since. The chance is there on Saturday. The Ironmen will be underdogs in this game of matchups but this team is playing at their highest level right now and are at full strength.

This will be an all day affair as I believe the day starts with freshman boys, then jv girls, JV boys, varsity girls and then varsity boys.

My only advice is to not worry about getting blocked at the basket. The last few matchups Jackson has missed a lot of shots at the rim against the Cavs and some for obvious reasons but also several in what appeared to be anticipation of getting blocked. If it gets blocked out of bounds you still have possession, you miss the lay in and it’s a great chance you lose possession.

I look for a great game. Not counting the Ironmen out...we can win this.

Why not?

vcgrad
All Conference

Re: Jackson @ Chillicothe 2/8

Post by vcgrad »

Not enough talent--that's why not--D1 is different ball game---just no one get hurt for the tourney!!!!

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

vcgrad wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 8:09 am Not enough talent--that's why not--D1 is different ball game---just no one get hurt for the tourney!!!!
Thanks, keep them coming

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

vcgrad wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 8:09 am Not enough talent--that's why not--D1 is different ball game---just no one get hurt for the tourney!!!!
D1 is just a size classification in the context of Chillicothe vs Jackson. In terms of "quality of ball" comparisons, it falls short here. Chillicothe may be better than Jackson, but it's a depth difference.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

Personally I think Chillicothe will win solely because they have better posters on SoutheastOhioPreps... Not even a debate really

Watching SE Ohio basketball
danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

I think Chillicothe is the better team, but hasn’t been playing well lately.

Jackson is playing extremely well, plays unreal D, and has Caleb Wallis (plus much more!), so no score will shock me in this game

I’ll take the Cavs 51-47 and will add that that’s a miserable way to do the all day events, especially for the Freshman/JV kids, coaches and families.

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

I witnessed Chillicothe’s only FAC loss to date. Slow them down and take away everything easy -/ encourage the other 2 to shoot and make your FTs.

There ya go. Simple. :-).

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk
Ed Ott
Varsity

Post by Ed Ott »

We aren’t playing good of late but we are at home and we aren’t going to share any titles. Jackson will shrink and Cavs will take care of business once again. Cavs 60-42

Wish we could play that way against D1 but the southeast district is ours.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Ironman92 wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 7:55 am Why not?

29 years ago Clayton Valentine hit a 15 ft jumper at Warren Local and Randy Heath blew out my car speakers as the Ironmen won the SEOAL title.....haven’t won the league since. The chance is there on Saturday. The Ironmen will be underdogs in this game of matchups but this team is playing at their highest level right now and are at full strength.

This will be an all day affair as I believe the day starts with freshman boys, then jv girls, JV boys, varsity girls and then varsity boys.

My only advice is to not worry about getting blocked at the basket. The last few matchups Jackson has missed a lot of shots at the rim against the Cavs and some for obvious reasons but also several in what appeared to be anticipation of getting blocked. If it gets blocked out of bounds you still have possession, you miss the lay in and it’s a great chance you lose possession.

Why not?

Did Brad Howe tenure land a league title ?

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

countywide35 wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 5:42 pm
Ironman92 wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 7:55 am Why not?

Why not?

Did Brad Howe tenure land a league title ?
No. Best year 13-7 or 14-6 and lost in sectionals

Vik
JV Team

Post by Vik »

Hmmmm 🤔

Jackson is playing really good. I watched them blast Waverly. Crazy intense defense by the Ironmen. If they can keep best players on court and rebound with Chillicothe they might have a chance. I imagine Chillicothe is better at home and maybe to big. I admit Jackson is fun to watch even though I loathe them. Chillicothe 64 Jackson 55

E High
All State

Post by E High »

Chilly wins if they bring they’re B+ game

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

E High wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 12:25 am Chilly wins if they bring they’re B+ game
That’s fair

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

I’ll be surprised if this isn’t a close game

Ohio1234
JV Team

Post by Ohio1234 »

Worst thing that could have happened to Jackson was Chillicothe losing 3 straight in that stretch St Charles, Upper Arlington, Canal, in which Chillicothe could have won all 3 Don’t see Chillicothe losing this one But if Wallis goes 30+ it could be close with Roper guarding him I don’t see that happening I’ll take Chilli 64-48 or so

Reds Fan
JV Team

Post by Reds Fan »

would love to see Jackson win this game. a league title would be good for the community

vcgrad
All Conference

Post by vcgrad »

By how many Chillicothe wants to win by.

bear211
Riding the Bench

Post by bear211 »

vcgrad wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 1:15 pm By how many Chillicothe wants to win by.
I believe this will be a close game. Totally disagree with this post. Jackson is playing at full peak right now and anything can happen. If jackson plays the same way they did at home(defensive pressure), knocks in open shots, and limits Noel to under 15 points. They come out of Chillicothe Saturday night with a share. Big day Saturday for both girls and boys.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

vcgrad wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 1:15 pm By how many Chillicothe wants to win by.
Is chilli playing VC ?

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Chillicothe 40
Logan 10

Half....yikes lol

Return to “Boys Basketball”