How will your coach vote in D2 seedings

mlittle
SEOP

How will your coach vote in D2 seedings

Post by mlittle »

I think this could be fun. I’d like to see how the other posters believe their coach will vote as far as seeding goes. Like who they’d want to face or avoid?

What I’d like to see:

1. FU
2. Jackson
3. Sheridan
4. Unioto
5. Waverly
6. LE
7. Athens
8. VC
9. Warren
10. MT
11. Marietta
12. Gallia
13. New Lex
14. Hillsboro
15. McClain
16. River valley
17. Circleville
18. Courthouse.

No need to list them all but maybe just the ones that will affect your team and who you think your coach will try to avoid. Maybe even teams you think will try to avoid you.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Re: How will your coach vote in D2 seedings

Post by Ironman92 »

mlittle wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 7:31 pm I think this could be fun. I’d like to see how the other posters believe their coach will vote as far as seeding goes. Like who they’d want to face or avoid?

What I’d like to see:

1. FU
2. Jackson
3. Sheridan
4. Unioto
5. Waverly
6. LE
7. Athens
8. VC
9. Warren
10. MT
11. Marietta
12. Gallia
13. New Lex
14. Hillsboro
15. McClain
16. River valley
17. Circleville
18. Courthouse.

No need to list them all but maybe just the ones that will affect your team and who you think your coach will try to avoid. Maybe even teams you think will try to avoid you.
You want New Lex instead of Boro and FU in the districts rather than Jackson/Sheridan. You like the Waverly matchup. I get that.

I’ll vote as Jackson but in no way saying Coach Morrow agrees or cares lol

1. Jackson
2. FU
3. Sheridan
4. U
5. Wav
6. Athens
7. Warren
8. Logan Elm
9. Vinton Co
10. Miami Trace
11. Marietta
12. Gallia Academy
13. Hillsboro
14. New Lex
15. McClain
16. River Valley
17. Circleville
18. Washington

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

It’s funny you said that because I could lay out a perfect road to the district final and then our team lose in the first round. Lol.

We played FU tighter than we did jackson and it was at FU. That in no way shape or form means we could do it again or am I saying Coach Hoops has the same view. He could easily look at that Jackson game and go ok, we didn’t play our best and it was still a 5 point game up until the last few minutes. So that could be just as winnable for us. I would like to avoid Hillsboro in the sect semi. That team scares me and we just played them.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

I92. What coach or team in the seedings do you feel would be trying to avoid you whether it be early or late?

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

WCH, probably doesn’t care much, maybe try to get Circleville at 15

Circleville, in 16-17 game....probably wants FU at 1 and not Jackson....hoping RV 1st rd

RV, probably wants Circleville then doesn’t care

McClain.....might want the 15 to get WCH and a win but might not

New Lex, probably think they can matchup with Unioto but would lose 51-39

Hillsboro, all but best ZT last year and have played Jackson close 2x...I bet would want the 13 to play Unioto again

Gallia Academy, probably try for Waverly matchup

Marietta wants that game with Athens 11/6 could very well happen, doubt 7/10

Miami Trace might like the matchup with Logan Elm...could happen at 7/10, avoid VC and Unioto who killed them

VC, might want Athens in that 8/9 with them, might want FU or Sheridan 1

Warren Local, might want VC in that 8/9 and wanted Jackson last year so they would want them 1

Logan Elm....might want that 8/9 spot as well and Jackson at 1

Athens....might want that 5 and Unioto but might prefer a rematch with Etta

Waverly....might want a Gallia or Marietta in 1st rd and a matchup with Unioto next. Guessing they’d prefer FU in the 1

Unioto....might not want Hillsboro in that 13 so maybe New Lex. They’ll want FU in the 1 as they seem to play them very well. Might go for Athens in the 5 but not against playing Waverly either

Sheridan, doubt they care rd 1, might want Athens opposed to LE or Warren. Might prefer Jackson as the 2 but might feel good going against FU again

FU, don’t care rd 1, might want LE or Athens on their route and might prefer Sheridan over Unioto or Jackson....as 1 prefer Waverly over Unioto

Jackson, don’t care rd 1....might prefer VC/Athens next but might prefer Warren or LE? Probably like a Unioto opposed to Sheridan/FU

Just a mess of guessing, no idea of any coaches’ thoughts

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

I would be guessing Waverly will try to avoid Jackson until they absolutely have to

