2020 SVC POY

mlittle
SEOP

Re: 2020 SVC POY

Post by mlittle »

WhiskeyTwoFive wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 12:06 pm :!: Can we stop with the transfer BS?
This post wasnt made to argue, or to discuss where kids lived when they were in middle school, or whos panties are more in a bunch...

These are kids...or young adults. It gets old seeing people on social media bashing a kid...or trying to fight a kids parents in the stands. WHY?!

These are kids. Let them play the game. Enjoy it. I dont see any of these kids making a living playing basketball. High School basketball is amazing, but its not that serious. Its a great time in these kids lives. They or their parents made a decision to move/transfer bc they thought it was a better opportunity or there was possible an issue with their former coach or school. SO WHAT?

Im proud of every SVC athlete I watch, as long as they represent our conference and schools in a good manner. They are all one of us.

I used to scream things at maybe, possibly, one of the coaches on this thread that would make my mother blush lol but I like him and I respect what he does for these kids.
These conversations always turn to that. You’re right it doesn’t matter. We are blessed with living in a great area and watching great athletes in a very good conference, night in and night out. I’m trying to enjoy it while I can. It’ll be over soon

Spartan12
Freshman Team

Post by Spartan12 »

Big Daddy 7371 wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 6:43 am
Spartan12 wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 11:48 pm
mlittle wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:45 pm

They have talent. People talk about how deep we are. It’s more about trust and allowing our kids to evolve. Saturday’s game vs Adena our starters watched our second string play 4 minutes into the 4th with a 2 point lead. We had 1 starter in at that point. That takes a set from the coaching staff. Our second string stretched the lead to 9 in that span. They have developed that confidence throughout the season with playing time. So instead of beating everyone by 30 playing 6 we play 9-10 players in our rotation and hopefully those kids have gained some confidence that we can use down the stretch. Then again maybe not 🤷‍♂️

I’ll just say what everyone else is afraid to say. Unioto is deep with all of the other SVC players.

Little-piketon
Wheeler- SE
Debord-ZT
Debord-ZT. (Twins)
Lambert - ZT
Lambert- ZT (Twins)
Greenwalt - ZT

Are these Unioto top 7-8 players? Who are the real Unioto players and not transfers? These kids do not live in Unioto district. Why doesn’t anyone mention this?

No need to get upset. Just stating the facts.

Oh, I don’t think it’s a question on who the POY is. Unless someone’s father disagrees.
Little lives in district
Wheeler lives in district
Lamberts live in district
Debords transfered in 7th grade
and the same for Greenwalt

if I'm not mistaken wasn't Nick Nesser there also then Kellough got him to come back
You’re mistaken. Nick went to ZT & then to Unioto for one year. Came back to ZT when Allen Koker was the HC

Spartan12
Freshman Team

Post by Spartan12 »

mlittle wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 8:46 am
Spartan12 wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 11:48 pm
mlittle wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:45 pm

They have talent. People talk about how deep we are. It’s more about trust and allowing our kids to evolve. Saturday’s game vs Adena our starters watched our second string play 4 minutes into the 4th with a 2 point lead. We had 1 starter in at that point. That takes a set from the coaching staff. Our second string stretched the lead to 9 in that span. They have developed that confidence throughout the season with playing time. So instead of beating everyone by 30 playing 6 we play 9-10 players in our rotation and hopefully those kids have gained some confidence that we can use down the stretch. Then again maybe not 🤷‍♂️

I’ll just say what everyone else is afraid to say. Unioto is deep with all of the other SVC players.

Little-piketon
Wheeler- SE
Debord-ZT
Debord-ZT. (Twins)
Lambert - ZT
Lambert- ZT (Twins)
Greenwalt - ZT

Are these Unioto top 7-8 players? Who are the real Unioto players and not transfers? These kids do not live in Unioto district. Why doesn’t anyone mention this?

No need to get upset. Just stating the facts.

Oh, I don’t think it’s a question on who the POY is. Unless someone’s father disagrees.
Swain and Evans are both transfers as well if we’re getting technical. But it really doesn’t matter. If Little was still at piketon we’d have beat you there too.
Yeah....

Spartan12
Freshman Team

Post by Spartan12 »

I was just having fun last night and knew everyone would get their panties in a bunch. I really don’t care who transfers. Lol. First time that I’ve ever mentioned it.

So now everyone can take a deep breath!!

Cameron Evans- back to back SVC POY

I will say this also and that some of you LIVE on this forum. Hahhaha

WhiskeyTwoFive
Riding the Bench

Post by WhiskeyTwoFive »

WhiskeyTwoFive wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 1:35 pm Dani,
To be honest I have not seen Chandler play. I like Logan Bennett but I expected more from him this year TBH.