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

And Unioto can win every game 51-39. That’d be fine by me. Lol

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

I know we have some Waverly Athens LE and VC posters on here and would love to hear your thoughts also.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

I must say...this super sectional is not only pretty strong but the coaching, Maddox, Morrow, Combs, Eversol, Stiverson, Hoops, Robertson, Stewart...Sheridan Coach (sorry forget name)

These guys know what to do to get their teams ready for any matchup

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

mlittle wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 8:12 pm I would be guessing Waverly will try to avoid Jackson until they absolutely have to
Actually Travis said on the radio after the loss to Jackson he’d like another shot at them down the road. Naturally with the seeding the way it will be that would be later rather than sooner.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

smurray wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 9:20 pm
mlittle wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 8:12 pm I would be guessing Waverly will try to avoid Jackson until they absolutely have to
Actually Travis said on the radio after the loss to Jackson he’d like another shot at them down the road. Naturally with the seeding the way it will be that would be later rather than sooner.
Well for one thing it would be guaranteed to be in the districts so that means Waverly advanced to the Convo and two...no coach is going to say they rather not face an opponent on radio

Treyman3
Freshman Team

Post by Treyman3 »

Here are my predicted seeds:
1. FU
2. Jackson
3. Sheridan
4. Unioto
5. Waverly
6. Athens
7. Logan Elm
8. Warren
9. Vinton
10. Trace
11. Marietta
12. Gallia
13. Hillsboro
14. New Lex
15. McClain
16. RV
17. Circileville
18. WCH

I think the 6-8 seeds could go any direction depending on how much coaches work together.

13/14 have same record too so who knows how coaches will vote on that.

As a Sheridan guy, I think we'd want to avoid a 3rd game with NL, but don't know a thing about Hillsboro. As for the 2nd round, I think Athens is a better match up than LE, but it's hard to tell, I really haven't seen a whole lot of either team. LE and Sheridan would be a contrast in physical make up, with LE being guard oriented and Sheridan being bigger and stronger. I thought McClain was a better matchup last year rather than Waverly but handled Waverly pretty easily so you just never know how things will play out.

Big Daddy 7371
Varsity

Post by Big Daddy 7371 »

1 Jackson
2 FU
3 Unioto
4 Sheridan
5 Waverly
6 LE
7 Athens
8 VC
9 Warren
10 MT
11 Marietta
12 Gallia
13 New Lex
14 Hillsboro
15 McClain
16 RV
17 Circleville
18 Washington

As a Unioto guy this is what coach Hoops and others would wan't

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Big Daddy 7371 wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 6:24 am 1 Jackson
2 FU
3 Unioto
4 Sheridan
5 Waverly
6 LE
7 Athens
8 VC
9 Warren
10 MT
11 Marietta
12 Gallia
13 New Lex
14 Hillsboro
15 McClain
16 RV
17 Circleville
18 Washington

As a Unioto guy this is what coach Hoops and others would wan't
You rather have LE 2nd round than Waverly? Just the size advantage?

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

I’d like to hear from the FU posters too to see who they’d want in the 2nd round.

Cav's Alum
Waterboy

Post by Cav's Alum »

I know some, but not all, of the D2 teams in southeast Ohio. But if you overlook their middle of the pack record and lack of overall size, Logan Elm is certainly capable of upsetting one of the top seeds. What other sleeper teams in the area are scary?

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Cav's Alum wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 9:15 am I know some, but not all, of the D2 teams in southeast Ohio. But if you overlook their middle of the pack record and lack of overall size, Logan Elm is certainly capable of upsetting one of the top seeds. What other sleeper teams in the area are scary?
At no point would I ever want to play Logan Elm, especially with the quality of guards they have. But, they could have zero talent and they would be a nightmare in a one and done situation

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Cav's Alum wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 9:15 am I know some, but not all, of the D2 teams in southeast Ohio. But if you overlook their middle of the pack record and lack of overall size, Logan Elm is certainly capable of upsetting one of the top seeds. What other sleeper teams in the area are scary?
Well just look at the coaches again....Maddox, Combs, Stiverson all in that dangerous middle pack

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Gallia beat Fairland this year so they are capable of beating anyone

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Marietta could be a dark horse as well.

Return to “Boys Basketball”