Im taking Beeler bc hes taking a beating all year and still putting up numbers and being a leader. Chandler or Newland would be fine by me!

and...agreed about Little he has had a great year and really shown a lot of improvement.
I feel like Logan Bennett must read this thread cause the kid has had a great 3 or 4 games since I made my post! Keep it coming big fella! Just in time for a Convo Run!

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

WhiskeyTwoFive wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 5:05 pm
WhiskeyTwoFive wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 1:35 pm Dani,
To be honest I have not seen Chandler play. I like Logan Bennett but I expected more from him this year TBH.

Im taking Beeler bc hes taking a beating all year and still putting up numbers and being a leader. Chandler or Newland would be fine by me!

and...agreed about Little he has had a great year and really shown a lot of improvement.
I feel like Logan Bennett must read this thread cause the kid has had a great 3 or 4 games since I made my post! Keep it coming big fella! Just in time for a Convo Run!
The kid is a player for sure. Plays inside and out. Has a great shooting touch. I’d take him on my team without hesitation

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

It’s about that time. I’m guessing they do the league voting this Sunday

Nipgencounty
Freshman Team

Post by Nipgencounty »

Evans in a landslide

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

18-3

Big Daddy 7371
Varsity

Post by Big Daddy 7371 »

mlittle wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:54 pm18-3
:D

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Little in a landslide

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

mlittle wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:39 pm Little in a landslide
Agreed

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Tonight he showed exactly why

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

I’ll admit it. When mlittle sold me my florescent yellow Durango this summer he told me Unioto was going to contend for league and 18+ wins. I thought he was crazier than I already thought. His transformation on here has been as good as Unioto’s. Not completely crazy dude was spot on.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Ironman92 wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:09 pm I’ll admit it. When mlittle sold me my florescent yellow Durango this summer he told me Unioto was going to contend for league and 18+ wins. I thought he was crazier than I already thought. His transformation on here has been as good as Unioto’s. Not completely crazy dude was spot on.
I’m was obvi just being biased because my son is on the team

svc_guy
Freshman Team

Post by svc_guy »

I think almost everyone could not get on board with Unioto winning this many games because in the past they have been driven by high powered offense and athletes. For Hoops to flip the switch this year and make the teams identity defensive is imo his best coaching job yet. I ha e seen them 5 times this year and each game has been the same script. Their offense is also evolving as of late which is bad news for their tournament opponent. I am on board with Little being a leading candidate next year but he was not required nor did he dominate teams as cam did. They win games due to their smothering defense and depth. As not to say he isn’t a first team kid this year just I think cam gets the nod. However, I have learned to never be surprised by league votes so it is possible. Good luck to the U. I think they can go to the regionals with this team.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

svc_guy wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:22 pm I think almost everyone could not get on board with Unioto winning this many games because in the past they have been driven by high powered offense and athletes. For Hoops to flip the switch this year and make the teams identity defensive is imo his best coaching job yet. I ha e seen them 5 times this year and each game has been the same script. Their offense is also evolving as of late which is bad news for their tournament opponent. I am on board with Little being a leading candidate next year but he was not required nor did he dominate teams as cam did. They win games due to their smothering defense and depth. As not to say he isn’t a first team kid this year just I think cam gets the nod. However, I have learned to never be surprised by league votes so it is possible. Good luck to the U. I think they can go to the regionals with this team.
It’s our style. He scores when he has to and sets up teammates when he has to. He is a leader of men and does what he has to. If his coach was like another certain league coach I’m sure he would leave him in during 30 point blowouts just so he could “get his points” but Little doesn’t care because he’s a leader and a winner. Scoring baskets doesn’t make u a player of the year. Little Is the best and most unselfish all around player in our league. You can have your points. I’ll take what he does over ANY BODY
Last edited by mlittle on Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

svc_guy
Freshman Team

Post by svc_guy »

Well if your correct then I’m sure the league will vote him that way. They usually get it right from what I have seen. After all, they are the experts and we are the fans from the sidelines. And...I would expect you would take him, that’s what Dads are supposed to do, support their kids. Good luck to your son in the tournament.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

svc_guy wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:36 pm Well if your correct then I’m sure the league will vote him that way. They usually get it right from what I have seen. After all, they are the experts and we are the fans from the sidelines. And...I would expect you would take him, that’s what Dads are supposed to do, support their kids. Good luck to your son in the tournament.
Thanks! And I’m sure you’re right and btw Cam Evans is really really good! I wouldn’t be upset with him representing the league as poy

KRS
JV Team

Post by KRS »

After watching Evans again tonight, I believe he will repeat as POY. He is just different. Not sure what his totals were this evening but it was impressive and did it in under 3 quarters of play. Thank goodness.

Return to “Boys Basketball”